Best Eye Doctors In New Caney, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed New Caney Optometrists in New Caney, New Caney, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze New Caney reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in New Caney.
Berkeley Eye Center – The Woodlands
143 Vision Park Blvd, The Woodlands, TX 77384
This eye care center is generally well-regarded for its thorough and attentive doctors, who provide informative explanations during exams. The helpful staff assists customers in selecting frames. However, some complaints were made about an optician in the optical department who was described as rude and unhelpful. Despite this, the center is still recommended overall for its professional service and knowledgeable employees.
- Thorough and not rushed eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the eye care center's commitment to providing thorough and unhurried eye exams, ensuring accurate diagnoses and a better understanding of the patients' eye health.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Patients appreciate the courteous and patient-oriented approach of the staff, with mentions of their flexibility in making and keeping appointments, and their helpfulness in picking out frames or maximizing insurance coverage.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The reviews consistently praise the doctors at the eye care center for their attentiveness, knowledge, and ability to explain procedures and conditions clearly. Patients feel confident in the care and advice provided by the doctors.
Berkeley Eye Center – Kingwood
22741 Professional Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339
The eye care center was praised for its professional staff, thorough exams, and friendly service. Patients appreciated the COVID-19 precautions and were pleased with their eyeglasses and prescriptions. However, one dissatisfied customer cited issues with contact lenses and billing errors.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The eye care center is praised for having professional and knowledgeable staff members, including doctors and technicians, who provide excellent eye exams and care.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Patients appreciate that the eye exams at this center are thorough and comprehensive, allowing for a detailed assessment of their vision and overall eye health.
- Safety measures and precautions: The eye care center has implemented COVID-19 safety measures, making patients feel safe during their visits for eye exams and other services.
Houston Eye Associates
1699 Research Forest Dr #150, Shenandoah, TX 77380
The eye care center provides thorough and efficient eye exams, with knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain conditions. Patients describe friendly, professional staff who help them feel comfortable and well cared for. However, some reviews cite issues with insurance coverage and customer service.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams performed by knowledgeable and attentive doctors
- Friendly and professional staff who create a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients
- Great for kids and individuals with special needs, providing a positive and accommodating environment
Berkeley Eye Center – Atascocita
18545 W Lake Houston Pkwy, Atascocita, TX 77346
The doctors provide thorough and efficient exams. The courteous staff answers questions and offers helpful guidance. Appreciated are the short waiting times and staff professionalism. Some concerns were rushed exams and insurance coverage for glasses.
- Courteous and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors and staff at Berkeley Eye Center were courteous, attentive, and helpful. They answered questions and provided guidance throughout the eye exam process, creating a positive and professional experience.
- Efficient and quick service: Customers appreciated the efficient and quick service at Berkeley Eye Center. Many reviews mentioned short wait times, streamlined exam processes, and the ability to complete eye exams in less than an hour. This efficient service was seen as a significant improvement compared to other providers.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Customers rated the doctors at Berkeley Eye Center highly for their professionalism, clinical skills, and knowledge. They felt that the doctors provided thorough exams, gave good advice on eye care, and made them feel comfortable during the visit.
Avery Eye Clinic
400 S Loop 336 W, Conroe, TX 77304
The clinic received mixed reviews. Patients appreciated the thorough eye exams and attentive doctors like Lin and Jan. However, some cited long waits, scheduling problems, and insurance issues. The policy of seeing only two children at once also drew complaints, as did small exam rooms. Despite these concerns, the clinic was praised for resolving insurance issues and providing good customer service from staff like Joshua and Cindi.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers praised the clinic for providing comprehensive and thorough eye exams. They mentioned that the staff and doctors took their time, explained everything, and performed a wide range of tests.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviewers commented on the friendly and polite nature of the front office and back office staff. They found the staff to be patient, kind, and knowledgeable, which enhanced their overall experience.
- Excellent customer care: Some reviewers highlighted the clinic's commitment to excellent patient care. They mentioned that the doctors and staff demonstrated care and concern for all aspects of their lives, not just their eyes. This personalized attention and customer focus left a positive impression on these individuals.
Vision Source Kingwood
1714 Kingwood Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339
The majority of reviews for this eye care center mention friendly staff, thorough exams, and great service. Some reviewers appreciate the clean, inviting office. A couple negative reviews cite disrespectful staff and a canceled appointment, but most agree the center provides excellent customer service and high-quality eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and great with kids. They make patients feel comfortable and provide a gentle and fun experience, especially for young children.
- The eye exams are thorough and the doctors take the time to explain their observations and corrective actions needed. They are knowledgeable, professional, and have excellent communication skills.
- The office is clean, safe, and goes above and beyond to maintain a COVID-free environment. They also have evening hours, making it convenient for working individuals to schedule appointments.
12029 Grand Pkwy #200, New Caney, TX 77357
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for efficient eye exams and friendly staff. However, some customers report issues like long waits, delays receiving glasses, and unhelpful responses.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center goes above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service, ensuring that you have a positive experience during your eye exam and when selecting glasses.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The employees are helpful, knowledgeable, and patient, making you feel comfortable and assisting you throughout the entire process, from the eye exam to choosing frames or contact lenses.
- Affordable prices: The prices at this eye care center are affordable, even without insurance, making it a great option for those looking for a budget-friendly place to get an eye exam and purchase glasses or contact lenses.
James Eye Associates
1110 Kingwood Dr #111, Kingwood, TX 77339
The Kingwood James Eye Associates location receives stellar reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Richter. Patients describe thorough, patient eye exams in a comfortable, welcoming office. The professional, attentive staff makes patients feel valued while delivering quality eye care. Overall, reviews strongly endorse this center for comprehensive, enjoyable eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The front desk staff and doctors were friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They made patients feel comfortable and answered all their questions.
- Quick and efficient service: Patients mentioned that their appointments moved quickly and efficiently. From filling out paperwork to completing the eye exam, everything was done in a timely manner.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The doctors took their time to provide thorough eye exams, addressing all concerns and explaining the findings in detail. Patients felt confident in the results and appreciated the personalized care.
Texas State Optical
3535 Rayford Rd Ste 500, Spring, TX 77386
Customers reported satisfaction with the eye care center’s knowledgeable and polite staff, comprehensive eye exams, and extensive frame options. While some customers noted lengthy wait times and occasional prescription or adjustment errors, most strongly recommended the center for eye care and eyewear needs.
- Affordable pricing: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exams and glasses/frames at this eye care center were more affordable compared to other retail and online stores.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. They also mentioned that the staff was helpful in answering questions and making the eye exam experience comfortable, especially for children.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough and comprehensive, using state-of-the-art equipment. They felt that their vision needs were well taken care of by the optometrists.
Houston Eye Associates
333 N Rivershire Dr # 160, Conroe, TX 77304
Patients describe this eye care center as friendly, helpful, professional, and thorough. Drs. Young and Fish are often praised for making patients feel comfortable and explaining eye exams clearly. The experience is pleasant, efficient, and wait times are minimal.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, helpful, and courteous, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers highlight the thoroughness and professionalism of the doctors in conducting eye exams. They appreciate the detailed explanations and the care taken by the doctors to ensure a complete understanding of the process.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews mention specific doctors by name and praise their professionalism, expertise, and ability to make patients feel comfortable. Patients appreciate the knowledge and skill of the doctors in providing top-quality eye care.
Texas State Optical
25639 US-59, Kingwood, TX 77339
This eye care center has garnered widespread acclaim for its extensive frame selections, attentive eye exams by Dr. Owens, and accommodating staff. While most reviews were glowing, one customer felt dissatisfied with prices and service. In general, this office comes highly recommended for eye care needs.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are very thorough, ensuring that all aspects of the patients' eye health are addressed.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praise the staff at this eye care center for being friendly, welcoming, and attentive. They make the patients feel comfortable throughout their visit and provide excellent customer service.
- Fast and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the quick and efficient service at this location. Patients are seen promptly, and the staff is praised for being efficient without making the patients feel rushed.
Avery Eye Clinic
129 Vision Park Blvd Ste 110, The Woodlands, TX 77384
Avery Eye Clinic receives positive feedback for its clean facilities, knowledgeable doctors, and comprehensive eye exams. Patients describe the staff as friendly and attentive. The clinic follows COVID-19 safety protocols. However, some patients report billing issues and long appointment wait times. Despite these concerns, most recommend Avery for quality eye care.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Avery Eye Clinic were knowledgeable, thorough, and performed informative exams. This indicates a high level of expertise and attention to detail in providing eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff at Avery Eye Clinic, including the receptionists, assistants, and opticians. This suggests a positive and welcoming atmosphere, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Compassionate and patient-oriented doctors: A few reviewers specifically mentioned that the doctors, such as Dr. Wilkerson and Dr. Andrew Dvorak, were compassionate, patient-oriented, and took the time to listen to their concerns. This indicates a personalized approach to eye care and a focus on patient satisfaction.
Creekside Family Eye Care | Dr. Andrew To, OD
26400 Kuykendahl Rd Suite A190, The Woodlands, TX 77375
Creekside Family Eyecare receives overwhelmingly positive feedback. Patients describe Dr. To and staff as helpful and patient, adeptly handling emergencies. Eye exams are thorough and staff professional. One dissatisfied customer cited issues with a prescription purchase and customer service. Overall, patients recommend Creekside for its excellent service, knowledgeable staff, and extensive eyewear selection.
- The staff at Creekside Family Eyecare are helpful, patient, and accommodating when it comes to scheduling appointments, especially for emergencies.
- The eye doctors at this location, Dr. To and Dr. Le, provide thorough and efficient eye exams, taking the time to explain the results and educate patients about their eye health.
- The staff is friendly and welcoming, particularly when dealing with younger children, making the experience of getting an eye exam comfortable and easy for both children and parents.
- The clinic is clean, organized, and equipped with state-of-the-art technology, ensuring a complete and accurate eye examination.
- There is a wide variety of frames available, ranging from affordable to high-end options, giving patients plenty of choices when it comes to picking out glasses.
- Patients appreciate the professionalism, efficiency, and superior customer service provided by the staff at Creekside Family Eyecare.
- The clinic is prompt in attending to medical issues, and the doctors are able to quickly diagnose and provide the necessary help.
- Dr. To is knowledgeable, detailed, and takes the time to explain everything to patients, ensuring they have a thorough understanding of their eye health.
- The staff at Creekside Family Eyecare are friendly, efficient, and ensure that each patient is comfortable and well-informed throughout their visit.
20131 US-59 #2416b, Humble, TX 77338
The eye care center receives largely positive reviews for efficient, quick service and timely eye exams. Patients commend the doctors for professionalism, expertise and attentive care. A few critiques cite incorrect prescriptions and rushed exam thoroughness.
- Efficient service, with quick eye exams and minimal waiting time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable optometrists, who explain procedures thoroughly and engage with patients.
- Staff that follows CDC guidelines and prioritizes customer satisfaction.
Spring Eye Care
3440 Riley Fuzzel Rd, Spring, TX 77386
Despite some complaints about billing, staff, and cancellations, most patients recommend this eye care center and its doctors for Dr. Cox’s expertise, the staff’s friendliness, and the practice’s quality care.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Dr. Cox is highly knowledgeable and takes the time to fully understand each patient's vision needs. He explains everything in detail and provides thorough eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Spring Eye Care is exceptional, providing friendly and helpful service from check-in to check-out. They make the entire process easy and enjoyable.
- Excellent service and personalized care: Patients highly recommend Spring Eye Care for the quality of care they receive. Dr. Cox and his staff prioritize their patients' needs and provide personalized care, whether it's for routine eye exams or more specialized eye issues.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.