Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Laredo, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 32 LASIK Surgeons in Laredo, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1949 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Laredo.
Physicians Eye Clinic of Laredo
6999 McPherson Rd Suite #216, Laredo, TX 78041
Physicians Eye Clinic of Laredo is a professional and friendly practice with top-of-the-line equipment. Dr. Mota is helpful in providing new prescriptions for glasses and contacts. Although wait times can be long, the experience is excellent.
- People feel very comfortable and welcome at this clinic.
- The equipment is of the highest quality, making it easy to see clearly.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and provide excellent care.
- The staff is friendly and helpful, always willing to help with anything you need.
Doctor Misael Garcia Gonzalez
Av. Ocampo 3428, Madero, 88270 Nuevo Laredo, Tamps., Mexico
Dr. Misael Garcia Gonzalez's office is a professional and friendly establishment. Patients rave about his efficient care and ability to solve eye problems on the first visit. The attentive receptionist and helpful assistant make for a seamless experience.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and his team.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and able to solve any problem that may arise.
- The receptionist is very helpful and patient, always willing to help out.
- The doctor's assistant is also very helpful and informative.
Ashley Galindo, O.D.
2329 Jacaman Rd Suite 15, Laredo, TX 78041
Dr. Ashley Galindo's clinic is highly regarded for its exceptional eye care services. Patients appreciate the professionalism and thoroughness of the diagnosis, as well as the friendly and helpful staff. Ambrosio Calderon, Jr. also had a positive experience with the clinic.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- Dr. Galindo is an excellent doctor who takes her time to explain everything to patients.
- Ambrosio Calderon, Jr had a great experience here and would recommend the clinic to others.
Zaffirini Luis A MD
7210 McPherson Rd, Laredo, TX 78041
Dr. Zaffirini's office is a breath of fresh air in the medical world. Patients appreciate the time and dedication given to each appointment, with wait times averaging only 15-20 minutes. The doctor's ability to explain test results and answer questions is outstanding.
- People feel that Dr. Zaffirini is an excellent doctor who takes the time to explain the results of your tests and does an outstanding job of answering your questions.
- It is refreshing not to be rushed through your appointment.
- Average wait time has been 15-20 minutes for my 2 appointments.
Rochelle Mota, O.D.
6999 McPherson Rd Suite 216, Laredo, TX 78041
Dr. Rochelle Mota, O.D. is a skilled and personable lasik surgeon who takes great care of her patients' eyes. Her work has improved the vision of many, and her dedication to her craft is evident in the quality of her care. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking exceptional lasik surgery.
- People feel comfortable with her.
- She is skilled and knowledgeable in her field.
- Takes care of her patients as if they are her own.
Unidad Medica Visual
C. Lucio Blanco 1120 A, Militar, 88289 Nuevo Laredo, Tamps., Mexico
Unidad Medica Visual is a highly recommended lasik surgeon's office that provides professional and affordable services. Patients have praised the quality of care and service they received, and are happy to refer others to the practice. The doctors at Unidad Medica Visual are known for their expertise and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- People feel completely satisfied with the treatment and quality of consultation.
- The prescription of the lenses is perfect.
- The cost of the consultation is affordable.
Dr Jose Martinez Martinez
Av. Ocampo 3109, Madero, 88240 Nuevo Laredo, Tamps., Mexico
Dr. Martinez is a highly skilled and knowledgeable lasik surgeon who provides attentive care to his patients. While some may find his services to be on the pricier side, many believe that the quality of his work justifies the cost. Patients can trust that they are in good hands at this practice.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Martinez Martinez.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience to draw on when providing care.
- He takes the time to listen to his patients and provides tailored treatment plans that are based on their individual needs.
- His staff is friendly and welcoming, making it easy for patients to feel comfortable discussing any concerns or questions they may have.
Flores Eye Care Clinic
2329 Jacaman Rd #15, Laredo, TX 78041
Flores Eye Care Clinic boasts knowledgeable and courteous staff, thorough examinations by Dr. Martinez, and minimal wait times. Patients appreciate the clinic's value, despite not being covered by insurance. Compared to other eye clinics, Flores Eye Care Clinic stands out as a superior choice for LASIK surgery.
- People feel comfortable and knowledgeable at this clinic.
- The staff is friendly and professional.
- Service is detailed and efficient.
- Patients feel confident about their eye care here.
Tran Vision Center
5702 McPherson Rd #21, Laredo, TX 78041
Tran Vision Center exudes a welcoming and professional atmosphere, with a thorough approach to their services. Patients appreciate the care provided by Melody and the knowledge of the doctors. While some may find the prices higher, the quality of service makes it a worthwhile investment.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting Tran Vision Center.
- The staff is friendly and professional, making the visit a pleasant experience.
- Both doctors are knowledgeable and provide clear explanations of procedures.
- The center offers a variety of services, including eye exams and glasses.
Today's Vision Laredo - Omar De La Cruz O.D
7807 McPherson Rd #204, Laredo, TX 78045
Today's Vision Laredo - Omar De La Cruz O.D. is a professional and friendly practice that provides reliable and excellent service. The doctors take the time to explain everything clearly and in a way that patients can understand. The office is clean and welcoming, making it a great choice for anyone seeking a lasik surgeon.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this office.
- The doctor is very professional and takes the time to explain everything in detail.
- The staff is always friendly and helpful.
- There is never a long wait time, which is great.
Eye Care of Laredo / Laura Mendiola, MD
1119 Fenwick Dr Suite 101, Laredo, TX 78041
Eye Care of Laredo, led by Dr. Mendiola, offers exceptional eye care services with state-of-the-art equipment and a friendly staff. Dr. Mendiola's attention to detail and willingness to listen to patients make for a comfortable and personalized experience. Patients can trust Eye Care of Laredo for their LASIK surgery needs.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and her staff.
- The clinic is very modern and has great equipment.
- Dr Mendiola is an amazing doctor who listens to what patients have to say and explains everything very thoroughly.
- The service provided by the staff is excellent, and Dr Mendiola is the best ophthalmologist in Laredo.
Fragoso Garcia Francisco Javier Doctor
Av. José María Morelos 2106, Juárez, 88209 Nuevo Laredo, Tamps., Mexico
Dr. Fragoso Garcia is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon. Some patients have noted that he can be pushy, but his expertise is highly regarded. Patients can trust in the quality of care provided by this practice.
- People feel comfortable talking to him because he is very personable.
- He has a lot of experience and knowledge in his field.
- He always takes the time to listen to what you have to say, and he is willing to help you out if he can.
- He is always up for new challenges, which makes him a great doctor overall.
Texas State Optical
2019 Bob Bullock Loop Suite C-400, Laredo, TX 78045
Texas State Optical offers exceptional service, friendly doctors, and a great selection for those seeking a lasik surgeon. The office has a cool atmosphere and the doctors are patient with their clients. Although the office can be busy, the quality of care provided by the doctors makes it worth the visit.
- People feel very welcoming and accommodating.
- The service is great, with quick turnaround times for appointments.
- There is a wide variety of frames and lenses to choose from, as well as non-designer options.
- The prices are very reasonable, especially when compared to other optometrists in the area.
Manrique Custom Vision Center - Laredo
3402 E Del Mar Blvd #183, Laredo, TX 78041
Manrique Custom Vision Center - Laredo is a highly recommended lasik surgeon's office. The staff is knowledgeable and provides excellent customer service. Patients feel confident in their care and appreciate the regular check-ins and thorough answers to any questions they may have.
- People feel very welcoming and accommodating.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- They make sure you are comfortable throughout the entire process.
- The surgery was a success!
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article