Best LASIK Surgeon In Kerrville, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Kerrville LASIK Surgeons in Kerrville, Kerrville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Kerrville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Kerrville.
Parkhurst NuVision LASIK Eye Surgery – San Antonio Office
9725 Datapoint Dr Suite 106, San Antonio, TX 78229
Parkhurst NuVision’s lasik patients report exceptional care from a knowledgeable staff. The ICL procedure draws particular acclaim for quickly and painlessly restoring vision. From consultations to post-op, patients describe an excellent experience.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the lasik surgeon practice as being caring, supportive, and knowledgeable. They are praised for providing helpful information and making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Excellent Results: Many reviews highlight the positive outcomes of the procedures, with patients experiencing restored vision, improved clarity, and better quality of life. The surgeries are described as quick, painless, and life-changing.
- Comprehensive and Professional Service: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the consultations and pre-operative appointments, where they receive detailed information and have their questions answered. The entire process, from initial consultation to post-operative care, is described as well-organized and professional.
San Antonio Eye Specialists
2810 N Loop 1604 W Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78248
The lasik surgeon practice receives outstanding reviews for their friendly, courteous staff and knowledgeable, approachable doctors. Patients report life-changing results like sharp vision and eye for detail after surgery. Reviews frequently cite the staff’s professionalism, responsiveness and thoroughness. Overall the practice comes highly recommended for lasik and eye care needs.
- Friendly and Courteous Staff: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice are highly praised for being friendly and courteous, making patients feel welcome and comfortable throughout their experience.
- Knowledgeable and Professional Surgeon: Dr. Iskander, the surgeon at the practice, is highly knowledgeable and professional, receiving recommendations from numerous satisfied patients. Patients appreciate his expertise and friendly demeanor.
- Life-Changing Results: Many patients have reported life-changing results after undergoing lasik surgery at the practice. They have experienced improved vision and have been able to see without the need for glasses or contacts, leading to a significant improvement in their quality of life.
7720 Jones Maltsberger Rd Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78216
The lasik surgeon practice is praised for professional surgeons, friendly staff, quick and painless procedures, clean and well-managed facilities, satisfied patients, and LGBTQIA+ friendliness. However, some concerns include wait times and warranty issues, though most reviews are overwhelmingly positive overall.
- Professional and knowledgeable surgeon: Dr. Brown is highly skilled and knowledgeable about the lasik procedure, providing a sense of trust and confidence to patients.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The staff at LasikPlus is described as friendly, helpful, and comforting throughout the entire process, making patients feel at ease and well cared for.
- Quick and painless procedure with excellent results: Many patients experience quick recovery and achieve 20/20 or even better vision within 24 hours of the surgery, leading to life-changing results.
UltraVision Eye Care Centers
6818 Heuermann Rd, San Antonio, TX 78256
The positive reviews highlight the punctual, professional, and friendly staff. Patients appreciate the excellent care, surgeon expertise, clear explanations of diagnoses, efficient service, and minimal wait times. Overall, the reviews indicate a positive patient experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff, highlighting their helpfulness, politeness, and knowledge. This indicates a positive patient experience and a high level of customer service.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviews mention minimal waiting times and efficient appointments, indicating that the practice values promptness and respects their patients' time.
- Professional and skilled surgeons: Multiple reviews specifically mention the expertise and professionalism of the surgeons, including Dr. Starck and Dr. Dow. Patients appreciate their thorough explanations, successful surgeries, and excellent care.
- Overall, the pros identified are: friendly and knowledgeable staff, prompt and efficient service, and professional and skilled surgeons.
The LASIK Vision Institute
40 NE Interstate 410 Loop Suite 600, San Antonio, TX 78216
The staff at this lasik surgery practice are highly regarded for their professionalism and attentiveness. Patients felt the process was efficient and smoothly run. Doctors took time to explain procedures clearly and answer all questions. Many patients saw significant vision improvement post-surgery, with some achieving 20/20 or better. Overall, reviewers appreciated the staff’s kindness and ability to make patients feel comfortable.
- Quick and efficient process: Many reviewers mentioned that the procedure was quick and easy, with some even stating that it took less than 15 minutes. This highlights the efficiency of the lasik surgeon practice.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Numerous reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They mentioned that the staff members answered all their questions and made them feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Positive and life-changing results: Several reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the outcome of their lasik surgery, stating that their vision has significantly improved. They believe that it was the best decision they ever made and highly recommend the lasik surgeon practice to others.
Dr. Gregory Parkhurst
9725 Datapoint Dr Suite 106, San Antonio, TX 78229
Parkhurst NuVision patients report high satisfaction, describing attentive and reassuring staff. Many achieve 20/20 vision without complications. Patients appreciate the professional yet personable doctors, pristine facilities, and on-site surgical center.
- Excellent Vision Results: Many reviewers reported achieving 20/20 vision or even better after their procedures at Parkhurst Nuvision. This indicates a high success rate and positive outcomes for patients seeking improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts.
- Professional and Caring Staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff at Parkhurst Nuvision for their professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness throughout the entire process. From the initial consultation to the surgery and follow-up appointments, patients felt well-cared for and supported.
- Convenient and Comfortable Facilities: The offices and facilities at Parkhurst Nuvision were praised for their beautiful and welcoming atmosphere. Patients appreciated the convenience of having all procedures done at the PN facility instead of an outside surgery center. The comfortable environment and amenities provided a positive experience during appointments and follow-ups.
TLC San Antonio
434 N Loop 1604 W #3201, San Antonio, TX 78232
Reviews of this lasik surgeon describe an energetic, welcoming staff providing informed, personalized care. Patients appreciate the thorough discussion of procedure options to determine the ideal treatment. Knowledgeable, friendly staff attentively guide patients through the comfortable, quick surgery and excellent post-op care resulting in positive outcomes and high satisfaction.
- Funny and energetic workers: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is known for their upbeat and energetic attitude, making the experience enjoyable for patients.
- No pressure and patient-focused: Many reviewers mentioned that the practice does not pressure patients into getting lasik surgery. Instead, they prioritize what is best for the patient's needs and well-being.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The surgeons and staff at this practice are highly skilled, professional, and knowledgeable. They are praised for their expertise and the positive impact their surgeries have had on patients' overall quality of life.
See It Clearly
5430 Fredericksburg Rd Ste. 102, San Antonio, TX 78229
The lasik surgeon receives consistent positive feedback for their expertise, professionalism, and attentive care. Patients report feeling at ease with the doctor and staff, who address all questions and ensure a smooth procedure. Reviews cite the practice’s thorough approach and praise the transformative, successful outcomes.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons: Multiple reviewers mentioned that Dr. Brunin, Dr. Reilly, and Dr. Rajpal were highly skilled and provided excellent results. They were thorough in explaining the procedure, made the patients comfortable, and ensured a quick recovery.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff members, particularly Miriam, for their friendliness, helpfulness, and promptness in answering questions and addressing concerns. The staff made the overall experience pleasant and provided excellent customer service.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers mentioned that they experienced life-changing results after the lasik surgery. They no longer needed glasses or contacts, and their vision improved to 20/20 or even better. This positive outcome was attributed to the expertise of the surgeons and the quality of the procedure.
LasikPlus: Dr. J. Ryan Brewer
7720 Jones Maltsberger Rd Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78216
Dr. Ryan Brewer’s satisfied LasikPlus patients in San Antonio and Austin laud his surgical skill, caring bedside manner, and clear communication. Many experienced quick, pain-free procedures and excellent vision post-surgery after years of visual aids. Overall, his patients describe the entire LasikPlus experience from consult to follow-up as fantastic and life-changing.
- Highly experienced and passionate surgeon: Dr. Ryan Brewer has extensive experience and is passionate about LASIK, providing patients with confidence and reassurance throughout the process.
- Excellent bedside manner: Dr. Brewer has a calm demeanor and excellent bedside manner, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during the surgery.
- Fast and efficient procedure: The LASIK surgery is quick, with Dr. Brewer talking to patients throughout and even allowing them to listen to their preferred music, ensuring a fast and enjoyable experience.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.