Best LASIK Surgeon In Richmond, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 90 LASIK Surgeons in Richmond, VA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 4443 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Richmond.
10571 Telegraph Rd Suite 100, Glen Allen, VA 23059
Patients had mostly positive experiences at this lasik surgeon practice. The staff were praised for being very nice and helpful, explaining everything clearly, and making patients feel comfortable. The procedures were quick and relatively painless. Many patients reported being able to see 20/20 or 20/15 vision after the surgery. Some patients mentioned that they appreciated the lifetime warranty on enhancements and follow-up care for astigmatism. Patients recommended this practice to others considering lasik surgery. A few negative reviews mentioned long wait times and difficulty getting in touch for follow-up care.
- Quick and easy procedure with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Dr. Neil Wills and his team are professional, caring, and very informative.
- Lifetime warranty on enhancements and great customer service.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2901 S Lynnhaven Rd Ste 170, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
The Lasik Vision Institute has a friendly staff, quick and easy procedures, and is highly recommended for those looking to improve their vision. The institute provides reassurance every step of the way, communicates openly, and takes care of patients throughout the entire process. The procedure is life-changing, with staff showing commitment, dedication, and professionalism that make the process easy. There are a few negative reviews, but overall, the reviews are very positive.
- Friendly and professional staff make the process easy and comforting.
- Quick and painless procedure with great results, leading to life-changing vision.
- Knowledgeable and dedicated doctors with the best technology available.
The LASIK Vision Institute
7100 Forest Ave Suite 102, Richmond, VA 23226
The Lasik Vision Institute has consistently received positive reviews from happy patients who had great experiences. Patients highly recommend the Institute's staff, who were friendly, professional, gentle, and informative during the entire process - from the consultation to the surgery and follow-up appointments. Several patients experienced life-changing results, with improved vision and no more contact lenses or glasses. Most importantly, they found the institute to be affordable, and deserving of a strong recommendation.
- Great staff: Many reviewers praised the staff as being helpful, friendly, and professional, making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Life-changing results: Several reviews mentioned the positive impact that the procedure had on their lives, with one patient saying that it was "one of the most rewarding experiences of my life."
- Quick and efficient: Many reviews mentioned how fast and seamless the process was, with some patients able to schedule their appointment for the same day as their consultation and leaving with improved vision in an hour or less.
Anh Nguyen Ophthalmology
431 Park Ave #103, Falls Church, VA 22046
Dr. Nguyen and her team are highly recommended by patients, with exceptional outcomes and great people skills. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and comprehensive testing, tailored care and expertise in managing complications. The office staff are kind and attentive, making the entire experience smooth and comfortable, from pre-op to post-op follow-through. Overall, patients feel safe, cared for, and are happy with their procedures.
- Dr. Nguyen is highly skilled and knowledgeable in different types of eye surgeries, such as LASIK, ICL, and cataract surgery. She and her team provide thorough pre-surgery testing, consultation, and follow-up care to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
- The staff at Dr. Nguyen's office are caring, attentive, and professional, making patients feel valued and reassured throughout their eye surgery journey. They also make sure to communicate clearly and honestly with patients, answer their questions, and provide personalized care that caters to their individual needs.
- Dr. Nguyen and her team aim to provide a positive, comfortable, and even enjoyable experience for patients during their surgery and recovery. They use the latest technology and techniques, such as PRK and LAL, to minimize pain, discomfort, and downtime. They also check up on patients regularly after surgery to ensure their eyes are healing properly and to address any concerns or issues promptly.
See Clearly Vision
8138 Watson St, McLean, VA 22102
The majority of reviews for this lasik surgeon practice are very positive, with patients praising the friendly and professional staff, efficient service, and high-quality care. Many patients specifically mention Dr. Williams as a standout physician. A few negative reviews mention poor customer service from the front desk staff and issues with billing and refunds. Overall, patients recommend this practice for anyone in need of eye care.
- Efficient and caring staff that provides professional and knowledgeable eye care.
- Doctors, including Dr. Williams, are thorough, compassionate, and take the time to explain test results and treatment options to patients.
- State-of-the-art facility with top-notch professionals who provide excellent vision care, including gas permeable contact lenses and corneal transplants.
The Eye Center
21475 Ridgetop Cir Suite 300, Sterling, VA 20166
Patients raved about the kind and gentle care provided by the doctor and staff at this lasik surgeon practice. The staff was commended for being friendly, compassionate, and efficient, while the facilities were described as clean and catered towards children. Many reviewers highly recommend this practice for eye care needs.
- The doctors and staff are friendly, kind, and patient, especially with children, making for a comfortable experience.
- The facility is clean, organized, and has a comfortable waiting room, making for a relaxed and efficient visit.
- The doctors are knowledgeable, professional, and thorough in their examinations, providing quality eye care services.
The Eye Center
8316 Arlington Blvd # 235, Fairfax, VA 22031
Customers consistently praise the professionalism and care of the doctors and staff at The Eye Center in Fairfax. Many reviews mention excellent customer service, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and thorough exams. Additionally, several positive reviews specifically mention successful LASIK surgeries performed at the practice.
- Excellent customer service and friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Professional and thorough eye exams and Lasik surgery
- Compassionate and caring doctors who take the time to answer all questions and concerns
Lipstock LASIK & Cataract Center : Dr. Kenneth Lipstock
3701 Westerre Pkwy # A, Richmond, VA 23233
Patients consistently rave about the great experiences they had at Lipstock LASIK & Cataract Center. The office is filled with knowledgeable medical professionals and the latest technology. Patients report painless procedures and easy recoveries, with vision improvements that exceed expectations. The staff is accommodating and professional, taking the time to walk patients through every step of the process and answering all of their questions. Overall, Lipstock LASIK & Cataract Center is highly recommended for those considering LASIK surgery.
- Experienced and knowledgeable medical professionals with the latest technology in lasik surgery.
- Compassionate and professional staff that make patients feel comfortable and accommodated throughout the process.
- High success rate with excellent vision improvement, including better than 20/20 vision in some cases, and minimal discomfort during and after the procedure.
Baltimore Washington Eye Center
200 Hospital Dr # 600, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
The majority of reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are positive, with patients praising the staff and doctors for their professionalism, expertise, and good customer service. Patients report feeling comfortable and at ease during procedures, and many have been visiting the practice for years. Issues with insurance and billing have been reported, as well as some negative experiences with front office staff. Overall, patients recommend this practice for eye care and lasik procedures.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled doctors, especially Dr. Strier and Dr. Spagnolo
- Friendly and professional staff who provide great customer service
- Offers a range of eye care services including LASIK, PRK, cataract surgery, routine eye exams, and specialized treatments for specific eye conditions.
NewView Eye Center
12110 Sunset Hills Rd Suite 50 LL, 12110 Sunset Hills Rd #475, Reston, VA 20190
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the professionalism, thoroughness, and caring attitude of Dr. Griffiths and her staff. Patients appreciate the calm and peaceful atmosphere of the office and feel that they receive excellent care. Many patients have had successful surgeries and follow-up exams with no complications. The support staff and administration are also praised for being polite and friendly. Patients highly recommend this practice for cataract surgery and other eye care needs.
- Dr. Griffiths and her staff offer exceptional eye care services with thorough and professional care.
- Patients experience a peaceful and comforting atmosphere during their visits.
- The practice provides a range of services including cataract surgery, PRK, and LASIK.
See Clearly Vision
1715 N George Mason Dr STE 206, Arlington, VA 22205
The lasik surgeon practice has generally received positive reviews from patients. Patients have praised the thoroughness and expertise of the doctors and staff, as well as their personalized care and attention to detail. Several patients specifically recommend Dr. Rajpal for his outstanding care and professionalism, with some even stating that choosing him was one of the best decisions of their lives. The practice is also noted for their excellent service and friendly staff, although there have been a few negative reviews regarding customer service and fees. Overall, the practice appears to be a good choice for those seeking lasik surgery or other eye care needs.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors who conduct thorough tests and examinations.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide excellent service and make patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Wide range of services offered, including LASIK and cataract surgery, for patients with complex eye issues.
Mark E. Whitten, MD
2301 N Parham Rd #3, Richmond, VA 23229
Patients rave about Dr. Whitten and his team, with reviewers stating their vision is now excellent after the procedure. A few reviewers were nervous at first, but Dr. Whitten was professional, courteous, and talked them through the entire process. The staff is friendly, the procedure is quick, and patients are pleased with the outcome, calling it the "best money I've ever spent."
- Excellent results with long-term vision - A PGA tour caddie had Lasik here 25 years ago and is still experiencing excellent vision to date.
- Professional staff and doctor - Many reviews mention the great bedside manner and professionalism of Dr. Whitten and his team.
- Quick and painless procedure - Numerous reviews state that the surgery was quick, painless, and with almost no side effects, leading to a nearly immediate improvement in vision.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article