Best Eye Doctors In Roanoke, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Roanoke Optometrists in Roanoke, Roanoke, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Roanoke reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Roanoke.
Kartesz Eye Care
4922 Valley View Blvd NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
The Electric Road location provided poor service and an incorrect prescription according to the first review. The second review highlights the professional and comprehensive experience at Kartesz Eye Care, from scheduling to the exam and ordering glasses. The other reviews praise the friendly staff, efficient service, and thorough eye exams at Kartesz.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that their eye exams at this location were thorough and efficient, with some even mentioning being in and out of the appointment in as little as 30 minutes.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers complimented the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center, appreciating their helpfulness and patience.
- Personalized and informative service: Some reviewers mentioned that the doctors took the time to listen to their concerns and explain the eye exam process, making them feel informed and well taken care of during their appointments.
Kartesz Family Eye Care
3260 Electric Rd Ste 505, Roanoke, VA 24018
Kartesz Family Eye Care earns glowing reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and high-quality eye doctors. Customers rave about the beautiful office and impressive selection of eye frames. Some concerns mentioned include insurance information and appointment wait times. Despite these few issues, most customers enthusiastically recommend Kartesz for examinations and eyewear.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Kartesz Family Eye Care, praising their patience, professionalism, and willingness to answer questions. Customers felt well taken care of and appreciated the team that genuinely cared about their clients.
- Thorough and in-depth eye exams: Several reviews mentioned the thoroughness of the eye exams at Kartesz Family Eye Care. Customers were impressed with the comprehensive testing done on their eyes and appreciated that the results were explained clearly. The eye doctors were knowledgeable, took their time during the exams, and ensured a complete understanding of the results.
- Convenient appointment scheduling and efficient service: Reviewers appreciated the ease of scheduling appointments at Kartesz Family Eye Care and mentioned short wait times. The office was described as punctual, efficient, and professional, leading to a positive overall experience.
4822C Valley View Blvd NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
This eye care center is known for its excellent customer service. The helpful and knowledgeable staff, including Lindsay, Eva, Elizabeth, Andres, Kevin, and Carey, provide professional care in a clean, modern facility. Patients consistently note the accommodating, efficient service.
- Fast and efficient service - Multiple reviews mention the fast and efficient service at this eye care center. Customers were able to get their glasses the same day as their eye exams, and the staff went above and beyond to satisfy their needs.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff - The staff at this location is highly praised for their knowledge and helpfulness. They were patient in assisting customers in picking out the right frames and lenses, and offered detailed explanations and recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and experience - Customers consistently mention the excellent customer service and overall positive experience they had at this eye care center. They felt comfortable, valued, and well taken care of by the staff.
National Eyecare Associates
4822C Valley View Blvd NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
The eye care center was praised for its friendly, helpful staff and thorough, knowledgeable eye exams. Customers appreciated the convenience of virtual exams and the clinic’s attentive, personalized care. However, some experienced unexpected charges or delays receiving contacts. Still, most customers highly recommend this clinic for its excellent service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, kind, and helpful. They make patients feel comfortable and listened to during their appointment.
- Thorough and knowledgeable exams: Many reviewers state that they had thorough eye exams and felt that their concerns were taken seriously and addressed. The staff, including the optometrist, were knowledgeable and spent time helping patients find suitable contacts or addressing their specific needs.
- Tele eye appointments: Some reviews mentioned positive experiences with tele eye appointments, where initial tests and scans were done by a staff member, and then the optometrist joined remotely to guide the patient through corrections and answer questions. This virtual experience was described as informative and comfortable.
Bradley Free Clinic
1240 3rd St SW, Roanoke, VA 24016
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its friendly and professional staff, clean facilities, and expanded behavioral health services. Patients describe the doctors and technicians as caring, helpful and professional.
- Friendly and Caring Staff: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional and friendly staff who treat patients with kindness and respect. They go above and beyond to help and make patients feel comfortable.
- Comprehensive Services: The clinic offers a range of services including medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health. Reviewers appreciate the variety of services available under one roof.
- Clean and Safe Environment: The clinic is praised for its cleanliness and adherence to COVID-19 precautions. Reviewers mention that the office is clean, staff are masked, and proper safety measures are taken.
4750 Valley View Blvd NW Ste 40, Roanoke, VA 24012
Customers consistently comment on the polite, helpful staff at Pearle Vision, with Sasha, Renee, Sandy Fox, Katherine, and Diane receiving recognition for their professionalism and expertise. Employees take time to aid customers in selecting frames and achieving proper fit. Customers appreciate the friendly, welcoming atmosphere and excellent customer service.
- Polite and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, polite, and helpful. They take the time to assist customers in finding the right frames and explain the details of the purchase.
- Knowledgeable and professional service: Reviewers appreciate the knowledgeable and professional service provided by the staff at this eye care center. They are described as being courteous, patient, and able to assist in choosing the right glasses for everyday wear.
- Excellent customer care: Many reviewers emphasize the exceptional customer care they received at this eye care center. They mention specific staff members by name who went above and beyond to assist them, provide a great experience, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Dr David Armstrong, Low Vision Optometrist, Roanoke, VA
3904 Franklin Rd SW Suite A, Roanoke, VA 24014
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, wide selection of eyewear, and affordable prices. While a few customers note areas for improvement, most describe a highly satisfactory experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are knowledgeable and friendly. This is important as it creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients during their eye exams and overall eye care experience.
- Comprehensive services: Several reviews praised the eye care center for its wide range of services. From thorough eye exams to fitting contact lenses, this location seems to offer a comprehensive range of eye care services, catering to different needs of its patients. This can be beneficial as patients won't have to go to multiple places for their eye care needs.
Vistar Eye Center
2154 McVitty Rd SW, Roanoke, VA 24018
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff who take time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable. A few negative reviews cite issues with communication and longer than expected wait times.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and caring doctors
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Option for local anesthesia and sedative during procedures
Southwest Virginia Eye Center
3090 Electric Rd # B, Roanoke, VA 24018
Dr. Till provides quality eye care with modern technology at the Southwest Virginia Eye Center. His expertise in procedures like cataract surgery earns positive reviews for significantly improving patients’ vision. Patients appreciate his and his staff’s professionalism and attentive care.
- Dr. Till and his staff provide exceptional care and professionalism, always addressing patients' questions and concerns.
- The practice is equipped with the latest technology and offers up-to-date analysis for accurate eye exams.
- Dr. Till is highly skilled and experienced in cataract surgeries, providing pain-free procedures with excellent outcomes.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
4807 Valley View Blvd NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
Customers speak positively of the friendly, knowledgeable staff at the Walmart Roanoke VA Valley View eye care center. Staff members Sylvia, Elisa, Kylie and Vanessa provide excellent customer service, assist with frame selection and adjustments, and offer discounts or vouchers when appropriate.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - Multiple reviews mention the staff being helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable in assisting with frame selection, adjustments, and eye exams.
- No charge for adjustments - One review specifically mentions that there is no charge for frame adjustments, indicating a customer-friendly policy.
- Good pricing and quick delivery - A review highlights that the staff at this eye care center provided good pricing and ensured quick delivery of new lenses and frames.
Magnolia Eye Center
3800 Electric Rd #101, Cave Spring, VA 24018
Magnolia Eye Center patients describe friendly, professional staff who thoroughly explain eye exam procedures and provide attentive care. Patients praise the expertise of Dr. Bradley and the beautiful office setting.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and kind nature of the staff at Magnolia Eye Center. They felt well-treated and appreciated the level of customer service provided.
- Knowledgeable and skilled doctor: Patients were pleased with the expertise and professionalism of Dr. Bradley. He was able to address their concerns and provide thorough explanations during the eye exams.
- Modern and pleasant office environment: The office setting at Magnolia Eye Center was described as beautiful and luxurious. Reviewers specifically mentioned the luxurious dilation room as a favorite aspect of the office.
- Excellent communication and explanation: Patients appreciated the staff's diligence in explaining the testing procedures and what to expect during their eye exams. They felt well-informed and at ease throughout their visits.
Vistar Eye Center
3320 Franklin Rd SW, Roanoke, VA 24014
Dr. Tims receives mostly positive feedback for professional eye care, though some mention scheduling and front desk challenges. Overall, Dr. Tims comes recommended for a thorough, quality eye exam.
- The doctors at this eye care center are skilled and gentle, providing quality eye care and performing procedures well.
- The staff members are professional and knowledgeable, explaining things in a way that is easy to understand and answering any questions.
Karl C Saliba OD
2222 Electric Rd SW #201, Roanoke, VA 24018
Dr. Saliba received positive reviews for his professional, thorough eye exams. Patients remarked on his knowledge, care, and dedication. His friendly, helpful staff also earned praise. Overall, reviewers were highly satisfied and recommend Dr. Saliba.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that Dr. Saliba provides thorough and careful eye exams, and is observant in addressing any issues or concerns they may have had.
- Knowledgeable and professional: Dr. Saliba is highly praised for his experience, professionalism, and dedication to providing high-quality eye care.
- Friendly and patient-focused staff: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center, including Dr. Saliba's secretary, were friendly, patient, and provided great customer service.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Virginia in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Virginia.
- The The percentage of people in Virginia that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.46%. and In Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.61%) compared to the overall population (4.36%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.25%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Virginia
- In Virginia, 4.36% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Virginia face even higher rates at 7.24%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Virginia.
- 8.82% of those with diabetes and 7.61% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 72.88% of children in Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.75% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.36% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.