Best LASIK Surgeon In Pasadena, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in Pasadena, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 13014 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Pasadena.
3700 Buffalo Speedway #325, Houston, TX 77098
The LasikPlus practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Patients praised the professionalism, friendliness, and expertise of the staff and doctors. Most patients reported experiencing little to no pain or discomfort during their procedure and were happy with their results, enjoying clear vision without glasses or contacts. Many patients highly recommended LasikPlus to others and noted that the procedure was life-changing. However, one patient reported experiencing severe dry eyes and difficulty following their procedure and was frustrated by the lack of support and communication from the practice.
- Efficient and quick procedures with no discomfort or pain.
- Friendly and professional staff that provide specialized care with a personalized touch.
- Great results with improved vision and life-changing experiences.
Mann Eye Institute - Houston Office
5115 Fannin St Suite 1000 10th Floor, Houston, TX 77004
The lasik surgeon practice has received positive reviews for its great doctors and staff, clean and spacious facility, and kind and efficient service. Patients have commended various doctors like Dr. Noroozian, Dr. Mann, Dr. Brunson, and Dr. Chin for their professionalism and care. The staff has been praised for being welcoming, informative, and helpful throughout the entire process. However, some negative reviews mention long wait times and issues with the administrative/billing office.
- Friendly and professional staff with great patient care
- Spacious and clean facility with top-notch technology
- Excellent doctors who are knowledgeable, thorough, and caring in their approach to eye care
The LASIK Vision Institute
5420 W Loop S # 4200, Bellaire, TX 77401
Patients are highly satisfied with the Lasik surgeon practice. They praise the friendly staff, painless procedure, and informative pre- and post-operative care. Many report a life-changing experience, achieving impressive results that exceed their expectations. The practice's financing options and affordability are also highlighted. Despite one negative review regarding lifetime guarantees, most patients recommend the practice to their family and friends without hesitation.
- Great staff and service from evaluation through procedure
- Quick and painless procedure with excellent and informative staff
- Impressive results and improved vision beyond 20/20, highly recommend for removing the need for glasses or contacts
Diagnostic Eye Center
3405 Edloe St Ste 300, Houston, TX 77027
Patients highly recommend Diagnostic Eye Center and its staff of knowledgeable and caring doctors, such as Dr. Welton, Dr. Salem, Dr. Sanders, and Dr. Lozano. The staff is friendly, organized, efficient, and prompt. Patients appreciate the thoroughness, professionalism, and kindness of the clinical staff, who make sure that they understand each part of the examination and explain everything clearly. Patients consider their LASIK and cataract surgeries to be life-changing, thanks to the expertise, precision, and state-of-the-art equipment used by the doctors at Diagnostic Eye Center.
- Organized and efficient staff
- Highly knowledgeable and caring doctors
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology for eye care
Houston Lasik & Eye
736 Hwy 6 #101, Sugar Land, TX 77478
The Houston Lasik and Eye practice has received mostly positive reviews. Patients praise the friendly and helpful staff, quick and easy process, and professional doctors. Some patients have mentioned issues with scheduling and front desk staff, but these negative reviews are outweighed by the positive experiences. Overall, the practice is highly recommended by the majority of its patients.
- Highly recommended by numerous reviewers.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff.
- A pain-free and fast procedure with speedy recovery and great results.
Mann Eye Institute
1501 Lake Robbins Dr SUITE 130, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Mann Eye Institute, a Lasik surgeon practice, has friendly and knowledgeable staff that make the entire experience pleasant from start to finish. Patients highly recommend the thorough consultations, professional evaluations, and quality services. The staff is professional, attentive, friendly, and helpful, making patients feel comfortable and welcomed. Patients have achieved excellent results with the Lasik procedure, and the doctors are skilled and knowledgeable, offering exceptional care and support. Mann Eye Institute provides excellent service, is quick and efficient, and takes great care of their patients, making them feel at ease, and exceeding their expectations.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, and professional.
- The clinic provides effective and thorough exams, evaluations, and consultations.
- The clinic is efficient with little or no waiting time, has a convenient location, and validates parking passes.
Houston Lasik Vision Center
1001 Texas Ave Suite 1400, Houston, TX 77002
This lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients have praised the knowledgeable, caring and skilled staff, the state of the art lasers, and the comfort level during procedures. Patients also report quick and painless surgery, excellent communication of the process, and have praised Dr. Segal's professionalism and bedside manner. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for anyone looking to get lasik surgery.
- Highly recommended by patients for their supportive and knowledgeable staff, state-of-the-art lasers, and successful procedures.
- Dr. Segal and his team are compassionate, professional, and thorough in explaining the entire process and providing excellent post-operative care.
- Many patients have reported life-changing results, with better than 20/20 vision and the ability to ditch contacts or glasses. The procedure is quick, painless, and affordable, and patients have trust in Dr. Segal's expertise and availability for any concerns or questions.
Mattioli Vision Professionals / An IQ Laser Vision Partner
2200 Southwest Fwy #500, Houston, TX 77098
The majority of reviewers have had positive experiences with DR. Mattioli Ophthalmology. Patients have reported feeling grateful for the excellent care received during cataract and LASIK surgeries. The staff and doctors are described as friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Reviewers also note the life-changing results of their procedures and highly recommend this practice. A few negative reviews mentioned high costs and issues with revision visits.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable
- Excellent results with procedures such as LASIK, Raindrop Inlay implant, ICL surgery, and crosslinking surgery
3700 Buffalo Speedway #325, Houston, TX 77098
The positive reviews highlight the friendly and helpful staff at LasikPlus, with many patients expressing gratitude for the life-changing results of their procedures. Several reviews specifically mention Dr. January and his team, praising their professionalism and expertise. The quick and painless process, as well as the efficient and attentive service, were also frequently mentioned as reasons why patients highly recommend LasikPlus.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews complimented the LasikPlus staff for their friendliness, kindness, and attentiveness. They make patients feel welcomed and comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Efficient and quick procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the Lasik procedure itself was fast and painless. They were amazed at how quick and easy the process was, with some stating that the whole procedure only took around 10-15 minutes.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Numerous reviews expressed satisfaction with the outcome of their Lasik surgery. Patients reported significant improvements in their vision, with some achieving perfect vision or better than expected results. The positive results have been described as life-changing and have helped them eliminate the need for glasses or contacts.
Berkeley Eye Center
3100 Weslayan St # 400, Houston, TX 77027
The positive reviews highlight the friendly and professional staff at Berkeley Eye Center. Many customers specifically mentioned the helpfulness of Roni, Alma, Brenda, and other staff members. The surgeons, including Dr. Obie, Dr. Caplan, and Dr. Micheletti, are praised for their knowledge and expertise, making patients feel comfortable and confident throughout the Lasik process. The overall experience at Berkeley Eye Center is described as amazing, with quick and thorough check-ups and excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and professional nature of the staff, including the doctors and technicians. Patients appreciated their expertise and felt comfortable throughout their visits.
- Efficient and thorough: Many reviews mentioned that the appointments and procedures at the Berkeley Eye Center were quick, yet thorough. Patients praised the staff for being attentive to their needs and addressing their concerns promptly.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews highlighted the exceptional customer service provided by the staff at Berkeley Eye Center. Patients mentioned specific staff members who went above and beyond to assist them, answering all their questions and making them feel at ease.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article