Best Eye Doctors In Mesquite, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mesquite Optometrists in Mesquite, Mesquite, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mesquite reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mesquite.
1515 N Town E Blvd #523, Mesquite, TX 75150
While the eye care center is well-regarded for its friendly staff and efficient exams, a few customers have voiced concerns over rude doctors, prescription issues, and high out-of-pocket prices.
- Quick and thorough appointments.
- Friendly and professional staff.
- Helpful and knowledgeable in explaining insurance coverage and options for frames.
- Efficient and prompt service for eye exams and glasses fitting.
- Clean and organized facility with newer technology.
- Wide variety of glasses to choose from.
- Competitive prices, especially if insurance is used.
18640 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy # 101, Mesquite, TX 75150
The eye center is lauded for its warm, attentive staff, thorough exams, and personalized care from Dr. Choi. However, some patients noted longer wait times.
- Friendly and caring staff who communicate effectively and provide thorough eye exams.
- The doctors are professional, kind, and understanding, taking the time to explain diagnoses, treatments, and procedures in an approachable way.
- The office is well-organized, with short wait times and efficient appointments.
1765 N Town E Blvd #112, Mesquite, TX 75150
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly and professional service, affordable prices, attentive and helpful staff, wide selection of frames, and quick turnaround times for glasses.
- Based on the reviews, here are 2-3 pros for the eye care center:
- Friendly and attentive staff: Many reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and providing good customer service during the eye exam process.
- Affordable prices: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center offers competitive prices for both eye exams and glasses, with some customers getting good deals and taking advantage of promotions.
- Large variety of frames: Some reviews mention that the eye care center has a wide selection of frames to choose from, providing customers with options when it comes to finding the right pair of glasses.
Sweeney Eye Associates
2858 N Belt Line Rd STE 200, Sunnyvale, TX 75182
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its thorough, professional staff and knowledgeable doctors. A few negative reviews cite long waits and unexpected bills, but these issues appear uncommon.
- Professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is professional and knowledgeable, providing thorough eye exams and quality care.
- Efficient and organized: Patients appreciate that this eye care center runs close to scheduled appointment times and has friendly and professional employees. The doctors also ensure that patients understand the tests and treatments specific to their needs.
- Accommodating and caring: Some reviews mention positive experiences with the staff's kindness and understanding. They were helpful in emergency situations, accommodating to new patients, and provided a pleasant experience overall.
Key-Whitman Eye Center
18661 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #400, Mesquite, TX 75150
The eye care center is known for its excellent customer service, short wait times, and thorough exams performed by friendly, knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable.
- Friendly and professional staff - Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, helpful, and courteous. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams - Many reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams provided at this location. Patients appreciate that the staff takes the time to explain each test and procedure, ensuring that they understand their condition and treatment options.
2124 Town East Mall, Mesquite, TX 75150
The eye care center provides exceptional customer service, with staff going above and beyond to assist clients. Patients appreciate the center’s willingness to exchange and adjust glasses until fully satisfied. Doctors take time to inform and attend to patients’ needs. Overall, customers have had positive experiences at the caring, attentive eye care center.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the kind and helpful staff, with one customer specifically praising the optometrist for their awesome service.
- Quick turnaround: Several reviews mention receiving their glasses the same day or having frames and lenses ready within a short period of time, indicating efficient service.
610 N Town E Blvd Suite 100, Mesquite, TX 75150
The eye care center is well-reviewed for its friendly, professional staff and doctors who take time to explain conditions and answer questions. However, some customers cite issues like long wait times and poor service from select staff. Most customers leave satisfied.
- The office is gorgeous and welcoming, creating a pleasant atmosphere for eye exams and eye care.
- The staff, including the receptionists, technicians, and doctors, are friendly and provide excellent customer service, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visit.
- The doctors, such as Dr. Hall and Dr. Fain, are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to explain conditions and treatments to patients, offering a high level of care.
Master Eye Associates – Mesquite
1076A Town East Mall, Mesquite, TX 75150
The Mesquite Town East Mall location received mostly positive feedback regarding its friendly staff and comprehensive eye exams. Despite one complaint of longer wait times, reviewers appreciated the knowledgeable and polite service. However, a billing issue and assertive upselling techniques were cited in a negative review.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center is extremely friendly, professional, and welcoming. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: Many reviewers appreciate the doctors at this location for taking the time to thoroughly examine their eyes and explain their findings. They are knowledgeable, informative, and address any concerns or questions patients may have.
- Efficient service and short wait times: Several reviewers mention that the service at this eye care center is fast and efficient. They appreciate the quick check-in process, short wait times to see the doctor, and timely completion of the eye exams.
Vision Source Mesquite
1220 N Town E Blvd #220, Mesquite, TX 75150
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough exams, efficient staff, and Dr. Robertson’s knowledgeable, friendly care. A few customers cited issues with billing and rare unprofessional conduct, but the majority highly recommend the center for its excellent service.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this eye care center are thorough and do not take very long.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers compliment the staff at this eye care center for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the procedures and products they offer.
- Trustworthy and experienced optometrist: Several reviews specifically mention Dr. Rodney L. Robertson as a trusted optometrist with many years of experience. Patients have been going to him for eye exams and eyewear for years and highly recommend him.
Dat Nguyen, O.D.
3434 Towne Crossing Blvd #112, Mesquite, TX 75150
Dr. Nguyen provides thorough and informative eye exams. His clear explanations, sense of humor and friendly manner are appreciated by patients. His staff is professional and friendly, creating a consistently positive patient experience.
- Dr. Nguyen provides thorough and detailed eye examinations, explaining findings clearly.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and professional.
- Dr. Nguyen has a great sense of humor and creates a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
Steven Reinecke, MD
18640 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy # 101, Mesquite, TX 75150
Dr. Reinecke provides attentive, personalized eye care, though appointments may involve some wait. Patients appreciate his friendly manner and professional expertise. Overall, reviewers recommend this highly rated eye care center.
- Friendly and respectful staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at the eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and helpful. This creates a pleasant and comfortable environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctor: Dr. Reinecke is praised for his knowledge, expertise, and willingness to answer questions. Patients feel that he is thorough in explaining their eye conditions and makes them feel at ease.
- Efficient and minimal waiting times: Several reviews mention that the office runs on time and appointments are punctual. This indicates that the eye care center values their patients' time and strives for an efficient experience.
Visionworks Town East Mall
1076 Town East Mall, Mesquite, TX 75150
Most customers report a positive experience at this eye care center, highlighting the helpful staff, quick exams, and good service. However, some negative reviews cite rude staff, issues with glasses, and problems with insurance and appointments.
- Helpful and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, with special mentions of Bernice and Carla. They are described as patient, kind, and going out of their way to ensure a positive experience.
- Thorough eye exams: Dr. Robertson is praised for his caring, kind, and thorough approach during eye exams. One reviewer even credits him for diagnosing a potential issue and referring them to another center for further treatment.
- Great selection of frames: Cat is highlighted for her assistance in picking out frames and making the process enjoyable. The retail staff is praised for outstanding service and helping customers find the perfect frames.
Optimal Family Eye Care, PLLC
1629 N Town E Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75150
Dr. Kastner provides quality eye care with a personal touch. Her knowledge, friendliness and attentiveness put patients at ease in her welcoming, family-friendly office. Patients commend the thorough exams and caring staff. One review cited poor customer service regarding cancellation fees. Overall, Dr. Kastner comes highly recommended for professional, compassionate eye care.
- Dr. Kastner is friendly, knowledgeable, and genuinely cares about her patients' health.
- The office is welcoming, professional, and family-friendly, providing a comfortable atmosphere for eye exams.
- The receptionist and staff are helpful, kind, and make patients feel at home.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.