Best Eye Doctors In Schertz, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Schertz Optometrists in Schertz, Schertz, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Schertz reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Schertz.
Eye to Eye Vision Glasses & Contacts
5233 Walzem Rd, San Antonio, TX 78218
Patients appreciated the eye care center’s friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough exams, expertise in prescribing vision corrections, and clean, efficient facilities. However, one patient reported a dismissive, rude encounter with a specific doctor and decided not to return.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews highlight the staff's friendly and helpful demeanor, making patients feel comfortable and valued during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and experienced doctors: Reviewers appreciate the doctors' expertise and ability to accurately diagnose vision prescriptions and identify potential health issues during the eye exams.
- Efficient and quick service: The eye care center is commended for its efficiency in conducting eye exams and promptly providing necessary paperwork, prescriptions, or information to patients, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience.
8222 Agora Pkwy, Selma, TX 78154
Customers greatly appreciate the alternative to dilating, a curved mirror camera providing a quick, easy exam. Reviews describe the staff as friendly, efficient and knowledgeable, making visits comfortable and relaxed. One negative review mentioned an aloof doctor and surprise fees. Overall, most reviews enthusiastically recommend this eye center for its exceptional service and patient focus.
- Offers alternative to dilation with curved mirror camera for eye exams
- Knowledgeable, thorough, and patient eye doctor
- Friendly and efficient staff
- Swift, easy, and thorough eye exams
- Excellent customer service and short wait times
- Quick and efficient eye exam process
- After 5:00 appointments available for working individuals
- Friendly, clean, and efficient experience
- Staff goes above and beyond to assist with finding glasses
- Thorough and professional eye exams
- Technicians explain the eye exam process step-by-step
- Accommodating and understanding receptionist
- Fast service and friendly staff
- Detailed eye exam
- Great customer service from both staff and eye doctor
- Front desk staff provides excellent customer service and snacks
8127 Agora Pkwy, Selma, TX 78154
Customers applaud this eye care center, singling out Morgan for going above and beyond during exams and frame selection. While most experiences were positive, one negative review suggests a need for improved customer service training. Overall, customers are pleased with their eye exams and frame selections.
- The staff at this eye care center is highly praised for their attentive and personalized service, particularly during eye exams and frame selection.
- Many customers mention that they received great deals and savings on their eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses, thanks to the help of the staff, particularly Morgan.
Texas State Optical
17460 I-35 N Suite 412, Schertz, TX 78154
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams. A few patients expressed concerns about unclear pricing and billing practices. However, many still highly recommend this place for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, kind, and professional. Patients appreciate the personalized and attentive customer service they receive during their appointments.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The optometrist, Dr. Castro, is praised for his knowledge and thoroughness during eye exams. Patients feel that he takes the time to answer questions and explain procedures in detail, making them feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that the wait time at this eye care center is minimal, and appointments are completed efficiently. Patients appreciate being able to get in and out of the office promptly while still receiving a high level of care.
In Focus Eyecare
11465 Toepperwein Rd, San Antonio, TX 78233
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, helpful staff, and an overall pleasant experience. Despite one complaint about billing issues, patients recommend this facility for professional, friendly service and quality eye care.
- Consistently provides a pleasant experience with detailed explanations and thorough eye exams.
- Great with kids and very patient, making the eye exam a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all ages.
- Professional, friendly staff and optometrist, with a focus on safety and attention to detail.
Alamo Eye Care
1742 N Loop 1604 E Suite 117, San Antonio, TX 78232
Alamo Eye Care receives consistently positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and comprehensive eye exams utilizing advanced technology. Patients mention appreciating the clear explanations during exams and the clinic’s ability to provide personalized care for specific conditions. A few reviewers noted issues with customer service and wait times for glasses selection assistance.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers repeatedly mention the friendly and professional staff members at Alamo Eye Care. They appreciate their thoroughness, clear explanations, and genuine concern for their eye care needs.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Many reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams performed at Alamo Eye Care. Customers mention the use of state-of-the-art technology and multiple tests, ensuring a comprehensive examination.
- Excellent service and care for specific needs: Customers with specific eye care needs, such as macular degeneration or contact lens prescriptions, report that the doctors at Alamo Eye Care are knowledgeable and provide expert care and advice. They also mention the availability of a wide range of contact lenses.
Schertz Vision Source
17323 I-35 N, Schertz, TX 78154
Schertz Vision Source is well-regarded for thorough, professional eye exams and friendly, helpful staff. Patients appreciate the expertise of Drs. Butler and Luna. Some concerns exist regarding insurance costs and frame selection/returns.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this eye care center were thorough and provided in-depth examinations.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at this eye care center for being friendly, patient, and considerate. They were described as helpful from the initial communication to the end of the appointment, making the experience pleasant.
- Knowledgeable and trustworthy doctors: Reviewers expressed trust and confidence in the doctors at this eye care center, mentioning that they provided excellent care, explained the examination process, and offered informed recommendations.
Crossroads Vision Care
9250 Farm-To-Market Rd 78, Converse, TX 78109
The eye care center receives consistently positive reviews for its friendly staff, thorough eye exams by Dr. Blase, cutting-edge technology, personalized eyewear solutions, and attentive care. Long-time patients highly recommend this office for its excellent customer service during exams and when selecting eyewear.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Crossroads Vision Care were very nice, welcoming, and caring. They created a comfortable and caring environment for both children and adults during their eye exams.
- Thorough and personalized eye exams: Multiple reviews highlighted that the eye exams at Crossroads Vision Care were thorough and state-of-the-art. The optometrist, Dr. Blase, and his staff took the time to review any concerns from patients and checked for potential problems. They also provided personalized solutions and recommendations for eyewear that would suit individual needs.
- Professional and knowledgeable optometrist: Reviewers praised Dr. Blase for being professional, knowledgeable, and taking the time to ensure that patients had the prescription that worked best for them. They appreciated his thoroughness in explaining the eye exam results and making sure that patients understood them.
- Efficient scheduling and minimal waiting times: Crossroads Vision Care was commended for their efficient scheduling, with minimal waiting times to be seen by the optometrist. This promptness in serving patients was appreciated by many reviewers.
- Excellent customer service and education: The staff at Crossroads Vision Care were described as providing excellent customer service and taking the time to educate patients about the eye exam process. They were helpful in choosing proper lenses and frames, and many reviewers mentioned that they would recommend the clinic to family and friends.
14791 I-35 N Ste 108-B, Selma, TX 78154
Customers report attentive service and speedy glasses turnaround at this eye care center. Staff receive high marks for friendliness. Many find the pricing affordable, even cheaper than other providers.
- Excellent customer service with friendly and helpful staff
- Fast turnaround time for glasses, with some being ready in as little as 30 minutes
- Affordable pricing and great deals, including military discounts and free backup glasses
Diamond K Eye Care, Inc.
1420 Schertz Pkwy Ste 130, Schertz, TX 78154
Diamond Eyecare on Schertz Parkway earned positive feedback for Dr. Klufas’ attentive exams. Patients appreciated the unrushed, thorough eye care. The office’s cleanliness and helpful, friendly staff were also noted. Patients strongly recommend this practice for comprehensive eye exams.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews praised the eye doctors at Diamond Eyecare for their thorough and comprehensive eye exams. Patients felt that the doctors took the time to review their medical history, ask relevant questions, and conduct thorough examinations, resulting in a high level of trust and confidence in their care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and helpful staff at Diamond Eyecare. They felt welcomed and valued as patients, with staff members going above and beyond to assist them in finding the right frames, answering their questions, and providing informative and attentive care.
- Clean and modern office: The office at Diamond Eyecare was praised for being clean, new, and modern. Patients appreciated the pleasant environment, which added to their overall positive experience and impression of the eye care center.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.