Best LASIK Surgeon In Brenham, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Brenham LASIK Surgeons in Brenham, Brenham, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Brenham reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Brenham.
Berkeley Eye Center – Katy
21502 Merchants Way, Katy, TX 77449
Current Specials: 30% OFF LASIK + 40% OFF DESIGNER SUNGLASSES
The lasik surgeon and eyewear staff receive high marks for friendly service and expertise. Appointment and wait times were the primary complaints.
- Friendly and knowledgeable professionals: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is praised for their friendliness and expertise. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of by the team.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers mention the excellent customer service they received from the staff, including reception clerks, opticians, and other team members. Patients appreciate the attentive and helpful service they received throughout their visit.
- Thorough and professional care: The doctors and staff at this practice are highly regarded for their professionalism and thoroughness. Patients feel confident in their expertise and appreciate the time taken to address their questions and concerns.
Houston Lasik & Eye
736 Hwy 6 #101, Sugar Land, TX 77478
The lasik surgeon practice receives consistently positive feedback for their friendly staff, skilled surgeons, and successful procedures. Patients report feeling comfortable and cared for before, during, and after surgery. Though a few patients cited issues with scheduling and post-operative care, most reviewers strongly recommend this practice.
- Decent selection of frames and accommodating staff.
- Excellent medical professionals and staff, providing comfort and compassion.
- Affordable pricing, fast service, and flexible scheduling.
Mann Eye Institute
2616 Farm to Market 2920 Suite I Suite I, Spring, TX 77388
The lasik surgeon receives recommendations for their attentive staff, efficient service, and knowledgeable doctors who address patient needs during thorough exams. Many patients report positive experiences with the highly-rated practice and lasik surgery.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's knowledge and expertise in providing excellent service and care.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and welcoming environment created by the staff, making patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Compassionate and attentive doctors: Patients praise the doctors for their compassion, attentiveness, and ability to address their needs and concerns effectively.
Mann Eye Institute
15999 City Walk Ste 270, Sugar Land, TX 77479
The Mann Eye Institute in Sugar Land comes highly recommended for lasik procedures, with patients citing the friendly, efficient staff and exceptional care from Drs. Wright, Tan, and Jhaver. Patients describe the clinic as professional, expert, and equipped with cutting-edge technology.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and quick service provided by the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciated throughout their visits.
- Painless and quick procedure: Many reviewers express their surprise and satisfaction with how quick and painless their lasik procedure was. This indicates that the surgeons at the practice are skilled at performing the procedure efficiently and ensuring minimal discomfort for their patients.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews highlight the professionalism and expertise of the doctors at the lasik surgeon practice. Patients feel confident and well-informed about their eye care, with doctors taking the time to explain and answer all questions thoroughly.
Mann Eye Institute
1501 Lake Robbins Dr SUITE 130, The Woodlands, TX 77380
The Mann Eye Institute customers consistently mention the professional, friendly staff and thorough consultations. Many were happy with their LASIK procedure and overall clinic experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Mann Eye for being friendly, professional, and attentive. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviewers mentioned that they were in and out of the clinic quickly, indicating that the practice values efficient and timely service.
- Thorough consultations and exams: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the consultations, exams, and evaluations they received at Mann Eye. This attention to detail helps ensure the best possible treatment and outcomes for patients.
Houston Lasik & Eye
7737 Southwest Fwy #350, Houston, TX 77074
The Lasik surgeon practice has received largely positive feedback from patients who found the procedure transformative and staff knowledgeable and supportive. While some patients pointed to issues with appointments and billing, most described their experiences as convenient, thorough and worthwhile.
- Courteous and competent staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice.
- Excellent outcomes: Many reviewers were thrilled with the results of their lasik surgery, often achieving better vision than expected and experiencing improved eyesight within 24 hours of treatment.
- Convenient and efficient process: Several reviewers appreciated the convenience of being able to have their consultation and procedure done on the same day. They also mentioned that the surgical process was quick and smooth, with minimal pain or discomfort.
Texas Regional Eye Center
3811 Sagebriar Dr, Bryan, TX 77802
Patients highly commend Drs. Riggs and Varvel at Texas Regional Eye Center for their exceptional surgical skills, attentive bedside manner, and use of advanced LASIK technology, resulting in life-changing vision improvements and glasses freedom. The caring staff and smooth process from consultation through surgery and aftercare lead to an overwhelmingly positive patient experience.
- Excellent care: The lasik surgeon practice provides excellent care, as mentioned by multiple reviewers. They are praised for their attention to detail and the satisfaction of their patients.
- Highly skilled surgeons: The surgeons at the practice are highly skilled and knowledgeable. They have successfully performed cataract surgeries and lasik procedures, resulting in improved vision and positive outcomes for their patients.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice is friendly, professional, and caring. They create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, making the entire process easy and enjoyable for patients.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.