Best Eye Doctors In Waco, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Waco Optometrists in Waco, Waco, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Waco reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Waco.
5201 Bosque Blvd Ste 230, Waco, TX 76710
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, helpful staff explanations, fast service, affordable glasses, though some experienced long waits and prescription issues.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams that exceed expectations.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain everything and assist in choosing the best frames and lens options.
- Fast service with quick turnaround times for glasses, including the option for same-day glasses.
5001 W Waco Dr, Waco, TX 76710
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, with customers citing knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly staff. Customers also appreciated the quick and efficient eye exams and affordable prices. However, a few negative reviews mentioned issues with customer service, incorrect prescriptions, and pricing discrepancies.
- Quick and convenient appointments: Multiple reviews mention being able to get an eye exam appointment on the same day or being seen immediately as a walk-in, making it easy and convenient for customers to get the care they need.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers highlight the staff's knowledge, helpfulness, and professionalism, mentioning specific employees who went above and beyond to provide excellent service. This suggests that customers can expect a positive and supportive experience when seeking eye care at this center.
Crystal Clear Eye Care
190 N New Rd, Waco, TX 76710
Crystal Clear Eye Care customers praised the staff and doctors for their friendliness, patience and ability to put children at ease during exams. Reviews indicated thorough eye exams and a wide selection of frames. One customer encountered insurance issues.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and patient, especially with first-time contact users and children. They provide thorough explanations of the tests and results, making sure that patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the eye exam process.
- The optometrist, Dr. Loven, is highly skilled and capable, ensuring that patients feel confident that their eyes are in good hands.
- The office has a wide variety of beautiful eyeglasses at reasonable prices, making it easy for patients to find frames that suit their style and budget.
Waco Vision Center
5201 Bosque Blvd SUITE 220, Waco, TX 76710
Waco Vision Center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, efficient staff and knowledgeable, thorough eye doctors, especially Dr. Kathy McCain. While some customers noted longer waits and crowded areas, most were satisfied with the service and care. One negative review cited a pricing issue.
- Easy to get an appointment and quick service
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff, providing excellent customer service
Green Eye Associates, Vision Source
816 Lake Air Dr, Waco, TX 76710
Green Eye Associates is highly regarded for thorough, professional eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors in a cozy, clean, and well-maintained office. Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, as well as the wide selection of eyewear frames. Many reviewers plan to return and recommend the practice.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Green Eye Associates are extensive, thorough, and provided with state-of-the-art equipment. The doctors take the time to ensure accurate prescriptions and conduct comprehensive retina examinations.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Many reviewers highlight the welcoming and friendly nature of the staff at Green Eye Associates. They are accommodating, patient, and take the time to answer questions and provide information. The staff also engages children during their appointments, making it a family-friendly environment.
- Wide selection of frames and custom lens options: Reviewers mention that Green Eye Associates offers a large selection of frames and the ability to customize lenses. They provide the option to replace non-prescription lenses with prescription lenses, allowing for personalized eye care and the ability to wear frames for different tasks.
Waco Vision Source
1000 W Hwy 6 Ste 210 Suite #210, Waco, TX 76712
Waco Vision Source provides thorough, patient-friendly eye exams and glasses. Their doctors take time to explain and address individual needs. Their staff is friendly, helpful, and follows COVID protocols to ensure a clean, safe environment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at Waco Vision Source are super nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate their friendly and professional demeanor, making the experience enjoyable and comfortable.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the in-depth and patient-friendly eye exams provided at Waco Vision Source. The doctors take the time to explain things and ensure that patients understand their vision and eye health. This thoroughness is highly appreciated by the reviewers.
- Clean and safe environment: Patients mention that the facility at Waco Vision Source is beautiful, clean, and adheres to COVID-19 protocols. This provides a sense of safety and reassurance to those seeking eye care during the pandemic.
6001 W Waco Dr Suite 106, Waco, TX 76710
The first review details a poor experience with unprofessional staff, except for the helpful employee Audrey. The other reviews are positive, describing friendly and efficient service from staff like Latoya and Audrey. They mention aid with glasses repairs and purchases. Overall, most reviews indicate positive experiences with helpful staff members.
- Fast, professional, and friendly service during eye exams.
- Helpful and accommodating staff who go above and beyond in assisting customers with repairs or curbside service.
- Knowledgeable and transparent staff who provide guidance and recommendations for frames and lenses suited to individual needs.
The Optical Dispensary – Robert D. Salganik O.D.
3713 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76710
The staff and doctors receive high marks for their friendly and patient service, with expertise ensuring thorough exams and proper prescriptions. While most reviews are positive, some mention long waits and scheduling challenges that could be improved.
- Friendly and supportive staff: The staff at this eye care center are praised for their kindness, patience, and ability to make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: The doctors at this location are highly regarded for their expertise in optometry and their commitment to ensuring accurate prescriptions and quality eye care.
- Efficient service: Despite being busy, the staff and doctors provide efficient and timely service, minimizing wait times and ensuring a quick and streamlined experience for patients.
Visionworks Richland Mall
6001 W Waco Dr #612, Waco, TX 76710
While the majority of reviews praise the helpful and professional staff, a few mention issues with rude employees, order problems, and pricing policies.
- Excellent customer service and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpfulness and kindness of the receptionist, doctors, and associates at the eye care center. They are described as informative, knowledgeable, professional, and dedicated to providing a positive experience for patients.
- Competitive pricing: One review highlights that Visionworks saved them $300 compared to a competitor in terms of pricing. This suggests that the eye care center offers competitive prices, making it a good option for those looking for affordable eye care services and glasses.
- Wide selection of frames and lenses: Several reviews mention the great selection of glasses and lenses available at the eye care center. This indicates that they offer a diverse range of styles and options for customers to choose from, ensuring that they can find the perfect fit for their needs and preferences.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
4320 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76710
The eye care center’s staff, including Juanita, Joanna, Dalia, and Dariel, provided attentive service helping customers select frames, adjust glasses, explain costs, and address vision needs. Multiple reviewers described the team as friendly, professional, and willing to go above and beyond. The welcoming atmosphere and exceptional care come highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned specific staff members by name (such as Dariel, Juanita, and Joanna) who provided excellent customer service, were patient, and knowledgeable about frames, lenses, and insurance options.
- Quick and efficient service: Reviewers appreciated the quick and efficient service they received, whether it was helping them find the perfect pair of glasses, fixing their frames, or navigating insurance coverage.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Customers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly, personable, and created a welcoming atmosphere, making them feel comfortable and well taken care of.
Brazos Eye Surgery of Texas
201 Londonderry Dr, Waco, TX 76712
Patients speak highly of the eye care center’s skilled surgeons, notably Dr. Swann and Dr. Tanous, who provide excellent care. The friendly, knowledgeable staff earns consistent praise for their accommodating service. Many mention short wait times and successful procedures leading to better vision. Overall, reviews applaud the office’s efficiency and professional approach.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews mention Dr. Swann and Dr. Tanous as being excellent eye doctors. They are described as patient, caring, and skilled in performing various eye surgeries, including LASIK, cataract surgery, and cornea procedures.
- Efficient and organized office: Reviewers consistently mention the office as being well-organized and efficient. They appreciate the professionalism and care of the staff, who make them feel comfortable during their visits and surgeries. The office is also praised for its customer service and ability to accommodate patients quickly, even for emergency situations.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.