Best Eye Doctors In Madison, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Madison Optometrists in Madison, Madison, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Madison reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Madison.
Loden Vision Centers – Goodlettsville Office
520 Rivergate Pkwy, Goodlettsville, TN 37072
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback. Patients were satisfied with the knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, and attentive customer service. Numerous patients reported successful LASIK and cataract procedures. A few patients expressed dissatisfaction with inaccurate prescriptions and unprofessional conduct by one doctor.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are highly knowledgeable, professional, and attentive. They take the time to answer questions and ensure that the patient's needs are met.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently praise the outstanding customer service provided by the staff. They mention feeling welcomed, comfortable, and supported throughout their visits.
- Successful eye surgeries: Several reviews specifically mention successful cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures performed at the center. Patients were pleased with the results and praised both the doctors and the staff for their expertise and care.
2114 Elliston Pl, Nashville, TN 37203
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews from customers who appreciate the friendly staff, comprehensive eye exams, and assistance with selecting eyewear. Long-term patients highly recommend the practice, though wait times can be lengthy.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, knowledgeable, and provide excellent customer service.
- The eye exams at this facility are thorough and utilize state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring accurate eye prescriptions.
- The doctors and staff are responsive and helpful, providing clear explanations and options for both eye exams and selecting glasses.
232 Jackson Meadows Dr, Hermitage, TN 37076
Patients report a welcoming, relaxed environment at Hermitage Eye Care. Exams are thorough, and the staff, especially Dr. Hammond, are knowledgeable and friendly. The majority of reviews are glowing, though one patient did have issues with glasses and a refund. Overall, patients recommend Hermitage Eye Care and are confident in the care provided.
- Welcoming and thorough eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that Dr. Hammond's office provides a welcoming environment and offers thorough eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Hermitage Eye Care, noting that they take the time to explain eye imaging and exams.
- Clean and adheres to COVID regulations: Reviewers mention that the office and exam rooms are clean, and that the staff adheres to COVID rules and regulations, making patients feel safe and comfortable.
Choate Eye Associates
306 Northcreek Blvd Ste 101, Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Patients consistently commend Dr. Choate and his staff for their meticulous eye exams and attentive care. His dedication to advanced eye health earns high marks. Many cite the office’s cordial atmosphere and helpful personnel. Overall, patients enthusiastically endorse Choate Eye Associates for meeting their vision needs.
- Dr. Choate is dedicated to providing the best and most advanced eye care, using innovative technology.
- The staff at Choate Eye Associates is professional, friendly, and attentive to patients' needs.
- The eye exams at Choate Eye Associates are thorough, with Dr. Choate taking the time to explain the results and provide personalized recommendations for vision correction.
2378 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
Donaldson Eye Care is praised for friendly staff, thorough exams, and a comfortable office. Eco-friendly practices like laminated paperwork are appreciated. However, some customers express concerns about high costs compared to competitors and unexpected fees. The majority still highly recommend Donaldson Eye Care for exams and eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the front office and back office staff are friendly, making patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Thorough and quick eye exams: Reviewers note that the providers are thorough in their examinations and realistic with their recommendations. Additionally, many reviewers mention quick and easy visits.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews highlight specific doctors, such as Dr. Amy Waymire and Dr. Kendall Harris, for their professionalism, compassion, and ability to explain things clearly to patients.
Orgain Family Vision
131 Indian Lake Rd, Hendersonville, TN 37075
Reviewers speak highly of the eye care center’s friendly staff. Patients mention Drs. Smith and Orgain for their excellent care, knowledge and patience. Many note the thorough yet timely visits, with vision improvement or prescription resolution. Positive reviews also highlight the frame selection and help with choosing glasses.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors and staff at this eye care center are friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable, especially children.
- Efficient and timely service: Reviewers appreciate the efficient and timely service provided by the eye care center. They mention minimal waiting times during each visit, as well as quick turnaround times for receiving new contact lenses and glasses.
- Excellent eye care and accurate prescriptions: Many reviews highlight the exceptional eye care received at this center. Multiple doctors, such as Dr. Smith and Dr. Orgain, are praised for their expertise in diagnosing and treating eye conditions. They have successfully adjusted contact lens prescriptions, improved blurry vision, and even saved patients' sight.
Johnson i-Care at LensCrafters
1024 Glenbrook Way, Hendersonville, TN 37075
Customers are highly satisfied with the friendly, helpful staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors at this eye care center who take time to explain eye exams. A few experienced long waits and insurance issues, but most had a positive visit and would recommend this facility.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams at this facility were thorough, informative, and provided a comprehensive understanding of their eye health.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, including the receptionists, technicians, and doctors. The staff was described as professional, kind, personable, and willing to answer questions and assist with frame selection.
- State-of-the-art equipment: One reviewer specifically mentioned that the optometrist uses state-of-the-art equipment, such as digital eye exams, which led to precise and accurate prescriptions. The use of such equipment enhanced the overall experience and outcome of the eye exams.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
1785 Gallatin Pike N, Madison, TN 37115
Reviews of the eye care center highlight exceptional customer service from staff like Kayla and Kathy, though some criticize unprofessional behavior. Patients appreciate the affordability, selection, and quality, with a few disappointed by appointment issues or billing practices. Overall, the knowledgeable doctors and caring staff receive praise.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and friendly staff, particularly Kayla and Jessica Lewis, who provided great service during eye exams and frame selections.
- Affordable prices: Several reviewers mention that America's Best offers affordable options for both eye exams and glasses, with one reviewer even mentioning a plan for 3 years of eye exams at a discounted price.
- Professional eye exams: Many reviews highlight the thoroughness and professionalism of the optometrists at America's Best, with one reviewer even mentioning that they were put in better contacts and saved money on their prescription.
Dr. Anthony V. Perry and Associates
1764 Gallatin Pike N, Madison, TN 37115
The eye care center is well regarded for its friendly, professional staff, short wait times, and comprehensive eye exams. Patients value the knowledgeable doctors who carefully explain diagnoses and welcome questions. Overall, patients find the experience professional and satisfactory, often returning and recommending the center.
- Friendly and professional staff, providing a comfortable and pleasant experience.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain diagnosis and provide feedback.
- Short wait times and quick, efficient exams.
- Great variety of eye glass frames for selection.
- Safe environment with all necessary safety precautions in place.
- Excellent customer service and support, especially for first-time contact lens wearers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.