Best Eye Doctors In North Chesterfield, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed North Chesterfield Optometrists in North Chesterfield, North Chesterfield, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze North Chesterfield reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in North Chesterfield.
Grove Eye Care -Midlothian
14431 Sommerville Ct UNIT B, Midlothian, VA 23113
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly, knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and assistance choosing eyewear. A minority of reviews cite concerns like broken frames, high prices, and occasional lack of empathy. Overall, customers recommend the center for thorough exams and good service.
- The staff for eye exams are wonderful to work with and the doctors are on time and very thorough.
- The optometrists at this location are knowledgeable, personable, and explain everything during the eye examination.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and helpful throughout the entire process of appointments, exams, and frame selection.
11413B Midlothian Turnpike Ste 101, North Chesterfield, VA 23235
Eyemart Express customers appreciated the fast, efficient service and friendly staff. They were satisfied with the frame selection and prices. Glasses were often ready quickly. Overall customer service was rated highly.
- Same-day glasses: Eyemart Express offers fast service and can make glasses in less than an hour, allowing customers to get their glasses quickly.
- Affordable prices: Customers have found Eyemart Express to offer lower prices compared to other eye care centers, making it an attractive option for those looking for budget-friendly options.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many customers have praised the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Eyemart Express, mentioning that they were patient, provided helpful explanations, and made the whole process easy and enjoyable.
Nilsen Eye Care
601 N Courthouse Rd, Richmond, VA 23236
Nilsen Eye Care is highly recommended for their friendly, thorough doctors and polite, helpful staff. Patients appreciate the doctors’ excellent chairside manner during comprehensive eye exams. Many express satisfaction with the overall experience.
- The doctors at Nilsen Eye Care, specifically Dr. Stacy and Dr. Nilsen, are highly praised for their knowledge and thoroughness in conducting eye exams.
- The staff members, including David, Baylea, Kelly, Alyssa, and more, are friendly, helpful, and provide excellent customer service throughout the entire eye care process.
- Patients appreciate the practice's professionalism, cleanliness, and attention to safety measures, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Robert Bastaich & Associates
11500 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235
Dr. Bastaich’s eye care center received mostly positive reviews for his professionalism and thorough exams, though some patients reported long waits, unhelpful staff, and issues getting contacts. While eye exams were satisfactory, reviewers voiced concerns about office cleanliness and customer service.
- Dr. Bastaich provides excellent service and does a thorough and informative eye exam.
- The staff at Dr. Robert Bastaich & Associates are friendly, accommodating, and professional.
Dominion Eye Associates of Chesterfield
2385 Colony Crossing Pl, Midlothian, VA 23112
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff and doctors. Patients remark on the thorough eye exams and clear explanations from doctors. Drs. Medina and Deasy are called out for their excellence and compassion.
- Friendly and professional staff that genuinely cares about patients' health and progress.
- Thorough examination and explanation of findings by the doctors, providing a positive and friendly attitude.
- Efficient appointment process with little to no waiting time for some patients, despite being understaffed.
The Eye Place Optometry, PC
1601 Huguenot Rd, Midlothian, VA 23113
The eye care center received glowing reviews for their professional, thorough, and personable staff. Patients mentioned excellent care from technicians like Yani and doctors like Spittle. A few reviewers noted issues with billing clarity and insurance assistance. Overall, the center comes highly recommended for exceptional service.
- The staff at The Eye Place is consistently mentioned as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate their professionalism and personal touch during eye exams and in assisting with selecting glasses and contacts.
- The eye exams at The Eye Place are thorough and comprehensive, with doctors who take the time to listen to patients' concerns and provide direct opinions and recommendations. Patients feel confident in the quality of care they receive and wouldn't go anywhere else.
- The Eye Place is praised for its efficient and timely service, with minimal waiting times for appointments. Patients appreciate the professionalism and politeness of the technicians and doctors, making their overall experience positive and pleasant.
Solomon Eye Associates
13156 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23113
Solomon Eye Associates receives mostly positive feedback for professional, thorough exams and friendly, helpful staff. Dr. Solomon takes time to explain results and address concerns. However, one negative review alleges unethical practices and discrimination.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, welcoming, and professional, creating a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the doctors' ability to explain the results and address any concerns in understandable terms.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Multiple reviewers mention that they appreciate the promptness of appointments, with minimal waiting times and quick completion of the eye exams.
9200 Stony Point Pkwy, Richmond, VA 23235
LensCrafters at Stony Point is a popular choice for glasses, with customers highlighting the friendly, knowledgeable staff. Karen and Nyota receive consistent praise for their helpfulness and excellent service. The neighboring optometrist provides convenient eye exams. One negative review mentioned a missed appointment, but overall LensCrafters offers quality eyewear, professionalism, and a positive experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed during their visit.
- Wide selection of frames: Many customers highlight the large designer selection of frames available at this location, allowing them to find the perfect style for their eyeglasses.
- Excellent customer service: The overall customer service experience at this eye care center is highly praised, with staff going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. They take the time to understand individual needs, provide valuable advice, and offer personalized recommendations for frame styles and lens options.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
11134 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235
This eye care center received positive feedback for its friendly and professional staff, quick and thorough eye exams, and assistance with frames and repairs. There was an isolated incident involving an incorrect order and delayed refund that garnered negative feedback. Overall, customers recommend this new location for its welcoming atmosphere and outstanding service.
- Quick, easy, and professional eye exams with a fun and welcoming atmosphere.
- Super professional and friendly staff who provide thorough eye exams without making customers wait all day.
- Helpful and patient employees who provide great customer service, fix glasses, and work well with insurance.
Weaver Eyecare, PLLC
11413 Midlothian Turnpike #102, Richmond, VA 23235
Dr. Weaver is lauded for her thorough eye exams, professional demeanor, and compassion. She thoughtfully considers various options to provide quality vision care, leading many patients to recommend her. However, one patient was disappointed with her impersonal manner and disagreed over a prescription, ultimately seeking a second opinion. Still, most describe Dr. Weaver and her team as friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable, resulting in a positive experience.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers praise Dr. Weaver for her thoroughness and professional demeanor during eye exams, highlighting her commitment to providing the best eye care possible.
- Personalized service and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and informative office staff, who make them feel like they are talking with friends and family. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure that patients have the best vision possible.
Colonial River Eye Care
13445 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23113
Dr. Jung provides personalized, thorough eye care with clear explanations at Colonial River Eye Care, according to multiple pleased reviewers. Patients report quality time with Dr. Jung and an expert staff in a professional office environment.
- Dr. Jung provides thorough and detailed explanations during eye exams, making sure patients understand each step and their eye health.
- The care provided at this eye care center is personalized and focused on education rather than pushy sales tactics.
- Dr. Jung shows images of the inside of patients' eyes and explains their eye health, fostering confidence in his expertise.
Virginia Pediatric Ophthalmology Specialists
8720 Stony Point Pkwy #135, Richmond, VA 23235
The first review expresses dissatisfaction with unexpected charges and unclear billing. The second criticizes unprofessional, discourteous front desk staff. The third reports receiving an incorrect child’s prescription and encountering impolite employees.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Thorough and competent doctors: Many reviewers mentioned that the doctors at the eye care center, such as Dr. Doerr and Dr. Wortham, were experienced, thorough, and provided quality care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center, excluding a few exceptions, were friendly, polite, and provided good customer service. They greeted patients warmly and made them feel comfortable.
- Efficient and organized: Some reviewers appreciated the efficiency and organization of the eye care center. They mentioned that appointments were seen at the scheduled time, paperwork was handled seamlessly, and communication, especially regarding COVID-related protocols, was clear.
- Please note that these pros are based on the given reviews and may not reflect the overall experience at the eye care center.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Virginia in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Virginia.
- The The percentage of people in Virginia that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.46%. and In Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.61%) compared to the overall population (4.36%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.25%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Virginia
- In Virginia, 4.36% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Virginia face even higher rates at 7.24%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Virginia.
- 8.82% of those with diabetes and 7.61% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 72.88% of children in Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.75% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.36% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.