Best LASIK Surgeon In Arlington, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 154 LASIK Surgeons in Arlington, VA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 10422 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Arlington.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8614 Westwood Center Dr Suite 650, Vienna, VA 22182
Patients highly recommend the Lasik Vision Institute for their lasik surgery needs. The staff and doctors are friendly, professional, and informative. Patients feel at ease throughout the process and are impressed with the quick and easy procedure. Many patients report life-changing results, with vision often even better than 20/20. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Highly informative and courteous staff that take the time to answer all questions and make patients comfortable throughout the process.
- Many patients report life-changing results with vision significantly better than 20/20, with some able to see better than 20/15.
- The procedure is quick, painless, and recovery is generally smooth, with many patients able to return to normal activities the next day. Many patients highlight the professionalism of the doctors and staff and their attention to detail and clear communication throughout the process.
8280 Greensboro Dr Suite 110, McLean, VA 22102
Patients have reported positive experiences with LasikPlus and specifically with Dr. Wills. Reviews praise the simple and easy procedure, helpful staff, and the professionalism of the doctor. Many customers are seeing 20/20 vision or better after the surgery. Some patients have experienced minor issues such as nighttime vision or payment problems but overall recommend LasikPlus.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeons, with over 110,000 procedures performed
- Friendly and helpful staff, providing thorough examinations and answering all patient questions
- Quick and smooth procedure, with many patients experiencing improved vision within just one day
Eye Doctors of Washington
1016 16th Street NW Lower Level 100, Washington, DC 20036
The Eye Doctors of Washington lasik surgeon practice is highly regarded by its patients, with many praising the professional and friendly staff, efficient and well-run operation, and the expertise and skill of the surgeons. Some negative comments focused on reception staff not being friendly, long wait times, and issues with specific doctors not communicating well or being disinterested in patients' medical histories. Overall, however, the practice is recommended for anyone considering lasik surgery or other eye care needs.
- The Eye Doctors of Washington have highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors, nurses, and staff who provide excellent care to patients.
- The Eye Doctors of Washington use state-of-the-art equipment to check and analyze the patients' eyes, providing an in-depth perspective of eye care issues and personalized treatment plans.
- The Eye Doctors of Washington have offered patients a life-changing experience with the EVO ICL and LASIK surgeries, allowing them to lead a contact-free lifestyle, which has greatly improved their quality of life.
Eye Doctors of Washington
2 Wisconsin Cir #230, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Patients have given positive reviews about the Eye Doctors of Washington's efficient and friendly staff, excellent service, exceptional doctors who explain things clearly and provide patient-centered care, and outstanding LASIK surgery results performed by competent and friendly surgeons. Patients also appreciate the thorough eye exams and the helpful and sympathetic staff who are knowledgeable and professional. However, some negative reviews warn of unprofessional behavior and lack of empathy from some doctors and assistants, as well as poor responsiveness to patient needs.
- Exceptional patient-centered care provided by Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Mary Catherine Fisher
- Efficient and friendly service provided by the courteous staff
- Competent and knowledgeable physicians such as Dr. Schor, Dr. Kim and Dr. Deepika Shah, who explain conditions and procedures clearly and with patience
Eye Doctors of Washington
8230 Boone Blvd STE 125, Vienna, VA 22182
The Eye Doctors of Washington lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with patients praising the professionalism and knowledge of the staff, including Dr. Mantravadi, Dr. Mayer, and Dr. Nguyen. Many reviews also mention the practice's efficiency and timeliness, with some patients receiving treatment quickly after experiencing vision concerns. Patients recommend the practice for their courteous staff, expert medical care, and ability to explain procedures and options in detail. However, a few negative reviews mention issues with administrative procedures, billing, or poor experiences with specific staff members, but these appear to be minor issues that do not detract from the overall positive impression of the practice.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
- Timely and efficient appointments
- Compassionate and caring doctors
TLC Laser Eye Centers
7930 Jones Branch Dr Suite 250, McLean, VA 22102
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with patients praising the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, the quick and easy procedure, and the high-quality results. Many patients specifically mentioned Dr. Neil Wills as an amazing surgeon who made them feel comfortable throughout the entire process. There were a few negative reviews regarding complications or issues with follow-up appointments, but the majority of patients highly recommend TLC Laser Eye Centers.
- Great service, friendly and professional staff that make patients feel comfortable from start to finish.
- Dr. Wills is highly recommended and amazing, explains the process thoroughly, walks patients through everything they need to know, and follows up with them even after the procedure.
- Quick and painless experience with excellent results; patients are seeing 20/20 or 20/15 vision the next day, able to read the distance board letters, and can finally see clearly without glasses or contacts. Also, TLC offers good value for the service, with the best pricing for the procedure in some locations.
Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons
5454 Wisconsin Ave Ste 950, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
The reviews speak highly of the Washington Eye Physicians and Surgeons, particularly Dr. Ken Swartz, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Weiss, Dr. Martin, Dr. Macedo, and Dr. Adi. Patients appreciated their thoroughness, professionalism, warmth, and expertise. A majority of patients recommend the practice for lasik surgery, cataract treatment, and general eye care. The staff, facility, and follow-up care also received positive feedback.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors with excellent bedside manners and professionalism.
- Thorough and efficient diagnostic exams for various eye conditions, including glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Excellent care and successful outcomes for complicated eye surgeries, including LASIK, monovision surgeries, and cataract removal with lens replacement.
Silk Vision & Surgical Center
3301 Woodburn Rd #308, Annandale, VA 22003
Dr. Silk and his team are highly recommended for Lasik surgeries as they provide excellent care, support, and use the latest technology. Patients have had successful cataract surgeries and have regained perfect eyesight. The team is described as friendly, professional, and efficient. Overall, the reviews suggest that Dr. Silk is a skilled and caring surgeon, whose vision center provides quality care for various eye issues.
- Dr. Silk and his staff provide exceptional care and use up-to-date technology.
- Patients feel comfortable and confident with Dr. Silk as a surgeon and his staff as a support team.
- The office is clean and the staff is friendly and professional, providing quality care and service.
Eye Doctors of Washington
Plaza North, 4600 N Park Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Dr. Vicente and Dr. Wong at Eye Doctors of Washington have a great reputation for their exceptional care in pediatric ophthalmology. Patients have raved about the doctors' extensive knowledge, patient bedside manner, and clear explanations of diagnoses and treatment options. The staff is friendly, helpful, and great with children, and the office is clean and efficient. A small minority of reviews mentioned issues with billing or scheduling policies. Overall, Eye Doctors of Washington is highly recommended for anyone seeking exceptional eye care for themselves or their children.
- Dr. Vicente is excellent with children and has a great bedside manner.
- The practice has a knowledgeable and professional staff.
- The doctors are thorough and provide clear explanations for their diagnoses and treatments.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article