Best Eye Doctors In Sherman, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sherman Optometrists in Sherman, Sherman, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sherman reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Sherman.
4182 Town Center Dr, Sherman, TX 75092
This eye care center receives high marks for friendly, knowledgeable staff and prompt service. Customers report minimal wait times, with glasses ready in as little as 20 minutes. They also describe reasonable pricing and intent to continue using this center.
- Fast service: Numerous reviewers mentioned that they received quick and efficient service, with glasses being completed in as little as 30 minutes to an hour.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, mentioning that they felt genuinely taken care of. The employees were knowledgeable, patient, and attentive throughout the entire process.
- Good selection and quality: Several reviewers mentioned that they were pleased with the selection of frames available and the quality of the products. They felt satisfied with their glasses and the overall experience at Eyemart Express.
2515 W Morton St, Denison, TX 75020
The eye care center is lauded in reviews for its welcoming staff, easy appointments, and comforting atmosphere. Patients describe the knowledgeable, attentive doctors who put them at ease during thorough exams. Overall, the center is commended for its professional yet personable service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center is courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. Patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visits.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several reviews praise the optometrists for conducting in-depth eye exams and taking the time to explain the condition of their eyes. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and attention to detail in their examinations.
3113 N Hwy 75 #300, Sherman, TX 75090
The first review reports inaccurate vision tests and trials, plus poor customer service. The second applauds Mary Jane’s team for their extraordinary effort correcting a bad experience and securing the right eyeglass prescription. The third notes the quick, efficient service received during a visit.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the employees at this eye care center were friendly, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond to assist customers. They were patient, answered questions, and provided excellent customer service.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the fast and efficient service at this location. Customers were able to get in and out of their eye exams quickly, and the process of selecting frames and completing the necessary paperwork was smooth and hassle-free.
- Good value for money: Some customers mentioned that they received a good deal or promotion at this eye care center. This included free eye exams with the purchase of glasses, two pairs of glasses for a discounted price, and excellent pricing on frames.
3636 McKinney Ave #120, Dallas, TX 75204
This eye care center receives positive feedback for its attentive and friendly staff, particularly the knowledgeable doctors who take time to answer questions. Patients also note the office’s COVID-safety measures and extensive selection of frames and lenses.
- Friendly and professional customer service, with staff who have great customer service skills and a beautiful personality.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams, with doctors taking their time and providing helpful insights into current glasses.
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff who can assist with unique prescriptions and finding the perfect frames.
Patterson Optical, P. A.
4180 Town Center Dr, Sherman, TX 75092
Patients gave mostly positive reviews of the eye care center, describing the doctors as patient, kind and adept at providing comfortable eye exams. They found the staff friendly, helpful and competent. A few negative reviews cited rude office staff and incorrect prescriptions. Overall the center was praised for the caring and professional service of its doctors and staff.
- The doctors at this eye care center are patient and kind, especially with children during their first eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and makes an effort to explain each piece of equipment used during the eye exam.
- Patients appreciate the quick service and short wait times, even as walk-ins.
Van Alstyne Eye Care
1284 W Van Alstyne Pkwy, Van Alstyne, TX 75495
Customers consistently expressed satisfaction with this eye care center, citing the knowledgeable and amiable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and aid in selecting frames. While some found prices for eyewear high, most gave strong recommendations overall for the quality eye care received.
- Efficient and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the eye care center being kind, knowledgeable, and efficient. They make sure to address all questions and provide thorough explanations during the eye exams.
- Wide selection of frames: The eye care center offers a good selection of frames in various colors, making it likely that patients will find frames that suit their preferences.
- Friendly and inviting atmosphere: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and inviting atmosphere created by the staff. From the moment patients walk in the door, they feel welcomed and comfortable.
Eye & Vision
3417 Spectrum Blvd Suite 100, Richardson, TX 75082
Dr. Lee provides knowledgeable, thorough eye exams and accurate prescriptions, per positive reviews. His professional, kind staff helps patients through an organized, efficient, punctual appointment at reasonable prices. Many customers strongly recommend Dr. Lee’s Eye & Vision practice.
- Dr. Lee is highly knowledgeable and thorough in his eye exams, ensuring accurate prescriptions.
- The staff at the eye care center are professional, friendly, and provide excellent customer service.
Dr. Gundersheimer’s Eye-do Optical: Jerry Gundersheimer, OD
600 E Taylor St #210, Sherman, TX 75090
The eye care center is known for its friendly and helpful staff. Dr. Gundersheimer’s patient and thorough exams, especially with children, draw high marks. Patients recommend the center for its excellent service and comprehensive eye exams. Some complaints focus on insurance issues and delays receiving glasses.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center. They are accommodating towards children, patient with special needs individuals, and willing to answer any questions or concerns.
- Thorough and patient-centered care: The eye exams conducted by Dr. Gundersheimer are described as thorough, with him taking the time to explain any signs or symptoms he observes. He is also praised for his calm and respectful demeanor, making patients feel comfortable and involved in their eye care.
- Quick and efficient service: One reviewer mentions that they were able to pick out frames before the eye exam, which sped up the process. Additionally, there are positive comments about short wait times and staff being quick to return calls.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
401 W US Hwy 82, Sherman, TX 75092
Most reviews laud the eye care center’s helpful, knowledgeable staff, especially Tammy, Theresa, Lissa and Hailey. Patients value the excellent customer service, aid in choosing frames, and speedy repairs. However, one review cites unprofessional conduct by a staff member.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention specific staff members by name, such as Theresa, Tammy, and Lissa, who provided excellent service and were helpful and friendly throughout the entire process.
- Great selection of frames and lens options: Customers appreciate the wide range of frames and lens options available at the eye care center.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviews mention that the staff members were able to quickly fix glasses or assist customers in making a decision, making the overall experience enjoyable and efficient.
Texoma Retina And Glaucoma
1303 N Sam Rayburn Fwy, Sherman, TX 75090
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its professional and knowledgeable doctors. Patients describe the staff as friendly and polite. Long wait times up to 1.5 hours are the primary complaint, though many patients are ultimately satisfied with their treatment and would recommend this center.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided at this eye care center are thorough and comprehensive, with doctors taking the time to answer all questions and address any concerns. This indicates a high level of expertise and professionalism.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Several reviews highlight the friendly and courteous nature of the staff at this eye care center. Patients appreciate the helpfulness and kindness of the staff, which contributes to a positive experience.
- Experienced and caring doctors: Multiple reviews commend the doctors at this eye care center for their expertise, caring nature, and ability to make patients feel comfortable. Patients feel confident in the doctors' abilities and appreciate the attention and care they receive.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
401 US-75, Denison, TX 75020
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for their knowledgeable, friendly staff and reasonable prices. One customer highlighted the exceptional service their autistic child received. However, there was one complaint regarding a contact lens delivery miscommunication.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are knowledgeable and friendly, making the experience pleasant and helpful.
- Excellent customer service: The reviews highlight the excellent customer service provided by the staff, mentioning specific employees who went above and beyond to make the customers feel comfortable and satisfied.
- Relaxed atmosphere: Many reviewers appreciate the relaxed atmosphere at this eye care center, making it a comfortable and non-hurried place to get an eye exam and choose glasses.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.