Best LASIK Surgeon In Gallatin, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 93 LASIK Surgeons in Gallatin, TN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 3179 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Gallatin.
Wang Vision Institute Nashville
1801 West End Ave #1150, Nashville, TN 37203
Patients consistently praised the staff and surgeons at Wang Vision Institute, specifically mentioning Dr. Guduru, Dr. Jones, and Dr. Zimmerman. Many reviewers mentioned feeling calm and well-informed throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the post-operative visits. The staff members, including the coordinators and technicians, were frequently commended for their kindness and helpfulness. Patients also highlighted the exceptional results they achieved, with some reporting improved vision better than what they had with glasses or contacts.
- Highly skilled and informative physicians: Dr. Guduru and Dr. Jones are praised for their expertise and ability to explain procedures clearly, putting patients at ease throughout the surgery and follow-up visits.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mention the exceptional care they received from the staff members, including coordinators like Clare, Cameron, and Kayla, who went above and beyond to address their needs and concerns.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Numerous patients express their high satisfaction with the surgical outcomes, reporting better vision than they had with glasses or contacts. The procedures, such as SMILE and LASIK, are described as life-changing and providing freedom from glasses and contacts.
Loden Vision Centers - Nashville Office
2501 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212
The lasik surgeon practice received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, as well as the expertise of the doctors. Many highlighted their excellent results and the life-changing impact of the surgery. Several specific staff members were mentioned for their outstanding service. Some minor issues with scheduling and waiting times were noted, but overall, the practice was highly recommended.
- Highly efficient and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff's efficiency and friendliness, making the overall experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Successful procedures and great results: Many reviewers praised the surgeon's expertise and the successful outcomes of their procedures, whether it was LASIK or cataract surgery. They expressed satisfaction with improved vision and clear results.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviewers highlighted the expertise and professionalism of the doctors at the practice. They appreciated the doctors' honesty, knowledge, and thoroughness in explaining procedures and answering their questions.
Loden Vision Centers - Goodlettsville Office
520 Rivergate Pkwy, Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Overall, the positive reviews highlight the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their procedures and appreciate the professionalism and expertise demonstrated by the surgeons. The practice is also commended for providing thorough explanations and taking the time to address any concerns or questions.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice is wonderful, kind, and makes them feel comfortable and welcomed. This creates a positive and supportive environment for patients.
- Quick and painless procedures: Multiple reviews highlight how fast and easy the LASIK procedure was, with minimal pain or discomfort. This indicates a high level of efficiency and expertise in performing the surgery.
- Excellent results and successful surgeries: Several reviewers mention successful outcomes and improved vision after undergoing procedures at the lasik surgeon practice. This indicates a high level of skill and competence in the surgical team, resulting in positive outcomes for patients.
Vision for Life: Jeffrey D. Horn, M.D.
4230 Harding Pike g6, Nashville, TN 37205
Dr. Horn and his staff at Vision for Life have received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the outstanding results of their surgeries, with many achieving 20/20 vision or better. The staff is described as welcoming, pleasant, and patient, providing excellent care and thorough explanations of procedures. Dr. Horn is highly recommended for his professionalism, expertise, and the time he spends with patients to address their concerns. The entire experience at Vision for Life is described as organized, convenient, and life-changing, with patients feeling grateful and completely satisfied with their outcomes.
- Excellent care: The surgeon and staff at Vision for Life provided outstanding care before, during, and after the surgery, ensuring a flawless experience for patients.
- Quick recovery: Patients reported a quick recovery period after the surgery, with some experiencing 20/20 vision shortly after the procedure.
- Professionalism: Dr. Horn and his team were praised for their professionalism, taking the time to explain procedures and options thoroughly. Patients felt comfortable and confident in their care, trusting them with their vision.
Loden Vision Centers - Gallatin Office
1198 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066
The lasik surgeon practice has received a large number of positive reviews from satisfied patients. Patients mentioned that the doctors were thorough, knowledgeable, and took the time to listen to their concerns and answer their questions. The staff was described as friendly, professional, and helpful throughout the entire process. Many patients highly recommended the practice for LASIK and other eye care needs.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this lasik surgeon practice were thorough in explaining procedures and took the time to address concerns and questions. They were praised for their expertise and patient care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers complimented the staff for being pleasant, friendly, and accommodating. From the receptionists to the technicians, the staff members were described as knowledgeable, kind, and professional.
- Efficient and organized: Several reviews mentioned that the practice was well-organized and efficient. Patients reported minimal wait times, timely service, and a smooth process from check-in to examination. The practice was also commended for taking necessary COVID-19 precautions.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article