Best Eye Doctors In Wichita Falls, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Wichita Falls Optometrists in Wichita Falls, Wichita Falls, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Wichita Falls reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Wichita Falls.
4206 Kemp Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
This eye care center is known for fast service and friendly staff who go out of their way to greet and help every customer, even during busy times. Many are impressed by the quick turnaround for glasses, with some ready in under an hour.
- Fast and efficient eye exams: Multiple users reported that they were able to get their eye exams done quickly, even as walk-ins, and were able to pick up their glasses within a short time frame.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, highlighting their excellent customer service and willingness to assist even when busy. Staff members are also described as professional, courteous, and attentive to customers' needs.
- Quick turnaround time: Several users expressed satisfaction with the fast turnaround time for glasses. They reported receiving their glasses within an hour or less, and some even mentioned same-day service.
Clarke EyeCare Center
4314 Kemp Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Clarke Eye Care Center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients report thorough eye exams by knowledgeable, professional doctors. The friendly, helpful staff assists in choosing glasses. A few patients experienced issues securing accurate appointments and prescriptions, but most reviewers recommend Clarke for exams and eyewear.
- Thorough and comfortable eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that they had thorough and detailed eye exams at Clarke Eye Care Center, with some stating that it was the best eye exam they've ever had.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Clarke Eye Care Center. From the optometrists to the opticians, customers felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visit.
- Wide selection of glasses: Several reviewers mention the great experience they had choosing glasses after their eye exams. They appreciated the assistance from the staff in finding the perfect frames and felt satisfied with their selection.
Texas State Optical
4210 Kell W Blvd Ste 108, Wichita Falls, TX 76309
The eye care center is highly recommended for its thorough eye exams, professional and friendly staff, and personalized care. Though a few customers had issues with lenses and refunds, the overwhelmingly positive reviews reflect great experiences for the vast majority.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and detailed, providing in-depth assessments of the eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional staff who are informative, patient, and answer all questions.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention the quick and efficient service, with same-day appointments being available, and minimal waiting times.
Hayley Eye Clinic Pc
1901 Kemp Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76309
The eye care center received largely favorable reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and quality care from doctors. A few patients did report longer than expected wait times, high prices, and some unhelpful staff.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviews mentioned how the staff at the eye care center were welcoming, professional, and made patients feel comfortable and valued. They were described as kind, helpful, and going out of their way to meet the needs of patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at the clinic. The doctors were praised for their knowledge and ability to explain vision issues in a clear and understandable manner. The clinic also took the time to educate patients on optical choices and eyewear options.
- Caring and attentive service for special needs patients: One reviewer mentioned that the staff at the eye care center was particularly helpful and understanding when dealing with a special needs child. This attention and care for special needs patients was appreciated.
Visionworks Sikes Senter
3111 Midwestern Parkway Ste 156 & 158, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Customers highly recommend Vision Works in Wichita Falls, TX for eye exams and eyewear, citing kind staff, excellent customer service, knowledgeable doctors, wide frame selection, affordability, and quick turnaround time. Though one prescription error occurred, it was promptly resolved to the customer’s satisfaction. General manager Amanda Scott earns acclaim for exceeding expectations.
- The staff at this Vision Works location in Wichita Falls, TX is kind, helpful, and provides excellent customer service. They go above and beyond to assist customers and make them feel valued.
- The selection of frames at this eye care center is excellent, with a good inventory available at great prices. Customers appreciate the advice and recommendations they receive when choosing glasses.
- Many customers have had positive experiences with specific staff members, such as Amanda, Allan, and Lexus, who are praised for their patience, knowledge, and professionalism. These staff members are described as being helpful, respectful, and providing quick and efficient service.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3916 Kemp Blvd K, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Patients appreciated the professional and warm service from doctors and staff. Specific staff members like Krista, Laicie, Dante, and Laura Lou were highlighted for their excellent customer care in making patients feel at ease during exams. Overall, customers spoke highly of their experience with the selection of glasses and pricing.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the eye care center, with staff members like Krista, Laura Lou, Robby, Dante, and Laicie receiving high praise for their helpfulness and patience.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviewers commented on the quick and efficient service they received, with mentions of short wait times and being in and out of the eye care center in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: The optometrists at the eye care center were praised for their thoroughness and professionalism during eye exams, with reviewers specifically mentioning positive experiences with Krista and Dr. Nakatsuchi.
Maplewood EyeCare Center
3631 Maplewood Ave, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
The eye care center receives largely favorable reviews. Patients commend the cordial, competent staff for providing quality care in a relaxed setting. While some cite high costs and unprofessional conduct by one employee, most praise the attentive service and expertise of the eye doctors and staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They were able to calm down children during their eye exams and provided assistance with insurance and eyeglass selection.
- Professional and thorough eye care: Many reviews praised the professionalism and thoroughness of the eye care provided. The doctors were described as caring, understanding, and taking the time to explain everything during the exams. The clinic was also noted to be clean and odorless, with no waiting past the scheduled appointment time.
Advanced Eye Clinic
3111 Midwestern Pkwy #156B, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
This eye care center is known for friendly, affordable service and easy appointment booking. Customers report efficient exams by knowledgeable staff, though one mentioned some disorganization. Overall, reviews are positive for the center’s professionalism and accommodating care.
- Friendly and affordable eye exams
- Knowledgeable and professional staff, providing thorough and quick service
- Helpful and accommodating, taking the time to answer questions and make patients feel comfortable
Deatherage Certified Opticians
2916 Garnett Ave, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Deatherage Opticians provides quality glasses and excellent service. Customers appreciate their friendly staff, convenient remote ordering with prompt home delivery, and professionalism.
- Convenient and responsive customer service: The staff at Deatherage Opticians are helpful and responsive, even going above and beyond to accommodate customers' needs. They are willing to call and obtain prescriptions, provide hassle-free mail delivery, and offer quick turnarounds on glasses and contacts.
- Excellent quality and variety of eyewear: Customers consistently praise the quality of the glasses and sunglasses provided by Deatherage Opticians. They offer a wide variety of frames, including popular brands like Oakley and Maui Jim, ensuring customers can find options that suit their style and preferences.
- Prompt and reliable delivery: Customers appreciate the prompt and reliable delivery service provided by Deatherage Opticians. Whether it's glasses or contact lenses, they deliver orders promptly and with great care, even to customers who are located out of town or out of state.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.