Best Eye Doctors In Gloucester, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Gloucester Optometrists in Gloucester, Gloucester, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Gloucester reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Gloucester.
6819 Waltons Ln, Gloucester, VA 23061
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its clean facility and friendly staff. However, some reviews cite issues with long wait times, unavailable products, and discourteous employees, so visiting during slower hours may provide a better experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean and well-stocked store
- Quick and efficient service at the pharmacy
Williamsburg Eye Care Drs. Lundberg, Lodwick & Ambrose, Optometrists
101 Bulifants Blvd STE A, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Williamsburg Eye Care is lauded for their professional, knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff. While some patients report prescription and administrative issues, most reviewers enthusiastically recommend this practice for personalized, quality eye care.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Williamsburg Eye Care as being professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about eye care and issues. Patients have had positive experiences with both the doctors and the technicians.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at Williamsburg Eye Care. Patients feel that the doctors take the time to address their concerns and explain each procedure. Modern equipment is utilized for a complete exam, including specialized diabetic eye exams.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently praise the customer service provided by the staff at Williamsburg Eye Care. The front desk staff is described as pleasant and helpful, while the technicians and doctors are attentive, patient, and understanding. The staff takes the time to explain all costs and services, making patients feel valued and important.
Mid-Atlantic Eyecare (Advanced Vision Institute)
5215 Monticello Ave Suite A, Williamsburg, VA 23188
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its friendly, professional staff and thorough, gentle eye exams by knowledgeable doctors. Patients praise the clean, organized office and efficient, informative support staff. Advanced equipment eliminating pupil dilation is appreciated. Same-day emergency appointments and an accommodating front desk also earn praise. Patients feel comfortable, informed, and satisfied.
- Friendly and professional staff who explain each procedure and make patients feel comfortable during eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams with the use of the latest equipment for precise retinal imaging and eye pressure testing.
Eye Center Of Virginia
101 Tewning Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Patients recommend this eye care center for thorough, comprehensive exams and friendly, professional service from Drs. Schultz and Bittar. While some mention long waits and issues with the patient advocate, the majority praise the knowledgeable, helpful staff.
- Friendly and professional doctors: Both Dr. Schultz and Dr. Bittar are highly praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and genuine concern for patients' eye health.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exams they received at this center were the most thorough and comprehensive they have ever had. This indicates that the doctors are dedicated to providing a comprehensive assessment of patients' eye health.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff, including the receptionists, technicians, and frame selection assistants, are described as knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. This creates a positive and supportive environment for patients.
Wilcox Eye Center
2652 George Washington Memorial Hwy # 1, Hayes, VA 23072
Overall, most reviews applaud Wilcox Eye Center’s welcoming staff, clean facilities, and Dr. Wilcox’s attentive care. However, a few criticize inappropriate remarks and abuse. Some praise the doctor’s extensive knowledge, thorough exams, and holistic offerings.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and welcoming staff at Wilcox Eye Center. The front desk staff and the assistants are praised for their professionalism and personable nature, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye care: Dr. Wilcox is highly regarded for his expertise and thoroughness in eye care. Patients appreciate his ability to explain results in an understandable manner and his attention to detail during the examination process. Many reviewers mention feeling confident in the care they receive and appreciate the holistic options offered.
- Great patient experience: Multiple reviews highlight the positive experience patients had during their eye exams. The humorous and personable nature of Dr. Wilcox is mentioned as a standout factor that made the visit enjoyable. Patients feel comfortable and at ease, and some even mention laughing throughout the appointment.
Colonial Eye Care, Williamsburg VA
5273 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg, VA 23185
The Williamsburg eye care center is consistently lauded for its comprehensive eye exams performed by knowledgeable, approachable doctors. Patients describe an appreciative staff delivering professional, attentive care. Many patients strongly recommend this center for meeting eye care needs.
- Thorough and accurate eye exams: Multiple reviews state that the eye exams conducted at the center are thorough, accurate, and detailed. Patients appreciate the doctors taking the time to explain the findings and answer any questions.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers mention the staff being knowledgeable, friendly, and caring. Patients feel comfortable and well-cared for throughout the entire process, from check-in to choosing eyewear.
- Excellent care for children: Parents appreciate the center's ability to provide great eye care for children. The staff is patient and kind with young patients, ensuring a positive experience even for children with special needs.
Eye 2 Eye Vision Center
1147 Professional Dr Ste A, Williamsburg, VA 23185
Customers consistently mention the professionalism and caring approach of this eye care center’s team. Monica’s phone assistance, Heidi’s precise exams, and Dr. Gada’s personalized care receive positive feedback. Patients appreciate the modern technology and clean office. Reviews strongly recommend this eye care center for its outstanding service.
- Professional and Caring Staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as polite, helpful, proficient, accurate, and caring. They take the time to answer questions and provide personalized assistance, making patients feel well taken care of.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: The eye care center is commended for using up-to-date technology during eye exams, resulting in quick and accurate results. Patients appreciate the impressive use of technologies to improve their exam experience.
- Dependable and Accommodating: Patients find the office and staff to be dependable, accommodating, and friendly. The office is described as clean, and the equipment is up to date. The staff takes the time to understand patients' needs and provide clear explanations and recommendations.
Tonya D. Long & Associates OD, PC
12300 Jefferson Ave Suite 904, Newport News, VA 23602
Dr. Long’s eye care center receives excellent reviews. Patients appreciate Dr. Long’s thorough exams and clear explanations. Her friendly, professional staff also draw high marks. Many satisfied customers plan to return annually.
- Friendly and professional staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and professional staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcome during their eye exams.
- Thorough and detailed explanations: Many reviewers highlight how the optometrist, Dr. Long, takes the time to explain the results of the eye exam and answer any questions. Patients appreciate the detailed explanations, including the use of visual aids, that help them understand their eye health better.
Eastern Eye Associates
1322 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185
Eastern Eye Associates garnered positive feedback for their congenial, well-informed personnel, meticulous eye examinations, and enjoyable visits. Patients particularly commended doctors Gemma Meadows and Marni Robins for their professional and educational approach. While support staff helpfulness and professionalism also earned praise, one reviewer cited insufficient communication and patience from a front desk employee. In general, Eastern Eye Associates comes highly recommended for comprehensive eye care and examinations.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The technicians and doctors at Eastern Eye Associates were highly praised for their knowledge, efficiency, and professionalism. Patients felt that they received thorough and comprehensive eye exams.
- Friendly and welcoming environment: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at Eastern Eye Associates. The staff made them feel comfortable and took the time to explain procedures and answer questions, especially for first-time patients and children.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams at Eastern Eye Associates. The doctors took the time to explain their findings and address any concerns, ensuring a satisfying visit and better understanding of their eye health.
4630 Monticello Ave, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Waldron Eyecare receives mostly glowing reviews. Patients commend Dr. Waldron as attentive, professional, thorough and knowledgeable. His friendly, caring staff keeps the office efficient and clean, even during the pandemic. A few criticisms involve extra dilation fees and potentially long waits for early arrivals. However, most reviewers highly recommend Waldron Eyecare for comprehensive, quality eye care.
- Dr. Waldron is attentive, professional, and thorough in her exams, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- The staff is warm, caring, and friendly, providing a welcoming and safe environment.
- The office has state-of-the-art equipment and takes necessary precautions during the pandemic to ensure patient safety.
Virginia Eye Consultants
2234 Cunningham Dr, Hampton, VA 23666
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients describe the doctors as professional, thorough, and friendly. Some mention longer wait times, but the quality of care outweighs this. The helpful, customer-service focused staff also earns praise.
- The doctors at this eye care center, such as Dr. Roh, are highly praised for their professionalism and thoroughness during eye exams.
- The staff at the center is friendly and helpful, providing great customer service.
- Despite some wait times being mentioned, many patients feel that the quality of care they receive at this eye care center is well worth any inconvenience.
Cullom & Farah Eye & Laser Center
120 Kings Way # 1300, Williamsburg, VA 23185
The Cullom & Farah Eye and Laser Center is well-reviewed for its professional, caring doctors and quality eye care, though one patient did note longer than expected wait times.
- Professional and well-trained clinicians who are both professional and caring.
- Excellent patient care and follow-up, especially for cataract surgery.
- Efficient and courteous staff, with minimal wait times and personalized attention from the doctors.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Virginia in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Virginia.
- The The percentage of people in Virginia that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.46%. and In Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.61%) compared to the overall population (4.36%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.25%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Virginia
- In Virginia, 4.36% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Virginia face even higher rates at 7.24%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Virginia.
- 8.82% of those with diabetes and 7.61% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 72.88% of children in Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.75% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.36% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.