Best Eye Doctors In Tyler, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Tyler Optometrists in Tyler, Tyler, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Tyler reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Tyler.
Heaton Eye Associates
3415 Golden Rd, Tyler, TX 75701
Heaton Eye Associates received positive reviews for their professional, friendly staff and doctors who provide thorough eye exams, address patient concerns, and achieve positive surgical outcomes. Patients praised the practice’s excellent customer service and would recommend them for quality eye care.
- In-network with insurance: Several reviewers mentioned that Heaton Eye Associates is in-network with their insurance plans, which is a major plus for those seeking routine eye exams and eye care.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers praised the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at Heaton Eye Associates, including the doctors and optometrists. This positive feedback suggests that patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their visits.
- Thorough and extensive eye exams: Many reviewers emphasized that their eye exams at Heaton Eye Associates were thorough and extensive. This attention to detail provides reassurance to potential patients who are looking for comprehensive eye care.
Dr. Ronald N. Smith & Dr. J. Mark Hooton: OD
2732 S Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75701
Patients consistently describe Dr. Hooten and Dr. Smith as thorough and caring eye doctors who utilize modern equipment for comprehensive exams. Their friendly, professional staff offers excellent customer service and makes patients feel welcomed.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff: Reviews consistently mention the expertise and professionalism of both Dr. Hooten and Dr. Smith. Patients appreciate their thoroughness during exams and their ability to explain everything clearly.
- State-of-the-art equipment: The clinic is equipped with modern and advanced technology, enhancing the overall experience for patients. This allows for accurate diagnoses and tailored recommendations for individual needs.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendliness and genuine care exhibited by both the doctors and the staff. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Note: While there are many other positive reviews mentioned, these three pros capture the main themes that were consistently mentioned throughout the reviews.
3415 Golden Rd, Tyler, TX 75701
Dr. Guenther receives positive feedback for her caring bedside manner and professionalism. Patients value her attentiveness to their concerns, expertise, and ability to put them at ease. Heaton Eye Associates’ friendly, professional staff and overall positive experience are also acknowledged. A less favorable review cites an extended wait time and poor hygiene.
- Dr. Guenther is described as caring, knowledgeable, and professional, with a calming demeanor and a gentle touch.
- The staff at Heaton Eye Associates is friendly, welcoming, and makes patients feel comfortable throughout their visit.
- Patients appreciate that Dr. Guenther takes the time to listen, answer questions, explain procedures, and make them feel like an active partner in their medical care.
Ragsdale & Martin Optical, Inc.
2740 S Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75701
R+M Eye Care is highly regarded for their exceptional customer service, friendly staff, and knowledgeable optometrist Dr. Johnson, who takes time to ensure patients feel comfortable during exams. Their glasses selection earns approval, with staff lauded for providing assistance whether or not purchases are made in-store. Patients consistently describe the practice as thoroughly attentive and accommodating.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff, including Dr. Johnson, were friendly, down-to-earth, and made them feel comfortable during their eye exams and while choosing frames.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the exceptional customer service they received, including complimentary repairs, personalized assistance in frame selection, and even going above and beyond to accommodate elderly customers.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciated the wide selection of frames available at the eye care center, including designer frames and the ability to order custom frames.
EyeCare Associates of East Texas
2440 E 5th St, Tyler, TX 75701
Dr. Allison is known for thorough eye exams and quick service, especially for contact lens prescriptions. Some patients report dissatisfaction with Dr. Bochow, citing long waits and poor communication. Eye-care Associates offers a breadth of services – exams, surgeries, Botox, eyelid lifts – performed by an experienced team.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: According to a review, Dr. Allison was praised for her thoroughness in checking and diagnosing issues during an eye exam. The reviewer also mentioned that they were in and out of the appointment swiftly.
- Wide range of services: A review highlights that the eye care center offers various services, including regular eye exams, Lasik, cataract and retinal surgeries, an optical shop with a wide selection of trendy glasses, and a hearing specialist offering free cleanings and hearing tests.
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff: Several reviewers mentioned the excellent doctors and nurses at the eye care center. They found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and experienced in dealing with patients, especially when it comes to handling children or performing specialized procedures.
Heaton Eye Associates: Heaton Charles L MD
3415 Golden Rd, Tyler, TX 75701
Patients speak highly of Dr. Charles Heaton and his staff at Heaton Eye Associates for their professional, knowledgeable, and kind service during eye exams and procedures. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams performed in a comfortable office environment.
- Timely and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were seen in a timely manner, indicating that the eye care center values efficiency and respects patients' time.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the professionalism, kindness, and knowledge of Dr. Charles Heaton and his staff. They felt confident in the care provided and appreciated the thoroughness of the exams.
- Personalized and caring approach: Reviewers mentioned feeling comfortable and cared for during their visits. They appreciated the personalized care and attention given by Dr. Heaton and his staff, and some even mentioned specific instances of the doctor praying with them before a procedure.
- Positive experiences with LASIK: Several reviewers had positive experiences with LASIK performed by Dr. Heaton, mentioning zero pain, quick recovery, and improved vision. This indicates that the eye care center has expertise in LASIK procedures.
Hans Schuricht, MD
1327 Troup Hwy #2, Tyler, TX 75701
Dr. Hans Schuricht receives glowing reviews for his professional, attentive care. Patients describe smooth appointments and thoughtful explanations from the doctor. His knowledgeable, courteous team enables quality experiences and eye care.
- Dr. Schuricht is a caring and attentive eye doctor, providing excellent care to his patients.
- The staff at this eye care center is professional, knowledgeable, and works well together.
- The office runs efficiently and provides excellent customer care, making appointments easy and convenient for patients.
Dr. Smith & Dr. Hooton
2732 S Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75701, United States
This eye care center is consistently praised for its friendly staff, advanced equipment, and immaculate facility. Patients trust the expertise of Drs. Smith and Hooton, who take time to thoroughly explain eye exams and provide knowledgeable care. Many satisfied customers have been returning for years. Overall, this center offers excellent eye care.
- Friendly staff and efficient workspace
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain procedures and tests
John Deaton, OD
1424 E Front St, Tyler, TX 75702
Dr. Deaton’s office provides exceptional eye care and treatment plans. The doctor and staff are praised for their sweet, informative service and for being thorough, honest, and caring during exams. Some patients have experienced scheduling difficulties and long waits for urgent appointments.
- Dr. Deaton is informative, sweet, and takes the time to ensure comfort and understanding of recommendations.
- The staff is friendly, efficient, and provides thorough eye exams.
- The clinic provides exceptional and professional eye care, with a caring and knowledgeable team.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.