Best Eye Doctors In Killeen, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Killeen Optometrists in Killeen, Killeen, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Killeen reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Killeen.
3007 E Central Texas Expy Ste 100, Killeen, TX 76543, United States
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and same-day eye exams and glasses. However, one reviewer reported a long wait time and unprofessional service.
- Dr. Prince is a wonderful doctor who takes his time with eye exams and is easy to talk to.
- The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional, providing great customer service.
- The eye exams are efficient and the glasses are ready quickly, including same-day service.
First Eye Care Killeen
3124 E Central Texas Expy, Killeen, TX 76543, United States
First Eye Care provides quality eye exams and exceptional service. Reviewers describe the staff and doctors as professional, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They perform thorough exams using state-of-the-art equipment. The clinic offers a wide selection of frames in a clean, comfortable setting. Many reviewers plan to return annually.
- The staff and doctors at First Eye Care are highly professional, welcoming, and personable. They provide excellent, thorough eye exams.
- The eye care clinic has state-of-the-art equipment for eye exams and a wide selection of frames to choose from.
- The doctors take the time to explain exam results, address concerns, and provide detailed instructions. The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful throughout the entire experience.
3007 E Central Texas Expy Ste 101, Killeen, TX 76543, United States
Reviews indicate a mixed experience with eye exams, ranging from rushed and unhelpful to thorough and friendly. Some praise the knowledgeable staff and speedy service for exams and glasses, while a few report issues with incorrect prescriptions or disregard of patient concerns. Overall, most reviewers recommend this office for professional, efficient eye care and friendly customer service.
- Efficient and speedy service: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams were quick and the staff was able to provide fast service, making it a convenient option for those with busy schedules.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and professional attitude of the staff, including the optometrists. They felt comfortable and well-cared for during their visit.
- Good customer service: Several reviews mention positive experiences with the customer service, with staff members taking the time to answer questions and explain results, as well as helping with insurance processing and scheduling appointments.
1801 E Central Texas Expy #8, Killeen, TX 76543, United States
The eye care center received mixed reviews. Some praised the friendly staff, quick exams, wide selection of affordable glasses, and cleanliness. Others complained about rude staff, long waits, issues with exams and glasses orders, and poor service overall.
- Fast and efficient service: Many reviewers mentioned that they were able to get their eye exams and glasses quickly, often on the same day. They appreciated the convenience and time-saving aspect of the service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviewers praised the staff members for being friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They felt supported and well-assisted throughout the process, with specific mentions of staff members who provided exceptional service.
- Competitive prices and deals: Numerous reviewers mentioned that the prices at this eye care center were reasonable and competitive. Some even mentioned special deals, such as a $59 special for an exam and two pairs of glasses. Many appreciated the affordability of the eyewear options.
2609 N Main St, Belton, TX 76513, United States
The staff receives positive feedback for their friendliness, attentiveness, and personalized care. Patients find the eye exams thorough and the doctor helpful. Satisfactory prices and selection of glasses are also noted.
- Friendly and personalized service: One review mentions that the staff is friendly, interested in providing one-on-one care, and ensuring the best answers for eye exams and daily eye care.
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctor: Another review highlights a positive experience with a doctor (likely Dr. Wagner) who was nice, friendly, and made the patient feel comfortable during a routine eye exam and glasses fitting.
- Efficient and timely appointment: One reviewer mentioned that their annual eye exam went smoothly and on time, and insurance covered the visit. The reviewer specifically thanked Dr. Wagner and David for their help.
2806 S W S Young Dr Ste A, Killeen, TX 76542, United States
Patients praise the attentive doctors who thoroughly examine eyes and address concerns. The friendly, professional staff receives positive reviews. However, some criticize the rude receptionists, unprofessional management, and issues getting prescriptions filled.
- The doctors take their time during eye exams and don't rush patients, resulting in a genuine prescription and improved vision.
- The staff is friendly, attentive, and helpful, providing informative answers to questions and ensuring a streamlined and professional experience.
- The wait times are minimal, appointments are easily scheduled online, and the process is fast and efficient, making it a convenient choice for eye care.
304 US-190 BUS, Copperas Cove, TX 76522, United States
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its knowledgeable and friendly staff, particularly Dr. Young. Patients frequently mention the office’s cleanliness, efficient exams, and courteous customer service that puts them at ease.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were polite, courteous, and professional. They were also described as being helpful and knowledgeable, making the overall experience pleasant.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye exams provided by the optometrist at this location. They mentioned that the exams were thorough and efficient, with one reviewer even describing it as the most thorough eye exam they had ever received.
- Clean and inviting office: Several reviewers commented on the cleanliness and inviting atmosphere of the office. This gave them a positive impression of the eye care center and made them feel comfortable during their visits.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
201 E Central Expressway Suite 2110, Harker Heights, TX 76548, United States
The eye care center receives positive feedback for easy appointment scheduling, a wide selection of frames, knowledgeable and efficient staff, and affordable pricing. Customers mention friendly and helpful staff like Melinda and Vanessa for excellent service. Dr. Chen draws praise for his warm manner and informative consultations. Patients recommend this center for comprehensive eye exams and stylish, budget-friendly glasses.
- Great frame selection and pricing variety - customers appreciated the wide range of frames available and the competitive pricing options.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - multiple reviews mentioned the staff being pleasant, quick, and knowledgeable, providing a positive customer service experience.
- Excellent customer service and support - one review specifically highlighted the awesome customer service and support received, with the staff going above and beyond to resolve any issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
Visionworks Killeen Mall
2100 S W S Young Dr #1000, Killeen, TX 76543, United States
Customers appreciate the helpful service from staff at this eye care center, especially Theo, Luis, Shay, and Jeanine. The center is positively reviewed for quick glasses turnaround and good deals.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and attentive customer service they received from the staff at this eye care center. They felt important, valued, and well taken care of.
- Quick turnaround time: Several reviewers praised the quick turnaround time for getting their glasses. They were impressed with how fast the lab was able to make their glasses and appreciated the prompt service.
- Affordable prices and good deals: Multiple reviewers mentioned that this eye care center offered good deals on glasses, making them affordable. They were able to get high-quality glasses at a reasonable price, including special lenses like transitional progressive bifocals.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.