Best Eye Doctors In Chester, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Chester Optometrists in Chester, Chester, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Chester reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Chester.
Chesterfield Optometric Center
9440 Iron Bridge Rd, Chesterfield, VA 23832
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff, speedy service, and comprehensive eye exams. Patients compliment specific doctors for their expertise and caring approach. A few customers had issues with billing surprises and unexpected charges.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They make patients feel comfortable and go out of their way to provide a positive experience, especially for children and individuals with special needs.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers were impressed with the thoroughness and efficiency of their eye exams. They mentioned that the doctors used sophisticated eye technology to ensure a comprehensive examination. Additionally, the wait times were minimal, and the entire process was quick and convenient.
- Accepts insurance and works with patients: Many reviewers appreciated that this eye care center accepts insurance and works with patients to ensure a smooth process. They handle paperwork and insurance claims efficiently, helping patients make the most of their benefits.
1078 Temple Ave, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Patients consistently commend this eye care center for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and affordable prices. Many highlight the quick turnaround time for eye exams and glasses. The selection of frames and effectiveness of exams in improving vision are also praised. Some appreciate the convenience of quick glasses turnaround, while others value the staff’s assistance in choosing frames. This eye care center comes highly recommended for excellent service and quality.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Quick and efficient eye exam process
- Affordable prices for both glasses and eye exams
- Wide selection of glasses
- Fast turnaround time for glasses, some ready in as little as 23 minutes
- Excellent customer service with helpful and patient staff
- Accepts insurance and offers affordable protection plan
- Offers free cleaning solution refills for glasses
- Provides clear and lightweight glasses
- Fast service, glasses ready in as little as 20 minutes
- Accepts Medicaid and offers free second pair with Medicaid coverage
- Pleasant and dedicated staff
- Quick service for children's glasses
- Amazing and attentive service
- Great atmosphere and educated staff
Swift Creek Eye Center
13841 Hull Street Rd N, Midlothian, VA 23112
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for their friendly, professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, inviting facilities, knowledgeable and patient doctors, and quality eyewear. Drs. Kiraly-Qualls and McGarry come highly recommended.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews highlight the kindness and professionalism of the staff members, demonstrating a positive and welcoming environment for eye care.
- Thorough eye exams and explanations: Patients appreciate the doctors' thoroughness in conducting eye exams and taking the time to explain the process and results. This ensures a comprehensive understanding of eye health.
- Wide selection of glasses: The optical shop provides a variety of frames and fashion-forward looks, making it exciting for patients to choose new frames that fit their personal style.
Midlothian Eye Care
6019 Harbour Park Dr, Midlothian, VA 23112
Patients consistently compliment Midlothian Eye Care’s friendly staff, informative exams, modern tools, and comfortable office. Dr. Parker earns high marks for her expertise. The convenient location and helpful front desk employees also draw praise. Patients recommend Midlothian for quality eye care.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough and comprehensive. Patients appreciated the detailed explanations provided by the doctors during the exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews highlighted the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, including the receptionists and technicians. Patients felt welcomed and well taken care of throughout their visit.
- Convenient location and modern facilities: The location of the eye care center was praised for being convenient with ample parking. The office was described as clean and charming, with modern and updated equipment that made for a fast and comfortable eye exam.
Comprehensive Eyecare of Virginia
1078 Temple Ave Suite B, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
The eye care center was highly rated for its fast, easy exams and efficient service. Customers appreciated the thorough eye exams and quick glasses turnaround. Knowledgeable, friendly staff excelled in customer service and insurance expertise. Overall, customers strongly recommended this professional, excellent eye care center.
- Easy eye exam process. At this time, they are by appointment only but their services are fast and efficient.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams.
Monument Family Eye Care
13630 Hull Street Rd N, Midlothian, VA 23112
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff and patient doctors who take time to answer questions. While some patients found prices high, causing them to go elsewhere, many still highly recommend this practice for its professional and comfortable eye exam experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly, welcoming, and professional. They create a positive and comfortable environment for patients during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the knowledge of the doctors at this location. They take the time to answer questions and explain everything during the examination process.
- Convenient appointments and efficient service: Several reviews mention that it was easy to get an appointment at this eye care center. Patients also appreciate the short wait times and efficient service they received during their visit.
Virginia Eye Institute – Puddledock Medical Center
2015 Waterside Rd, Prince George, VA 23875
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff who make patients feel valued. Patients recommend the knowledgeable, thorough doctors who conduct careful exams and offer reassurance. Many praise the center’s attentive, efficient service, short wait times and quality care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, attentive, and made patients feel welcome.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness and expertise of the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center.
- Efficient and short wait times: Many reviewers commented on the short wait times, both in the lobby and exam rooms, indicating that the center is efficient in getting patients in and out quickly.
Family Vision Care
798 Southpark Blvd #24, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Dr. Jessica Nisewonger provides quality eye care at Family Vision Care, according to patient reviews. Her expertise, thorough exams, and attentiveness to patients’ needs are appreciated. The friendly, welcoming staff creates a comfortable experience. The office receives praise for cleanliness and safety during the pandemic. Patients highly recommend Family Vision Care for eye exams and care.
- Amazing and personalized eye exam experience with Dr. Jessica Nisewonger.
- Friendly and personable staff who make patients feel at home and comfortable.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye doctors who take the time to explain findings and ensure patients understand their eye health.
Douglas & Leisner Optometry
4705 Buckingham Ct, Chester, VA 23831
Douglas & Leisner Optometry provides excellent customer service and thorough eye exams, according to patient reviews. The office’s warm, inviting atmosphere and personalized care are appreciated. Dr. Leisner earns particular praise for his kindness, professionalism, and attentiveness. This highly recommended eye care center suits those seeking an optometrist or annual exam.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is warm, welcoming, and friendly. They make the experience enjoyable and go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable.
- Thorough and caring doctors: Both Dr. Leisner and Dr. Douglas are praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and caring nature. They take the time to explain everything thoroughly and listen to their patients' concerns.
- Excellent customer service: The office provides excellent customer service, with staff members who are described as kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. They assist patients in choosing frames and contacts and provide informative guidance throughout the eye examination process.
Dominion Eye Associates
2801 Boulevard C, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Dominion Eye Associates receives largely positive feedback for their friendly staff, excellent customer service, and knowledgeable doctors. Patients report quick, painless cataract surgeries and quality care. Long wait times are a common complaint.
- Efficient and quick cataract surgery with minimal pain.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye care doctors who explain conditions in an understandable way.
Legacy Eye Care
671 Southpark Blvd, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
The eye exams here are noted for their thoroughness. Patients describe a professional yet friendly staff who clearly explain procedures. Many satisfied customers recommend this care center.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams
- Friendly and professional staff
- Efficient and timely appointments
Ugonma Nwaohuocha, OD
671 Southpark Blvd, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
According to patients, Legacy Eye Care provides a thorough, knowledge-based exam by knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Nwaohuocha. The friendly and attentive staff help create a comfortable, well-cared for visit. Patients cite Legacy’s overall excellence, with prompt appointments in a welcoming office.
- The staff at Legacy Eye Care are described as friendly, personable, and professional, creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- The eye exams at Legacy Eye Care are consistently described as thorough, with the doctors taking their time to explain each step and answer all questions, ensuring that patients have a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Legacy Eye Care is praised for their efficient service, with minimal wait times and the ability to accommodate multiple appointments, making it a convenient choice for individuals with busy schedules or those bringing their children for eye exams.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Virginia in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Virginia.
- The The percentage of people in Virginia that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.46%. and In Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.61%) compared to the overall population (4.36%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.25%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Virginia
- In Virginia, 4.36% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Virginia face even higher rates at 7.24%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Virginia.
- 8.82% of those with diabetes and 7.61% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 72.88% of children in Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.75% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.36% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.