Best Eye Doctors In Selma, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Selma Optometrists in Selma, Selma, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Selma reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Selma.
8127 Agora Pkwy, Selma, TX 78154
Customers laud Morgan, a staff member at the eye care center, for her outstanding service and expertise. She helps customers save on eye exams, contacts, glasses, and frame selection while ensuring proper prescriptions. However, one review cites discourteous behavior by a staff member during an exam. Overall, customers enthusiastically recommend this location for meeting eye care needs.
- The staff at this location is highly praised for their customer service, spending time with patients during eye exams and helping them choose frames.
- Many customers mention a specific employee, Morgan, who is described as amazing, sweet, and knowledgeable. They appreciate her assistance in getting the right frames and lenses for their needs.
- Several reviewers mention that they received great deals and saved money on eye exams, glasses, and contacts at this location.
8222 Agora Pkwy, Selma, TX 78154
Many patients appreciated the alternatives to dilation drops and the knowledgeable, thorough doctors. The friendly, efficient staff and quick, detailed exams were also praised. However, one patient cited high charges and an unhelpful doctor.
- Alternative to dilation: One reviewer mentioned that they were offered an alternative to dilating their eyes, which involved the use of a curved mirror camera. This could be a pro for those who dislike the discomfort of dilation drops during eye exams.
- Efficient and thorough: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being efficient and thorough during the eye exam process. They appreciated that all procedures were explained, and that the staff understood the importance of time management.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at the eye care center. From the front desk to the doctors, the staff received positive feedback for their customer service and making patients feel comfortable.
Texas State Optical
17460 I-35 N Suite 412, Schertz, TX 78154
The eye care center receives largely positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff. Patients frequently compliment Dr. Castro’s attentive and informative eye exams. A small number of reviews cite issues with unclear billing and unexpected fees for optional procedures.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, helpful, and professional. They appreciated the staff's ability to answer their questions and provide thorough explanations during the eye exam process.
- Experienced and thorough optometrist: Several reviewers praised Dr. Castro for his expertise and thoroughness during the eye exams. They felt that he took the time to address their concerns and provide detailed explanations about their eye health.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviewers were pleased with the minimal wait time and the overall efficiency of their visits to this eye care center. They appreciated the promptness and speed with which their eye exams were conducted.
In Focus Eyecare
11465 Toepperwein Rd, San Antonio, TX 78233
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for Dr. Valderaz’s professional eye exams. Patients describe the staff as friendly and helpful. One billing complaint was personally resolved by the doctor. This clinic comes well recommended overall for eye exams and glasses.
- Consistently pleasant experience with detailed explanations and thorough eye exams.
- Great with kids, providing a compassionate and helpful experience.
- Highly professional and personable doctors, ensuring a safe and comfortable visit.
Schertz Vision Source
17323 I-35 N, Schertz, TX 78154
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their knowledgeable and attentive doctors, especially Drs. Butler and Luna. Patients compliment the friendly and accommodating staff. The center offers a wide selection of stylish frames and glasses.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and provide in-depth examinations.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers highlight the friendly and helpful staff, from the front desk to the doctors, making the overall experience pleasant.
- Good selection of frames: Several reviewers mention that the location offers a great selection of glasses frames to choose from, ensuring options for different preferences and styles.
14791 I-35 N Ste 108-B, Selma, TX 78154
The eye care center is highly regarded for their knowledgeable and friendly staff, who help patients navigate insurance plans. Customers mention the quick turnaround time to receive glasses – often within an hour – and appreciate the quality and affordability.
- Excellent customer service with friendly and helpful staff.
- Fast and efficient service, including glasses made in 30 minutes and one hour express service.
- Affordable prices and deals, including military discounts and multiple pairs of glasses for a reasonable price.
Diamond K Eye Care, Inc.
1420 Schertz Pkwy Ste 130, Schertz, TX 78154
Diamond Eyecare customers reported attentive, thorough eye exams by Dr. Klufas and his knowledgeable staff. They appreciated the friendly, helpful service and clean office. Some mentioned unexpected medical charges and limited frames, while others praised the comprehensive, professional care from Dr. Klufas. Overall, Diamond Eyecare comes highly recommended for eye exams.
- Attentive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the doctor at Diamond Eyecare provides comprehensive and thorough eye exams, taking the time to answer questions and review notes from previous visits. This indicates a high level of attention and care in the examination process.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at Diamond Eyecare. From the receptionist to the frame selection assistant, the staff is described as welcoming, knowledgeable, and patient in assisting customers. This creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Clean and modern office: Several reviews highlight the cleanliness and modernity of the office at Diamond Eyecare. The new and clean environment adds to the overall positive experience for patients seeking eye care and eye exams.
- Note: As there are several positive reviews that mention thoroughness and attention to detail, it could be worth considering this as an additional pro.
Alamo City Eye
11601 Toepperwein Rd, San Antonio, TX 78233
Reviewers commended Dr. Walton’s friendly and professional manner at Alamo City Eye. Patients noted his thorough eye exams and clear explanation of results. They felt comfortable with Dr. Pittard’s expertise. Reviewers appreciated the clinic staff’s helpfulness and kindness, stating they received excellent care.
- Friendly and professional doctors who provide thorough eye exams and explain the results clearly.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who provide excellent care, are patient, and have a great attitude.
- Convenient location with a surgery center nearby and a clean and comfortable environment.
16019 Nacogdoches Rd #112, San Antonio, TX 78247
Most reviewers praised this eye care center’s prompt service, same-day appointments, and friendly, patient staff. Many were impressed by Dr. Pham’s professionalism, expertise, and personalized care. A few had negative experiences like poor service, feeling rushed, and overcharging. Still, the majority highly recommended this center for its excellent care.
- Quick and efficient service with minimal wait time.
- Friendly and attentive staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Dr. Pham is knowledgeable, understanding, and takes the time to address patients' needs and concerns.
6909 N Loop 1604 E Suite 1170, San Antonio, TX 78247
Jessica at Provision Eye Care and Holly at LensCrafters deliver exceptional service. Patients compliment Jessica’s patience, frame selection help, and customer care. Holly draws praise for affordability, expertise, and service. Overall, the friendly, helpful staff at both centers aim to give customers a great experience.
- Knowledgeable and Patient Staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff, particularly Jessica and Holly, as being knowledgeable, patient, and helpful during the frame selection, lens options, and insurance process. They provide excellent customer service and take the time to understand the needs of each individual.
- Great Customer Service: Reviewers consistently praise the customer service at this eye care center. They mention the friendly and attentive service provided by the staff and appreciate the professionalism and helpfulness of the associates. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure a positive and enjoyable experience for customers.
- Wide Range of Options: Customers appreciate the variety of options available at this eye care center, including a range of frame styles and price points. The staff, particularly Holly, is praised for presenting different options and providing solid advice that helps customers make informed decisions.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.