Best Eye Doctors In Arlington, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Arlington Optometrists in Arlington, Arlington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Arlington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Arlington.
1100 S Hayes St, Arlington, VA 22202
Most patients appreciated the staff’s friendliness, professionalism, and thorough eye exams. However, a few reported issues with wait times, disorganization, and unexpected test charges. Overall, most patients highly recommend this eye care center.
- Quick and smooth eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors
4238 Wilson Blvd Suite 1220, Arlington, VA 22203
The first review cites poor customer service regarding delayed invoices, prescriptions, and brief exams. The next two reviews applaud the doctor and staff’s prompt, attentive service, noting the doctor’s care for patients’ concerns and accommodations for disabilities. Overall feedback is mixed, with some customers dissatisfied with particular aspects of their visits and others recommending the eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the front desk staff and support staff for being friendly, polite, and patient. They found the staff to be knowledgeable, professional, and attentive to their needs.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye doctors at this location were thorough in explaining the results of the eye exams. They appreciated the doctors taking the time to educate them and address their concerns.
- Convenient location and parking: Some reviewers mentioned that the location of the eye care center was convenient, with easy parking. They appreciated the proximity to other amenities, such as a CVS pharmacy and LensCrafters, making it convenient to pick up prescriptions or shop for eyewear.
A Visual Affair
1101 S Joyce St, Arlington, VA 22202
Patients consistently commend the eye care center for professional, comprehensive exams utilizing advanced technology. Drs. Bindal and Lee’s attentive care ensures a comfortable experience.
- Friendly and courteous staff
- Thorough eye exams with state-of-the-art technology
- Wide selection of frames
Visual Health Doctors of Optometry – Arlington / Clarendon Metro
3012 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
The eye care center provides a comprehensive experience, with streamlined appointment scheduling, welcoming staff, thorough eye exams by knowledgeable doctors, and helpful guidance during frame selection from a wide selection. Patients appreciate the friendly and insightful service.
- Superb service from making an appointment to picking frames and lenses.
- Quick and thorough eye exams with explanations throughout the process.
- Friendly and helpful staff, good selection of frames, and good advice during the frame selection process.
Arlington Eye Center
1635 N George Mason Dr STE 100, Arlington, VA 22205
Dr. Patel and her staff at Arlington Eye Center were praised by patients for being friendly, thorough, professional, and instilling comfort and confidence during exams. Patients appreciated the office’s helpful and efficient staff. However, one patient felt the appointment process was unfriendly and rushed, with poor communication around eye tests.
- Friendly and skilled staff who perform thorough and comprehensive eye exams, making patients feel comfortable and confident in the quality of their eye care.
- Easy online check-in and short wait times for appointments, demonstrating efficiency and convenience for patients.
- Dr. Patel is highly recommended for her thoroughness, data-driven approach, and ability to address patient concerns. The office is clean and sanitized, providing a smooth and positive experience.
NOVA Optique + Eyecare
672 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22203
NOVA Optique + Eyecare in Arlington receives excellent reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, and top-notch customer service. Their well-appointed office offers a wide selection of frames. Patients strongly recommend this practice for all optometry needs.
- Easy online appointment booking: Multiple reviewers mentioned that it was easy to book appointments through the eye care center's website, allowing for convenient scheduling.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers consistently praised the eye care center's staff for their knowledge and professionalism during comprehensive eye exams. They mentioned that the optometrists were thorough in their assessments and provided detailed explanations of their findings.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at the eye care center for being friendly, patient, and helpful throughout the entire process. They appreciated the warm and welcoming environment created by the staff, which made them feel comfortable during their visits.
Northern Virginia Doctors of Optometry of Clarendon
2521 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
Dr. Dunn provided an outstanding exam with thorough explanations at the Eye Care Center per one review. Another patient had a positive experience at NVDO, noting their attentiveness and contact lens options. However, one patient reported difficulty obtaining pricing details from the uninformative NVDO front desk staff.
- Excellent doctors who provide thorough and complete eye exams, answering all questions and explaining everything clearly.
- Friendly and accommodating staff who make patients feel at ease, especially with children, and provide great service throughout the examination process.
- Clean and updated facilities with new equipment, offering one of the most thorough eye exams available.
4238 Wilson Blvd Space 1220, Arlington, VA 22203
This eye care center received positive reviews for its helpful, professional staff. Customers appreciated the assistant manager fixing glasses for free and the convenient location. Reviews mentioned outstanding customer service and help finding frames. Overall, most customers were satisfied with the eye doctors and exam experience.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff, mentioning specific employees who provided exceptional service and went above and beyond in assisting with frame selection, lens adjustments, and answering questions.
- Convenient location: The eye care center is located inside a mall, making it easily accessible for customers. This was mentioned as a positive aspect by one of the reviewers.
1020 S Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22204
The eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for thorough exams, helpful staff, and friendly service. Patients particularly appreciate Dr. K and the wide selection of glasses. However, one customer cited insurance issues and difficulty finding other providers. Despite the rare negative review, most recommend this exceptional, knowledgeable practice.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at SK Eyecare being friendly, professional, and providing excellent customer service. Patients feel welcomed and comfortable during their visits.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Several reviews highlight Dr. K's expertise and thoroughness during eye exams. She takes the time to explain the health of patients' vision and provides recommendations for proper eye care.
- Wide selection of frames: Many reviewers are impressed with the diverse range of frames available at SK Eyecare. Patients appreciate the help they receive in choosing the right lenses and frames that suit their needs and style.
Virginia Vision Associates
3800 Fairfax Dr, Arlington, VA 22203
The reviews are largely positive, highlighting the competence and care of Drs. Lobaugh and Kraff. Patients also appreciate the supportive staff. However, one review cites aggressive sales tactics and dissatisfaction with office staff.
- Competent and friendly doctors and support staff.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye care professionals.
- Excellent customer service and attention to patient concerns.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Virginia in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Virginia.
- The The percentage of people in Virginia that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.46%. and In Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.61%) compared to the overall population (4.36%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.25%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Virginia
- In Virginia, 4.36% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Virginia face even higher rates at 7.24%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Virginia.
- 8.82% of those with diabetes and 7.61% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 72.88% of children in Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.75% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.36% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.