Best LASIK Surgeon In Kent, WA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in Kent, WA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 10069 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Kent.
King LASIK - Seattle Central
6700 Fort Dent Way, Tukwila, WA 98188, United States
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients are raving about the experience and results. The staff is described as professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. The process is quick and painless, and patients are ecstatic about being able to see clearly without glasses or contacts. Some patients experienced discomfort right after the surgery, however, most felt 99% better within a few hours or the next day. The practice receives high marks for their exceptional care and professionalism, and a majority of patients highly recommend this lasik surgeon practice.
- Professional and friendly staff that provide thorough explanations and guidance before, during, and after the procedure
- Life-changing outcomes with many patients reporting improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts, even in cases of extreme nearsightedness
- Quick and painless procedures, with patients reporting minimal discomfort and recovery times as short as 24 hours. Many patients also note excellent post-op care and follow-up from the King Lasik team.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK & LENS
3025 112th Ave NE #200, Bellevue, WA 98004
The majority of the reviews for SharpeVision's lasik surgery practice are positive, with patients praising the practice's professionalism, expertise, and caring staff. Many mention how Dr. Sharpe and his team made the entire experience as easy as possible, offering thorough explanations of the procedure and answering all questions. Patients appreciate Dr. Sharpe's meticulousness and precision during the surgery and attest to the life-changing results of his work. Overall, patients highly recommend SharpeVision for those looking for a skilled and compassionate lasik surgeon.
- Exceptional patient care and a comforting environment.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon with impeccable credentials.
- Efficient and streamlined process from consultation to post-operative care.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK & LENS
3025 112th Ave NE #200, Bellevue, WA 98004, United States
Patients rave about Dr. Sharpe and his team at SharpeVision, describing them as kind, professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Many praise Dr. Sharpe's expertise, skill, and impeccable attention to detail during the Lasik procedure. Patients appreciate the clear explanations, thorough pre-op, and the fact that Dr. Sharpe was with them every step of the way, providing care and reassurance. Some feel their decision to get Lasik has been life-changing, with many calling it the best decision they have ever made. Overall, patients recommend SharpeVision to anyone considering Lasik or other vision correction procedures.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Sharpe, who instills confidence in patients and demonstrates genuine care throughout the Lasik journey.
- Excellent bedside manner and patient-centric approach, providing a sense of comfort and ease during the procedure.
- Efficient and streamlined process, from scheduling to post-surgery check-ups, with thorough explanations and informed communication every step of the way.
King LASIK - Portland North
17600 NE Delfel Rd, Vancouver, WA 98642
Patients rave about their experiences with King Lasik's professional and friendly staff. The process is quick and easy, and the staff takes great care of patients, helping to calm nerves and explain each step of the way. Patients report minimal discomfort during the procedure and quick results, with many achieving 20/10 vision the day after their surgery. Highly recommended by all who have had the procedure, with many calling it a life-changing experience.
- The staff is knowledgeable, kind, and helpful, and they make patients feel comfortable and reassured, even those who are nervous or anxious about the procedure.
- The procedure is quick and painless, with minimal discomfort, and the recovery process is fast and easy, with many patients seeing clear 20/10 vision the next day.
- Patients are highly satisfied with the results, with many experiencing life-changing improvements in their vision and quality of life, and they highly recommend King LASIK to others considering the procedure.
1300 SW 7th St Suite 105, Renton, WA 98057, United States
Patients have praised the Lasik surgeon practice for the professional staff, quick procedures, and excellent results. Many have reported that they were seeing better than 20/20 vision within a few days of surgery, with some even achieving 20/13 vision. Overall, patients were happy with their vision and would recommend the practice to others seeking LASIK surgery. However, there were some complaints about poor customer service and staff attitude towards post-operative concerns.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, including professional and proficient doctors.
- High success rates, with many patients reporting improved vision surpassing their expectations.
- Quick and painless procedures with excellent aftercare routine and follow-up support.
8050 Freedom Ln NE A, Lacey, WA 98516
Aurora LASIK has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their friendly and professional staff, skilled doctors, and exceptional service during the lasik surgery process. They offer a thorough consultation process and ensure that patients are well-informed and comfortable throughout the process. They also have top-quality technology and facilities that ensure that the surgery is quick, painless, and effective. Many patients have had life-changing results and highly recommend Aurora LASIK for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Highly informative and welcoming consultation process.
- Personalized care and attentiveness from the staff and Dr. Rudd, including follow-up phone calls and texts.
- Efficient, pain-free, and successful surgery with fast recovery time.
King LASIK - Seattle Central
6700 Fort Dent Way, Tukwila, WA 98188
According to the reviews, the lasik surgeon practice is highly recommended. Patients had a great experience, felt comfortable and informed throughout the procedure, and appreciated the professionalism and kindness of the staff. Many reviewers noted that their vision improved significantly, with some achieving 20/15 vision. Overall, the practice is praised for its efficiency, effectiveness, and life-changing results.
- Informative and comforting experience: The staff at the practice made sure to provide thorough explanations and made the patient feel comfortable, addressing any concerns or questions before and after the procedure.
- Impressive results: Many patients reported significant improvement in their vision, with some achieving 20/15 vision the day after the procedure. The success rates and quality of care provided by the practice were highly praised.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the professionalism, kindness, and knowledge of the staff members. Patients felt well taken care of and appreciated the friendly atmosphere throughout their experience at the practice.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article