Best Eye Doctors In Brownwood, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Brownwood Optometrists in Brownwood, Brownwood, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Brownwood reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Brownwood.
Hendrick Urgent Care – Brownwood
400 E Commerce St, Brownwood, TX 76801
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its professional and caring staff, quick service, and thorough exams. Reviewers describe the facilities as clean and the employees as friendly. However, one patient expressed frustration with insurance limitations, and another disappointment about being locked out before closing.
- The staff at Hendrick Urgent Care of Brownwood displays professionalism and genuine care for patients, making them feel valued and not just a number.
- The nurse practitioners and nurses listen attentively to patients' medical problems and act quickly to provide care, resulting in shorter wait times and efficient service.
- The clinic is clean and the staff is friendly, creating a pleasant and comfortable environment for patients seeking eye care and exams.
City Eye Care
107 N 8th St, Ballinger, TX 76821
Dr. Robbins provides attentive and thorough eye exams at City Eye Care. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable professionals who efficiently attend to each person‚Äôs needs.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctor: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Robbins is thorough, asks the right questions, and explains everything well. Patients feel confident in his ability to provide excellent eye care.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at City Eye Care. Patients feel comfortable and appreciated throughout their visit.
- Excellent customer service: The office staff and nurses are praised for their friendliness and efficiency. Patients appreciate the professional yet friendly atmosphere and feel like they are a priority.
Big Country Eye Center
4342 Treanor Dr, Abilene, TX 79602
Patients praise the eye care center’s thorough exams, personalized attention, and doctors who take time to explain findings and plans. They appreciate the excellent service, professional yet friendly staff, and overall pleasant, reassuring experience.
- The doctors and staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and take the time to listen to your concerns.
- The eye exams are comprehensive and thorough, with advanced technological aspects.
- Great customer service, with staff who go above and beyond to help and make you feel comfortable.
Lone Star Eye Associates
4310 Buffalo Gap Rd Ste 1450, Abilene, TX 79606
Reviews for these eye doctor offices show mixed patient experiences. While some praise the friendliness and professionalism of staff and doctors, others cite issues like unprofessional front desk staff behavior, insurance misinformation, prescription problems, and concerns not being adequately addressed. However, Dr. Carson’s team was commended for promptness and excellent service with children.
- Friendly and helpful staff: One reviewer mentioned that the staff is always friendly, helpful, and courteous. They also mentioned that the staff is patient and accommodating, especially with children.
- Great eye doctor: Another reviewer praised Dr. Carson for his excellent care and professionalism. They mentioned that he takes good care of their eyes and promptly addresses any problems or concerns. They expressed a desire to continue seeing Dr. Carson for the long term.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: A reviewer mentioned that once they got past the administrative issues, the eye exam itself was quick and efficient. They commended the doctor for their thoroughness and attention to detail during the examination process.
Elevated Eye Care
1750 E Common St Suite 1201, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Elevated Eye Care provides customized experiences and quality care with thorough exams and excellent explanations. Reviewers commend the friendly staff, welcoming office, and knowledgeable doctors, like Dr. Jennifer. This exemplary eye care is a must for those seeking comprehensive exams and personable service.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The doctors at Elevated Eye Care are praised for their expertise and ability to thoroughly explain eye exams and treatments to patients. They take the time to address any concerns and provide clear and detailed explanations.
- Friendly and personable staff: The staff at Elevated Eye Care is described as friendly, kind, and patient. They make patients feel welcome and comfortable during their visits. They also go above and beyond to accommodate the needs and preferences of patients, creating a positive and pleasant experience.
- Comprehensive and modern eye exams: Patients appreciate the comprehensive nature of the eye exams at Elevated Eye Care. They feel that the exams are thorough and leave them with a better understanding of their vision and eye health. The office is also equipped with modern and up-to-date equipment, adding to the quality of the exams.
310 Early Blvd, Early, TX 76802
The first customer was dissatisfied with the glasses quality and customer service, requesting a refund. The second customer commended Dr. Johnson and staff for professionalism and outstanding service during an exam. The third customer was frustrated by the lack of mask-wearing in the waiting room and being denied an exam without one.
- Dr. Johnson is an excellent doctor who listens to her patients and provides a thorough examination.
- The staff is friendly, patient, and professional, making the experience pleasant for customers.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
401 W Commerce St, Brownwood, TX 76801
The Brownwood eye care center received glowing reviews for its helpful and friendly staff, especially Ram and Lexie. Customers appreciated timely service, affordable products, and thorough exams. The sole complaint mentioned delayed contact lenses and poor communication, but most praised the staff, eyewear selection, and quality service.
- The employees at the vision center are amazing, helpful, and friendly.
- The staff goes above and beyond to assist with eye glass needs, including difficult insurance situations.
- They provide timely service, a good selection of frames, and offer warranties for products.
Central Texas Eye Care
1020 4th St, Goldthwaite, TX 76844
This eye care center was highly regarded for its knowledgeable and friendly doctors, thorough exams, and professional staff. The consistent positive feedback emphasized the excellent service and quality care they provide.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for its friendly and knowledgeable staff. This indicates that customers can expect a warm and helpful environment when seeking eye care services.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Several reviews mentioned the presence of state-of-the-art equipment at this eye care center. This can be a significant advantage as it implies that customers will receive accurate and advanced diagnostic and treatment options during their eye exams.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.