Best LASIK Surgeon In New Caney, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 117 LASIK Surgeons in New Caney, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 9485 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in New Caney.
Mann Eye Institute - Houston Office
5115 Fannin St Suite 1000 10th Floor, Houston, TX 77004
Dr. Victoria Chin is highly recommended for her specialization in dry eye disease and attentive, personalized care. The staff, particularly Amanda and Janet in the optics department, were praised for their helpfulness and patience in finding the perfect lens shape. Patients also appreciated the professional and friendly atmosphere provided by the Mann Eye Institute staff.
- Specialist in dry eye disease: Dr. Victoria Chin is highly praised for her expertise in treating dry eye disease. Patients are happy with the improvement in their eye condition after seeing her.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional staff at Mann Eye Institute. From the optics department to the technicians and doctors, patients feel well taken care of and appreciated as individuals.
- Excellent patient care: Many reviews highlight the compassionate and professional care provided by the doctors and staff at Mann Eye Institute. Patients appreciate the time taken to explain procedures and the overall positive experience during their visits.
Berkeley Eye Center - The Woodlands
143 Vision Park Blvd, The Woodlands, TX 77384
Berkeley Eye Center receives positive reviews for their excellent staff that is professional, kind, and knowledgeable. Many reviewers mention the thoroughness of the exams and the willingness of the doctors and staff to address all concerns and explain everything in detail. The scheduling process is described as easy and the procedures are smooth with great results. Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the care they received and recommend Berkeley Eye Center to others.
- The practice has knowledgeable and professional staff who address concerns and explain procedures thoroughly.
- The surgeons, Dr. Sarah Weeks and Dr. Daniel Anderson, are highly recommended by patients and provide excellent care.
- The practice offers a smooth and easy scheduling process, quick follow-up visits, and affordable prices for LASIK surgery.
The LASIK Vision Institute
5420 W Loop S # 4200, Bellaire, TX 77401
Overall, the lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients consistently praise the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, as well as their ability to make them feel comfortable throughout the process. Many reviewers mention that the procedure is quick and painless, with noticeable results within the same day. Several individuals express their gratitude for being able to see clearly for the first time in years. The practice also receives high marks for their knowledgeable and supportive team.
- Fast and efficient procedure: Multiple reviews mention that the lasik surgeon practice works quickly and efficiently, ensuring a smooth and quick process for patients.
- Excellent care and support: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice are highly praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and ability to provide support throughout the entire process, from initial evaluation to post-operative appointments.
- Life-changing results: Many reviews express satisfaction with the results of the LASIK surgery, with patients experiencing improved vision and no longer needing to rely on glasses or contacts. The surgery is described as a worthwhile investment that significantly enhances quality of life.
Mann Eye Institute
18850 S Memorial Dr, Humble, TX 77338
The majority of the positive reviews mention highly recommending the lasik surgeons at the practice. Many patients have had successful cataract surgeries and achieved 20/20 vision without glasses. The staff is described as friendly, professional, and helpful, providing excellent care and explaining procedures thoroughly.
- Highly recommended by patients - Many reviews mention that the lasik surgeons at this practice are highly recommended. Patients have reported successful surgeries and improved vision without glasses.
- Professional and friendly staff - Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this lasik surgeon practice. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the caring nature of the doctors and technicians.
- Thorough examinations and explanations - Patients appreciate that the doctors take the time to explain procedures and thoroughly examine their eyes. This gives them confidence in their eye health and the provided treatments.
Berkeley Eye Center – Kingwood
22741 Professional Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339
The reviews for the lasik surgeon at Berkeley Eye Center in Kingwood are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the friendly and helpful staff, as well as the professionalism and knowledge of Dr. Nguyen, Dr. McQueen, and Dr. Palumbo. Many reviewers appreciate the attentive and caring nature of the entire team and express their satisfaction with the service they received. The facility is described as clean and the overall experience as wonderful.
- Friendly and Helpful Staff: The staff at Berkeley Eye Center is consistently praised for their friendliness and willingness to help. Patients appreciate their professionalism, knowledge, and caring demeanor.
- Knowledgeable Doctors: The doctors at Berkeley Eye Center, such as Dr. Nguyen, Dr. McQueen, and Dr. Palumbo, are highly regarded for their expertise and knowledge in the field of vision care. Patients feel confident in their care and appreciate their straightforward and caring approach.
- Efficient and Attentive Service: Patients consistently mention the efficiency and attentiveness of the Berkeley Eye Center staff. From easy check-ins to personable examinations, patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the thorough explanations provided by the staff.
Berkeley Eye Center - Katy
21502 Merchants Way, Katy, TX 77449
The lasik surgeon practice at Berkeley Eye Center in Katy has received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable professionals, as well as the excellent customer service. The doctors and staff are described as top-notch, courteous, and professional, providing thorough care and consultation. Patients also praise the efficiency and organization of the clinic, as well as the personal attention they receive.
- Friendly and knowledgeable professionals: The staff at Berkeley Eye Center in Katy are described as friendly and knowledgeable, providing great service to patients.
- Thorough and efficient care: Patients appreciate the thoroughness and efficiency of the doctors and staff at this facility. They spend ample time addressing concerns, answering questions, and providing quality care.
- Excellent LASIK results: Many patients report highly positive outcomes after undergoing LASIK surgery at Berkeley Eye Center. They experience improved vision and are satisfied with the results.
- Overall, reviews highlight the professionalism, friendly service, and successful outcomes associated with this lasik surgeon practice.
Houston Lasik & Eye
736 Hwy 6 #101, Sugar Land, TX 77478
The lasik surgeon practice has received positive reviews for their accommodating staff, top-notch medical professionals, and excellent work during surgery. Patients have praised the friendly and helpful office personnel, as well as the knowledgeable doctors and nurses who provide comfort and encouragement throughout the process. Overall, the majority of reviewers recommend this practice for lasik surgery. However, there is one negative review mentioning poor customer service and technical skills of the front staff.
- Decent selection of frames and accommodating staff.
- Excellent medical professionals and staff who elicit feelings of comfort and compassion.
- Highly recommended by previous patients, with positive outcomes and helpful, friendly staff.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article