Best LASIK Surgeon In Sherman, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sherman LASIK Surgeons in Sherman, Sherman, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sherman reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Sherman.
2108 Dallas Pkwy Suite 206, Plano, TX 75093
Current Specials: Free Consultation
This lasik surgeon practice receives outstanding reviews for their friendly staff and excellent results. Many customers report better vision post-surgery than with glasses or contacts. The efficient process and professionalism are also frequently cited as reasons to choose them.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned how friendly and accommodating the staff at the Lasik surgeon practice were. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients throughout the process.
- Quick and efficient process: Many reviewers praised the efficiency of the practice, with short wait times and quick consultations, surgeries, and follow-up appointments. This is especially appealing to those with busy schedules or limited time.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the results of their Lasik procedures, with improved vision and the ability to see clearly without glasses or contacts. This suggests a high level of competency and expertise from the surgeon and team.
The LASIK Vision Institute
14160 Dallas Pkwy Ste 100, Dallas, TX 75254
Patients consistently report excellent experiences at this lasik surgery practice, highlighting the knowledgeable and caring staff who meticulously guide patients through the procedure and recovery. Patients describe an exceptionally calm, comfortable environment and appreciate the staff’s clear communication and attention to each individual. Many note dramatically improved vision as a life-changing result.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention the staff's expertise and professionalism. They take the time to explain the procedure and reassure nervous patients, creating a calm and comfortable environment.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their surgery, reporting improved vision beyond 20/20, in some cases even 20/15. This indicates a high success rate for the procedures performed at this practice.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviews highlight the relatively quick and painless nature of the procedure. Patients are pleasantly surprised at how fast and pain-free the surgery is, and are able to see clearly within a short period of time after the procedure.
Tylock-George Laser Vision – McKinney
8080 State Hwy 121 S Suite 110, McKinney, TX 75070
Reviews consistently mention the knowledgeable yet personable staff, professional and informative surgeons, and an overall efficient, professional practice. Patients feel comfortable with the considerate, accommodating care they receive and confident in the expertise of the surgeons. Modern facilities and advanced equipment further bolster the clinic’s strong reputation for successful procedures and improved vision.
- Friendly and informative staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind and friendly staff who provided helpful information and answers to questions, making the overall experience comfortable and informative.
- Professional and efficient: Several reviews highlight the professionalism and efficiency of the practice, with a focus on not pushing patients into surgery but rather discussing options and reasoning, giving patients confidence and trust in the recommendations.
- Excellent patient care and follow-up: Many reviews express satisfaction with the level of care received during the surgery and follow-up appointments, with praise for accommodating difficult schedules, providing painless and professional exams, and creating a comfortable and sanitized office environment.
The M Lasik Center
670 W Campbell Rd STE 100, Richardson, TX 75080
Dr. M is highly recommended by patients for laser eye surgery. They describe feeling safe and comfortable with his professionalism, knowledge, and expertise. The clinic’s staff is praised as attentive and friendly. The surgery is quick, painless and enables clear vision without glasses or contacts.
- Highly recommended by multiple patients: The lasik surgeon, Dr. M, receives consistent praise and recommendations from patients who have had successful procedures. Patients appreciate his knowledge, expertise, and ability to address their concerns, making them feel safe and comfortable throughout the process.
- Exceptional vision outcomes: Many patients mention that they have achieved excellent vision results after their lasik surgeries with Dr. M. They are delighted to have clear, sharp vision without the need for glasses or contacts. Some patients even mention achieving 20/20 or 20/15 vision, highlighting the surgeon's skill and expertise.
- Professional and caring staff: The lasik surgeon's office is highlighted for its friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients feel welcomed and valued, not just another number. They mention receiving helpful information, thorough answers to their questions, and excellent post-operative care. The staff's professionalism and warmth contribute to a positive experience for patients.
LaserCare Eye & LASIK Center, P.A.
4708 Dexter Dr Ste 450, Plano, TX 75093
LaserCare Eye Center patients consistently describe an exceptional experience, from the friendly and knowledgeable staff who help patients feel comfortable, to the meticulous and caring doctors who explain each step. Many strongly recommend LaserCare, citing superb care and successful LASIK results.
- Excellent and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel at ease throughout the entire process.
- Thorough and caring doctors who provide extensive eye exams and explain procedures in a way that patients can understand.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere with professional service providers who take the time to answer questions and make patients feel special.
Kimberly Warren MD
3060 Communications Pkwy STE 205, Plano, TX 75093
Patients appreciate Dr. Kimberly Warren’s professionalism, comprehensive care, and advanced technology at her welcoming Key Whitman clinic. Thorough examinations, clear explanations, and effective treatments leave many feeling grateful.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, providing excellent care throughout the entire process.
- Dr. Kimberly Warren is thorough, informative, and skilled in explaining procedures and alleviating any fears or concerns.
- Advanced technology and equipment, ensuring high-quality vision correction results.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.