Best Eye Doctors In Marshall, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Marshall Optometrists in Marshall, Marshall, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Marshall reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Marshall.
Longview Eye Associates
1821 Judson Rd, Longview, TX 75605
Longview Eye Associates receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and thorough, informative eye exams that put customers at ease. However, one negative review citing an unprofessional experience merits attention. Overall, Longview appears to deliver quality eye care and a pleasant exam experience.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Longview Eye Associates is friendly, welcoming, and professional. Patients felt comfortable and well-cared for throughout their eye exams.
- Thorough and Informative Eye Exams: Many reviewers praised the doctors for their thoroughness in explaining the eye exam process and findings. They felt that their vision was properly assessed, and tests were conducted that they had never seen before, indicating a comprehensive approach to eye care.
- Clean and Inviting Environment: The office was consistently described as clean, inviting, and comfortable. The waiting area was bright and tidy, with magazines for patients to enjoy while waiting. This suggests that the environment at Longview Eye Associates is pleasant and conducive to a positive experience.
Heaton Eye Associates
3415 Golden Rd, Tyler, TX 75701
Heaton Eye Associates receives positive feedback for their professional and friendly staff, thorough eye exams, and individualized patient care. Patients mention satisfaction with Drs. Marshall, Nickel, and Guenther. The clinic makes patients feel comfortable and calm.
- In-network with insurance: Many reviewers mentioned that Heaton Eye Associates is in-network with their insurance, making it convenient and cost-effective for routine eye exams and eye care.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Several reviewers praised the doctors and staff for providing highly professional and thorough eye exams, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care for their eyes.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers highlighted the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at Heaton Eye Associates, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment for patients during their appointments.
Heaton Eye Associates
2394 H G Mosley Pkwy, Longview, TX 75604
This eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough exams, and good customer service. Patients comment favorably on the care provided by Drs. Spindle and Levi in particular. Reviewers also note short wait times and helpful staff when selecting eyewear.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, patient, and knowledgeable.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location.
- Good customer service: Despite some negative experiences, there were also reviewers who mentioned positive experiences with the customer service provided by the staff at this eye care center.
Wallis Dermatology Associates
1900 S Washington Ave ste e, Marshall, TX 75670
Wallis Dermatology receives excellent reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and professional, customer-focused care. Patients recommend Dr. Fite and Kim Calderon for thorough, efficient eye exams. The office comes highly recommended for eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Professional and customer service oriented
- Thorough exams and explanations
Vision Source of Marshall
3905 Victory Dr, Marshall, TX 75672
This eye care center receives consistently positive reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients report thorough eye exams utilizing advanced equipment. Many enthusiastically recommend the doctors and staff, citing outstanding customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate their professionalism and the personal attention they receive during their visits.
- Thorough and state-of-the-art eye exams: Many reviews highlight the thoroughness and quality of the eye exams at this location. Patients feel confident in the accuracy of their prescriptions and appreciate the use of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Great selection of eyewear: Several reviews mention the wide selection of eyewear available at this eye care center. Patients appreciate being able to choose from a variety of frames and lenses, and the staff is helpful in assisting with the selection process.
West Vision: Jacob West, OD
2547 Elkton Trail, Tyler, TX 75703
The eye care center is highly recommended for its exceptional service, emphasis on expertise and thoroughness, state-of-the-art technology, and detailed explanations during eye exams. However, one patient expressed frustration with frame ordering and clip-on sunglasses service.
- Thorough and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. West and his staff are thorough, knowledgeable, and take the time to explain the findings of the eye exam. This ensures that patients feel confident about their vision care and any necessary corrections.
- Top-notch service and professionalism: Many reviews highlight the professionalism and top-notch service provided by the clinic and staff. Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful nature of the staff and describe the overall experience as the best they've had with any doctor.
- State-of-the-art technology and options: Dr. West is praised for using state-of-the-art tools and technology during the eye exams. Patients mention the use of advanced equipment that allows for a comprehensive exam without having to dilate their eyes. The clinic also offers options such as neurolenses, which have been described as life-changing for patients struggling with migraines.
Marshall Eye Associates
2306 E End Blvd S, Marshall, TX 75672
Marshall Eye Associates is highly recommended for their attentive eye doctors, easy appointment booking, punctual and thorough exams, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and personalized, quality care. Patients feel welcomed and cared for in the professional yet warm atmosphere.
- Easy appointment scheduling and timely appointments
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough eye exams
- Warm, welcoming, and accommodating atmosphere with a focus on patient needs and affordability
3636 McKinney Ave #120, Dallas, TX 75204
The first customer reported issues with delayed glasses and unclear communication. The second commended the office’s professional and friendly staff, namely Dr. Zeller and the receptionist. The third highlighted a positive exam with Dr. Orm and the staff’s assistance in utilizing vision insurance, along with thoughtful COVID precautions.
- Professional and friendly customer service
- Thorough eye exams with knowledgeable doctors
- Attentive and knowledgeable staff who offer personalized recommendations for glasses and lenses
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.