Best Eye Doctors In Richardson, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Richardson Optometrists in Richardson, Richardson, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Richardson reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Richardson.
2000 N Plano Rd Suite 111, Richardson, TX 75082, United States
Dr. Black’s eye care center draws praise for professional, friendly, and thorough eye exams. Staff like Kenny in eyeglasses are noted for exceptional helpfulness. While some critique an unhelpful front desk employee, most express satisfaction with Dr. Black’s caring service.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Black is thorough during eye exams, ensuring that patients receive quality care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional staff at the eye care center, including the front desk and eyeglasses department.
- Attention to customer needs and concerns: The staff is accommodating and takes the time to address any issues or concerns that patients may have, ensuring a positive experience.
Richardson Eye Associates
660 W Campbell Rd Suite 102, Richardson, TX 75080, United States
Richardson Eye Associates is highly recommended for their friendly, efficient staff, thorough eye exams, and clear communication about eye health. Drs. Harris and Krauss are repeatedly praised for their expertise and compassion. The practice offers a variety of glasses and contacts, though some find better prices elsewhere. Patients report an exceptionally positive, professional eye care experience.
- Friendly and efficient testing and eye exams
- Doctors take the time to explain conditions and educate patients about eye health
- Thorough and timely eye exams with knowledgeable and friendly staff
See Clear Eye Care: Farah Hassam, OD
8055 Churchill Way, Dallas, TX 75251, United States
Patients consistently compliment the doctors’ caring and thorough approach. They also appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and professional office operations. Many patients recommend this eye care center for a great exam experience.
- Caring and thorough staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff, including Dr. Hassam and Dr. Grewal, are caring, thorough, and take the time to answer all questions. They also provide clear explanations and make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and efficient service provided by the office staff. They mention that the staff is prompt in picking up phone calls and accommodating appointments. The front staff is also commended for their friendliness and willingness to explain insurance-related queries.
- Convenient and reliable care: The office is praised for its convenient hours, making it easier for patients to schedule appointments. The clinic is also known for its cleanliness. Reviewers express their satisfaction with the thoroughness of the testing and diagnostic process, ensuring their vision health is taken care of.
Stokol+Fagala Optometry, PLLC
1301 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX 75080
Stokol+Fagala Eye Care Center provides thorough, professional eye exams by knowledgeable doctors who take time to listen and ensure patients’ vision needs are met. The friendly staff assist patients through exams in a clean, calm office equipped with advanced technology and a wide selection of eyewear.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Dr. Fagala and Dr. Stokol are highly praised for their thoroughness and knowledge in performing eye exams. They take the time to address any concerns and provide detailed explanations.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, emphasizing their professionalism, kindness, and patience. The staff provide exceptional customer service and ensure a positive experience for patients.
- Convenient services: The eye care center has an on-site glasses lab and makes lenses on-site, which is seen as a convenient incentive for those in need of new glasses. They also offer a wide selection of frames to choose from.
Works Family Eye Care
601 S Plano Rd, Richardson, TX 75081, United States
Patients appreciate the eye center’s efficient 15-minute exams and friendly, professional staff who make them feel comfortable. The practice follows COVID-19 precautions including social distancing and limited capacity.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were fast and they were in and out of the office within a short amount of time.
- Friendly and professional staff: Despite some negative interactions, there were also reviews praising the front desk staff as friendly and welcoming, and some reviewers mentioned that the doctor was friendly and thorough in their examination.
- Covid safety measures: One reviewer mentioned that the office maintained social distancing guidelines and limited the number of people in the office at once, which made them feel safe during their visit.
Chandra Y Gibbs, OD
1811 N Greenville Ave #200, Richardson, TX 75081, United States
Dr. Gibbs receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for her attentive and personalized eye exams. Patients describe her as patient, thorough and adept at explaining eye health. Her kind, caring manner is frequently mentioned. However, one patient did have an unsatisfactory encounter with office staff over broken glasses. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Gibbs.
- Dr. Gibbs and her staff are welcoming, friendly, and provide excellent patient care.
- Dr. Gibbs takes the time to thoroughly explain each step of the eye exam and is knowledgeable and informative about eye health.
- The office provides a warm and friendly environment, and the staff ensures that patients understand their eye care needs.
601 S Plano Rd, Richardson, TX 75081, United States
Customers consistently applaud the friendly and helpful staff, especially eye care professionals Alex and Linh. Their expertise and dedication to providing exceptional customer service, whether adjusting frames, recommending products, or creating a pleasant visit, is universally praised. This exceptional service makes the eye care center a highly recommended choice.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff, particularly Alex and Linh, as being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the products and services offered.
- Exceptional customer service: Reviewers highlight the exceptional customer service received at this eye care center, mentioning that the staff went above and beyond to assist them with their needs and provide a positive experience.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention the quick and efficient service provided by the staff, with one reviewer mentioning being in-and-out within 15 minutes for a glasses adjustment.
1090 W Campbell Rd Suite 100, Richardson, TX 75080, United States
The highlighted positive feedback and isolated negative experience present Dr. Natalie Baek and Dr. Dan Hardin as strong options for comfortable, informative eye exams. Patients commend Dr. Baek’s advanced imaging technology and Dr. Hardin’s thorough diagnostic skills. All staff feedback was positive, except regarding one receptionist at Dr. Baek’s office.
- Knowledgeable and thorough optometrists: Multiple reviews mention that the optometrists at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Natalie Baek and Dr. Dan Hardin, are thorough in their examinations and take time to explain the results. They are described as caring, informative, and patient-centered.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and helpfulness. From receptionists to opticians, they are described as courteous, attentive, and knowledgeable about optical goods.
- Efficient and organized appointments: Several reviews mention that appointments start on time and the overall experience is efficient. Patients appreciate being seen promptly and value the proximity of the office location.
Richardson Family EyeCare & EyeWear
159 N Plano Rd, Richardson, TX 75081, United States
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, wide selection of frames, and excellent customer service. However, one negative review cites issues with customer service and questionable practices. In general, satisfied customers recommend this center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, including the optometrist who takes the time to explain the eye exam, insurance benefits, and provide recommendations for eyewear options.
- Vast selection of glasses: Reviewers appreciate the wide variety of stylish frames available, ranging from affordable options to luxury brands. They also mention being able to try on different pairs of glasses and receiving thorough explanations of pricing and lens options.
- Clean and inviting office: Several reviews comment on the cleanliness and inviting atmosphere of the office, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams and eyewear selection process.
Clarity Vision Care
1410 N Plano Rd Ste 100, Richardson, TX 75081, United States
The reviews describe a mixed experience. One details damaged glasses during an exam with denied responsibility. Another commends the thorough, high-tech eye exam and friendly, knowledgeable staff. The last applauds the doctor for finding a foreign object and the caring, patient employees.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Customers praise the eye care center for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, covering past history and current conditions. The use of advanced technology helps in individualized screening.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff members are described as warm, inviting, and efficient. They provide informative and kind service during screenings, and the doctors are personable, knowledgeable, and take the time to explain test results in detail.
- Child-friendly environment: The eye care center is commended for being patient and accommodating during eye exams for children. The staff's patience and the presence of candy jars help create a pleasant experience for young patients.
1310 W Campbell Rd #103, Richardson, TX 75080, United States
My Eye Lab has received mixed reviews. Some customers cited issues like incorrect prescriptions and pushy sales tactics, feeling scammed. However, many praised the professional, friendly staff, advanced equipment, affordable prices, and sanitization. Specific staff members were commended for excellent service. Despite negatives, My Eye Lab is still recommended by many for professional exams.
- Friendly and welcoming environment with helpful staff.
- Affordable prices for glasses, with a wide selection of frames to choose from.
- Use of advanced technology in eye exams for accurate results.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.