Best Eye Doctors In Lufkin, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lufkin Optometrists in Lufkin, Lufkin, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lufkin reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lufkin.
111 N Timberland Dr, Lufkin, TX 75901
The eye care center is well-regarded for its helpful and respectful staff. Customers highlight the clean and organized facility, wide product selection, and reasonable prices.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the courteous and respectful behavior of the employees, which creates a positive experience for customers.
- Good prices and quality products: Many customers appreciate the value and quality of the items available at the eye care center, making it a worthwhile place to seek eye care and eye exams.
- Clean and organized store: Customers mention that the eye care center is clean, well-maintained, and organized, which adds to the overall positive experience.
Angelina Eye Center
2801 S John Redditt Dr, Lufkin, TX 75904
The Angelina Eye Center receives mostly positive reviews for their knowledgeable doctors, informative eye exams, and helpful staff. A couple customers had issues with insurance billing and unexpected fees. In general, patients were pleased with the eye exams and frame selection.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors
- Quick and efficient service
Vision Care: Gina T. Do, OD
6839 Hwy 6 N, Houston, TX 77084
The reviews commend the eye care center for its friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough service. Patients particularly appreciate the optometrists for their excellence and for explaining eye exam results. The staff receives praise for helping select frames and delivering superb customer service. In summary, reviewers highly recommend this professional, caring, and pleasant eye care center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams using the latest technologies.
- Staff takes the time to explain results and help with frame selection.
3709 S Medford Dr, Lufkin, TX 75901
Customers have had largely positive experiences at Eyemart Express, highlighting the helpful and friendly staff. The eye doctors provide thorough exams, and customers appreciate the broad selection of frames. The service is prompt, with glasses often ready within an hour or two. One negative review cited issues with management and customer service.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and friendly nature of the staff, from the doctors to the frame consultants. Customers feel welcomed and well taken care of throughout their visit.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers praise the speed and efficiency of the eye exams and glasses processing. Some even mention having their glasses ready within an hour or less. Short wait times and fast turnaround are highlighted as positive aspects of the eye care center.
- Wide selection of frames: Several customers mention the variety and quality of frames available at the eye care center. They appreciate having many options to choose from, ensuring they can find the right fit and style for themselves and their family members.
4810 North St, Nacogdoches, TX 75965
King Vision offers a welcoming atmosphere with respectful, friendly staff. Their knowledgeable professionals conduct thorough yet efficient eye exams, clearly explaining each step. Customers appreciate their professionalism and ability to accommodate appointments. Highly recommended for eye care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center. Patients feel welcomed and well taken care of by the courteous and knowledgeable staff.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and how the procedures are explained step-by-step. The optometrist takes the time to answer questions and ensure a comfortable and informative experience.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Patients remark on the ease of getting appointments and the punctuality of the eye exams. The office values the patient's time, providing a streamlined and efficient visit.
3107 TPC Pkwy #101, San Antonio, TX 78259
Dr. Robison provides professional, thorough eye exams and clearly explains the process. The friendly, helpful office staff contribute to an excellent experience with minimal wait times, clean facilities, and personalized care. One customer reported an issue with the staff’s insurance coverage knowledge.
- Dr. Robison is professional, personable, and provides thorough eye exams. He uses modern technology and has alternative methods to check eyes without dilation, which is a huge bonus for many people.
- The office staff is nice, helpful, and polite. They assist with selecting the perfect glasses and even send handwritten thank you notes. The wait time is minimal, and the office is clean and organized.
- Dr. Robison and his staff offer excellent customer service, going above and beyond to ensure that patients' eye care needs are met. They are accommodating, take the time to answer questions, and provide personalized care.
4200 S Medford Dr, Lufkin, TX 75901
The eye care center provides a fresh, clean environment with friendly, helpful staff. Customers appreciate the cleanliness, organization, and great selection. Many describe it as a happy place and a weekly highlight.
- The store is described as clean, fresh, and well-maintained, creating an inviting atmosphere for customers.
- The staff is frequently mentioned as friendly, helpful, and providing great customer service.
- The store offers a Starbucks, which is appreciated by customers for a convenient refreshment option.
Eye Center of Jasper
617 E Gibson St, Jasper, TX 75951
Patients appreciate the inviting and comfortable office environment. The knowledgeable staff provide friendly service and thorough eye exams. While most reviews are positive, some mention issues with phone etiquette and denied sunglass prescriptions. Overall, patients recommend this eye care center for its high-quality care.
- The staff is helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly, making patients feel welcomed and taken care of.
- The doctors are thorough in their exams and take the time to explain their findings to patients, ensuring they understand their eye health.
- The office environment is inviting and cozy, creating a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients.
20/20 Eye Care
3915 NE Stallings Dr, Nacogdoches, TX 75965
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback, with customers highlighting the friendly, efficient staff and comprehensive eye exams. Drs. Vardeman and Rudasill are repeatedly commended for their expertise and attentive care. Though one reviewer reported a lengthy wait for a brief appointment, most recommend the center for its personalized, professional service.
- The staff at 20/20 Eye Care is described as friendly, kind, and professional.
- Both Dr. Vardeman and Dr. Rudasill are highly recommended by multiple reviewers for their thoroughness, knowledge, and attentiveness.
- Patients appreciate the efforts made by the office to ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience, including a well-kept and calming environment.
Retina & Vitreous of Texas, PLLC
1105 W Frank Ave Suite 300, Lufkin, TX 75904
The eye care center is known for its clean and welcoming atmosphere. Patients report that the doctors are professional, thorough and personable. They take time to address all patient concerns while providing excellent care. The friendly, efficient staff help make each visit a positive experience. Patients strongly recommend this center for its exceptional service and care.
- Immaculately clean office with a welcoming atmosphere.
- Professional and thorough doctors who take the time to answer all concerns and explain in detail.
- Friendly and caring staff who provide exceptional service and care.
1208 N University Dr #105, Nacogdoches, TX 75961
The Nacogdoches eye care center is lauded for affordable exams and attentive staff who aid clients with insurance and budgeting. Specific staff like Devaughn, Jessica, and Jocelyn are commended for exceptional service. Patients recommend this location for its extensive frame selection, fair pricing, and excellent customer care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being polite, kind, and attentive.
- Affordable pricing: One reviewer mentioned that the pricing at this location is surprisingly affordable, especially for those without insurance.
- Quick and efficient process: Some reviewers mentioned that the eye exam process was quick and easy, and the overall experience was efficient.
Jimmy D Robertson Od
3709 S Medford Dr, Lufkin, TX 75901
The eye care center employs Dr. Robertson, whose attentive and understanding manner puts patients at ease. Patients describe the staff as welcoming and helpful. Fast service and affordable glasses add to the value. This practice comes highly recommended for comprehensive eye care.
- The staff is amazing, kind, and personable, creating a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Dr. Robertson is highly praised for his expertise and ability to explain conditions in a thorough and understandable manner.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.