Best LASIK Surgeon In Hermitage, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hermitage LASIK Surgeons in Hermitage, Hermitage, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hermitage reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hermitage.
Wang Vision Institute Nashville
1801 West End Ave #1150, Nashville, TN 37203
Current Specials: Free Educational Webinar
Patients describe Drs. Guduru and Jones as kind and informative. Coordinators Clare, Kayla, Cameron, and Suzanne Gentry impressed patients with helpful attitudes exceeding expectations. Many share high satisfaction with Wang Vision Institute’s procedures and staff, recommending the practice.
- Highly skilled and caring surgeons: Multiple reviews mention the skill and expertise of the surgeons at Wang Vision Institute, particularly Dr. Guduru, Dr. Jones, and Dr. Wang. Patients appreciate their knowledge, kindness, and ability to make them feel comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff, including coordinators like Clare, Kayla, and Cameron, receive praise for their helpfulness, professionalism, and willingness to answer questions. Reviewers feel supported throughout the entire process and appreciate the excellent patient care provided.
- Great results and life-changing experience: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of their LASIK or SMILE procedures, reporting improved vision exceeding their expectations. They feel that the surgery has positively affected their quality of life by allowing them to see clearly without glasses or contacts.
- Note: These pros are condensed and paraphrased from various reviews for the purpose of providing a summary.
Loden Vision Centers – Nashville Office
2501 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212
Patients consistently recommend this highly skilled lasik surgery practice, reporting excellent experiences including 20/20 or better vision, friendly staff, and knowledgeable surgeons. They are praised as the best in the business.
- Highly efficient and friendly staff - Many reviewers mentioned the staff at the lasik surgeon practice to be highly efficient and friendly. This can contribute to a positive experience and help patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Successful procedures and great results - Several reviewers had successful procedures conducted by the lasik surgeons at this practice and expressed satisfaction with the results. This can give potential patients confidence in the surgeon's expertise and the likelihood of achieving desired outcomes.
- Knowledgeable and honest doctors - Reviewers appreciated the knowledge and honesty displayed by the doctors at the lasik surgeon practice. This can be important for patients who value transparency and want a surgeon who will provide accurate information and suggest appropriate treatment options.
Loden Vision Centers – Goodlettsville Office
520 Rivergate Pkwy, Goodlettsville, TN 37072
The lasik surgeon practice is commended for their welcoming staff and medical expertise. Patients report smooth, successful procedures from knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Loden. Overall, patients feel cared for and confident in their vision correction.
- Welcoming and friendly staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff at the lasik surgeon practice for being wonderful, sweet, kind, and professional. They were described as making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Efficient and painless procedure: Several reviews mentioned that the LASIK procedure was quick, easy, and painless. Patients were amazed at how fast and smooth the procedure went, with some experiencing improved vision even on the day after the surgery.
- Excellent results and expertise: Many reviews highlighted the successful outcomes of the surgeries performed by the lasik surgeon. Patients reported improved vision, with some achieving 20/20 vision. The surgeons were described as knowledgeable, thorough, and skilled in explaining the procedures and answering questions.
Vision for Life: Jeffrey D. Horn, M.D.
4230 Harding Pike g6, Nashville, TN 37205
The lasik surgeon practice at Vision for Life provides exceptional care from knowledgeable staff. Patients highly recommend Dr. Horn for his expertise and attentive manner. Many describe the experience as seamless and convenient, with significant vision improvements.
- Extremely professional and competent staff
- Excellent care before, during, and after surgery
- Outstanding results, with improved vision and 20/20 clarity
Loden Vision Centers – Gallatin Office
1198 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066
The lasik surgeon practice was highly praised for Dr. Parker’s clear explanations, friendly manner, and attentiveness to patient concerns. Patients appreciated the clinic’s efficient service and found the receptionists welcoming, technicians expert and thorough, and other staff knowledgeable, caring, and professional.
- Thorough explanations: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the surgeons were very thorough in explaining procedures and addressing concerns, providing a high level of clarity and understanding for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff's professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the expertise of the doctors and assistants.
- Efficient and fast service: Several reviews mentioned that the practice provided efficient, timely appointments, with minimal wait times. This was appreciated by patients who were looking for a streamlined experience.
- Please note that these pros are based on the provided reviews and may not encompass all aspects of the lasik surgeon practice. It's recommended to consider multiple factors and consult with the surgeon directly before making a decision.
2204 Crestmoor Rd, Nashville, TN 37215
Patients rave about the friendly and caring staff, highlight Drs. Smith and Jones for professionalism, and report life-changing SMILE procedure results at this highly recommended lasik surgery practice. A few critics cite appointment and customer service issues.
- Skilled and caring staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned the caring and friendly nature of the staff at the Toyos Clinic. They were praised for being patient, knowledgeable, and providing great care.
- Successful and pain-free procedures: Many reviewers mentioned the success of their procedures, particularly the SMILE procedure for laser vision correction. They experienced quick recovery, minimal discomfort, and were thrilled with their improved vision.
- Comprehensive eye care services: The Toyos Clinic offers a wide range of eye care services, including laser vision correction, cataract surgery, dry eye treatment, and more. Reviewers appreciated the clinic's ability to provide comprehensive care and solve their eye-related issues.
Shofner Vision Center
2004 Hayes St #335, Nashville, TN 37203
Dr. Shofner provides straightforward explanations during consultations. Patients describe his friendly, knowledgeable staff as creating a comfortable environment.
- Skilled and knowledgeable surgeon: Dr. Shofner is highly skilled and knowledgeable, with a Harvard and Yale background, ensuring that patients receive top-notch care and the latest eye care procedures.
- Friendly and professional staff: Patients consistently mention the friendly and professional staff at the practice. The staff members are caring, attentive, and create a positive and welcoming environment.
- Positive outcomes and patient satisfaction: Multiple reviewers mention their satisfaction with the results of their procedures, such as achieving 20/20 vision and having successful surgeries. This indicates that the practice has a track record of providing good results and meeting patients' expectations.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.