Best LASIK Surgeon In Clarksville, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 92 LASIK Surgeons in Clarksville, TN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 6485 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Clarksville.
Wang Vision Institute Nashville
1801 West End Ave #1150, Nashville, TN 37203
Wang Vision Institute has a highly professional and friendly staff who provide thorough explanations and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The SMILE and LASIK procedures were successful, resulting in improved vision for patients who had bad vision their whole life. Dr. Guduru is a gifted surgeon who provides compassionate care and achieves successful results. The prices are fair and patients are given numerous options to choose from to improve their vision.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who take their time to answer all questions and make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Offers a range of procedures including SMILE and cataract replacement surgery that have given patients dramatic results and improved quality of life.
- Provides excellent customer service with attentive post-op care, follow-up calls, and a personalized approach that sets them apart from other providers.
The LASIK Vision Institute
51 Germantown Ct Ste 103, Memphis, TN 38018
Patients had an overwhelmingly positive experience with the Lasik Vision Institute, stating that the staff made the process easy and comfortable, the procedure was quick and pain-free, and they immediately noticed an improvement in their vision. Many recommended the institute to anyone considering Lasik, with some even calling it the best decision they've ever made. The staff was praised for being professional, informative, and accommodating, and patients felt reassured and supported throughout the process.
- Quick and easy procedure with immediate results.
- The staff is knowledgeable, professional, and helpful throughout the process, from consultation to follow-up care.
- Affordable pricing and financing options available.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6420 New Dutchmans Pkwy Ste. 185, Louisville, KY 40205
Patients raved about the friendly and knowledgeable staff at a Lasik surgeon practice. They praised the quick and painless procedures that greatly improved their vision, with some achieving 20/15 vision. The practitioners were described as being comforting to those who were nervous about the process, putting them at ease and answering all of their questions in great detail. Overall, patients highly recommend the practice for anyone looking to improve their vision.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Friendly and professional staff
- Life-changing results with improved vision
Vision for Life: Jeffrey D. Horn, M.D.
4230 Harding Pike g6, Nashville, TN 37205
Patients have overwhelmingly positive experiences with Dr. Horn and his staff at Vision for Life, with many noting their exceptional professionalism, helpfulness, and kindness. The office is well-organized and appointments are prompt, with Dr. Horn taking a considerable amount of time to thoroughly explain procedures and all options available. Patients say that the surgery is painless, and their vision improved beyond their expectations. The only negative review out of many applauds the front desk staff, but criticizes Dr. Horn's bedside manner and pricing practices.
- Excellent and knowledgeable surgeon and staff who provide professional and thorough consultations, pre-operative evaluations, and post-operative instructions to ensure the best outcome.
- State-of-the-art technology and surgical techniques, including the latest lens implants and LASIK procedure, resulting in excellent visual acuity and quality of life improvement for patients.
- Friendly, caring, and efficient office and surgical staff who go above and beyond to provide a comfortable and stress-free experience for patients, from scheduling appointments to filling prescriptions.
D Shawn Parker, MD, FACS | Eye Care Specialists LLC
360 S Mt Auburn Rd, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
The lasik surgeon practice is highly recommended by patients, with many praising Dr. Parker and his professional and friendly staff. The surgery is described as painless with quick and impressive results, and patients felt confident and informed throughout the process. Overall, many patients said they would recommend Dr. Parker and Eye Care Specialists to anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Dr. Parker is highly skilled and efficient in performing the lasik procedure.
- Patients experience immediate positive results with improved vision and a life-changing experience.
Eye Specialty Group - Collierville Office
1458 W Poplar Ave Suite 101, Collierville, TN 38017
Eye Specialty Group (ESG) has a team of knowledgeable and friendly staff who provide exceptional care to their patients. Patients have reported successful Lasik procedures, including one with 20/15 vision and quick healing time. The staff, including Ramon, are helpful and supportive, providing clear explanations of the procedures and answering all questions. Additionally, customers have reported successful non-Lasik procedures, such as blepharoplasties and cataract surgeries, with compassionate care from Dr. Hidaji and Dr. Cohen. However, there are also a few negative reviews about long wait times and issues with scheduling and billing.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Skilled and experienced doctors
- Positive results and life-changing procedures, such as LASIK and ICL treatments.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article