Best Eye Doctors In Bellevue, WA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bellevue Optometrists in Bellevue, Bellevue, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bellevue reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bellevue.
The Eyecare Center
12310 NE 8th St #101, Bellevue, WA 98005
The eye care center provides thorough eye exams. Customers praise the professional doctors and friendly staff. However, some customers report high glasses prices and inflexible services.
- Thorough and high-quality eye exams with advanced technology
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors who take the time to explain conditions and risks
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service and support during appointments
Eye Clinic of Bellevue Ltd
1300 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
Reviewers report satisfactory experiences at the Eye Clinic of Bellevue, noting thorough exams and professional doctors. Dr. Stephanie Phan draws particular acclaim for her expertise, clear communication, and compassion. However, some criticize administrative issues like billing and front desk interactions. In general, patients commend the clinic’s COVID-19 precautions, prompt appointments, and courteous staff.
- Impressive processes and top-notch COVID protocols: The Eye Clinic of Bellevue is praised for its well-organized and efficient processes. They have thorough COVID protocols in place to ensure the safety of their patients.
- Excellent doctors: Many reviews mention the caring and knowledgeable doctors at the Eye Clinic of Bellevue. Patients have had positive experiences with doctors like Dr. Stephanie Phan, Dr. Rizen, and Dr. Davis. They are praised for their professionalism, thoroughness, and willingness to explain procedures and treatments.
- Quick and easy scheduling: The Eye Clinic of Bellevue is commended for their easy scheduling process, with several reviewers mentioning that they were able to get appointments quickly, even for urgent matters. This is especially important for those with eye emergencies or urgent eye issues.
Vision Care Bellevue
1101 106th Ave NE #10, Bellevue, WA 98004
The eye care center is highly regarded for its friendly, knowledgeable doctors, thorough exams, helpful optical staff, clear billing, and excellent customer service.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Vision Plus Bellevue is consistently praised for their kindness, helpfulness, and patience. From scheduling appointments to helping choose frames, the staff goes above and beyond to provide a positive and personalized experience to patients.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The eye exams at Vision Plus Bellevue are described as comprehensive and precise. Patients appreciate the detailed explanations provided by Dr. Huang, which help them understand their eye health and make informed decisions about their care.
- Wide selection of frames: Vision Plus Bellevue offers a great selection of frames, and staff members are praised for their assistance in helping patients choose the right frames to suit their preferences and face shape. Patients appreciate the time and care taken to ensure a comfortable and satisfying selection process.
Bellevue Eye Specialists (Optical and Eye Clinic)
10047 Main St Ste 101, Bellevue, WA 98004
Bellevue Eye Specialists receives glowing reviews for their professional and knowledgeable staff, extensive selection of fashionable eyewear, advanced exam technology, and prompt appointment availability. Patients praise the opticians’ expertise in finding ideal frames. While wait times are shorter than average, any issues are swiftly resolved by the helpful employees. Patients strongly recommend this practice for comprehensive eye care and stylish glasses.
- The eye care center has the newest eye exam equipment, allowing for a more accurate and comfortable eye exam experience.
- The staff, including the licensed optician Diane, is knowledgeable and helps customers pick out beautiful frames that fit their style.
- The clinic provides excellent customer service, including free frame adjustments even for glasses not purchased from their store, and offers quick appointment availability compared to other eye clinics in the area.
1414 116th Ave NE suite b, Bellevue, WA 98004
Patients applaud Airis Eyes and Dr. Sandhu for the warm staff, thorough exams, and clean office. Dr. Sandhu earns acclaim for her professionalism, expertise, and commitment to eye health. Conveniences like online booking and a kids’ play area also draw praise. Patients strongly endorse this practice for superb eye care.
- Welcoming staff and comforting environment: Many reviewers mention the welcoming and friendly staff at Airis Eye, which immediately puts them at ease upon arrival. The calm and comforting demeanor of the team helps make both adults and children feel comfortable during the examination.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at Airis Eye. The doctors take their time to explain the results in a simplified manner and use advanced technology to provide a comprehensive examination. This attention to detail gives patients peace of mind and confidence in the care they receive.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Reviewers specifically mention Dr. Joshlene Sandhu as being knowledgeable, caring, and attentive to their concerns. She takes the time to address any questions and provides insightful guidance based on individual needs. The doctors and staff are described as professional, fun, and dedicated to ensuring optimal eye health for both children and adults.
Warby Parker Bellevue Square
122 Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA 98004
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback, with customers highlighting quality eye exams, glasses, frame options, and helpful staff. The office is described as clean, organized, and welcoming. However, one long-time customer did report dissatisfaction with recent customer service.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly, helpful, and professional staff who provide top-notch service and take the time to listen to customers' wants and needs.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciate the large variety of frames available, which allows them to find the perfect fit and style for their face.
- Convenient and quick process: Several reviews mention the ease and efficiency of the eye exam and glasses purchasing process, with some customers noting the quick checkout and fast delivery of their orders.
Specialty Eye Bellevue
225 106th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its professional and friendly doctors and staff. Patients comment on the thorough eye exams and quality care. Many also compliment the unique frame selection.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors
- Clean and well-equipped facility
700 110th Ave NE #255, Bellevue, WA 98004
Eye Society offers accurate eye exams without dilation from its skilled optometrist. Customers can expect high-end eyewear with many frame choices. The knowledgeable, friendly staff provides personalized service. However, prices are high and may not be covered by insurance.
- Great staff and eye doctor: The staff and eye doctor at this eye care center are highly praised for their professionalism and friendliness. Customers have had positive experiences with both the eye exams and the assistance in choosing frames.
- Extensive and unique frame selection: Customers appreciate the wide range of frames available at this eye care center. They mention that the selection is unique, with high-quality frames from Europe and Japan. There are options to suit different tastes and styles.
- Personalized styling service: The staff at this eye care center offer personalized styling assistance to help customers find the perfect frames. They provide honest opinions and recommendations based on face shape and style, resulting in beautiful and compliment-worthy glasses.
Bellevue Vision Source
2020 116th Ave NE Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98004
Patients praise Dr. McManus and his staff for their professionalism, thorough exams, and exceptional customer service. The office offers a wide selection of frames in a clean and pleasant facility. However, one patient mentioned a disappointing interaction regarding Medicaid coverage.
- Dr. McManus is thorough and knowledgeable, providing excellent eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and helpful in assisting with frame selection and answering questions.
Northwest Vision Institute, PLLC
12301 NE 10th Pl # 200, Bellevue, WA 98005
Patients consistently praise Dr. Gilbert’s surgical skill and the Northwest Vision Institute staff’s professional and compassionate care. Their expertise facilitates successful procedures like cataract surgery leading to improved vision. The office’s welcoming environment complements their patient-focused approach.
- Highly skilled and experienced ophthalmologist: Many reviews praise the expertise and professionalism of Dr. Gilbert, the ophthalmologist at this eye care center. Several reviewers mention successful cataract surgeries and improved vision after treatment.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Reviewers consistently mention the caring and attentive nature of the staff at the eye care center. From the front desk to the technicians and doctors, the staff is described as knowledgeable, friendly, and providing quality care.
- Thorough eye exams and comprehensive care: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the staff's attention to detail in diagnosing and treating eye conditions. The eye care center is commended for using up-to-date devices and technology to ensure comprehensive eye health evaluations.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Washington
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Washington reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Washington, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Washington
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Washington.
- The In Washington in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 10.8 compared to the overall percentage of 3.61 for the population without risk factors. and In Washington in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.58%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Washington
- In Washington, 3.61% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Washington
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Washington face even higher rates at 5.05%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Washington
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Washington.
- 10.8% of those with diabetes and 7.19% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Washington
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.69% of children in Washington having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.77% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Washington
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.61% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Washington.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.