Best Eye Doctors In Lenoir City, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lenoir City Optometrists in Lenoir City, Lenoir City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lenoir City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lenoir City.
11689 Parkside Dr, Farragut, TN 37934
Reviews praise knowledgeable, friendly staff and good experiences but highlight issues like long waits, rushed exams, high costs, virtual exam concerns, wrong prescriptions, and poor customer service.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff were helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable during the eye exam and frame selection process.
- Quick and easy eye exam: Some reviews mentioned that the eye exam was fast and efficient, with one reviewer stating that everything was completed in under an hour.
- Great selection and prices for glasses: Several reviewers praised the selection of glasses and the reasonable prices offered by the eye care center.
Hardin Valley Eyecare & Optical
10904 Spring Bluff Way, Knoxville, TN 37932
Hardin Valley Eyecare and Optical is highly recommended for thorough eye exams and knowledgeable, friendly staff. One negative review notes a disappointing staff experience, but most customers appreciate the eye doctors and services.
- Easy to set up appointments and helpful with insurance plans.
- Staff is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, providing thorough eye exams.
The Eye Group – West Office
11124 Kingston Pike STE 127, Knoxville, TN 37934
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and thorough exams, though some customers report longer than average wait times and high frame prices. Overall, many still recommend this eye care center for their quality vision care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the front desk staff and doctors at The Eye Group are extremely nice, pleasant, and helpful. They create a warm and friendly atmosphere, putting patients at ease during their appointments.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers praise the eye exams at The Eye Group, describing them as the most thorough they have ever had. The doctors take their time to conduct a comprehensive exam and explain each step in easy-to-understand language.
- Efficient and knowledgeable service: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency and professionalism of the staff. They mention that appointments are handled promptly and the staff is knowledgeable, answering any questions and addressing concerns.
Farragut Eye Clinic
11232 W Point Dr, Farragut, TN 37934
The Farragut Eye Clinic is highly regarded for its professional yet personal eye care. Patients praise the clinic’s minimal wait times and attentive staff. Drs. Desai impress with their expertise, while providing thoughtful and friendly care. The clinic’s wide frame selection and tailored approach make it a top choice for exams and ongoing vision needs.
- Immediate and thorough care: The clinic received praise for providing immediate attention to an eye emergency and thorough care. They got a patient in immediately and addressed their situation seriously.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff being friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They were praised for creating a warm and comfortable atmosphere, making patients feel like they were part of a family.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Both Dr. Milind Desai and Dr. Lina Desai were praised for their knowledge, professionalism, and thoroughness during eye exams. They took the time to explain the results and offered alternative solutions when needed.
Dr. Torrey J. Carlson & Associates
11289 Parkside Dr Space #1108, Knoxville, TN 37934
Overall, patients were pleased with the eye care center, highlighting the attentive, professional, and friendly staff. Doctors thoroughly explained exam procedures and results. Though one staff member elicited criticism, patients overwhelmingly recommended the center for its quality service and convenience.
- Attentive and comfortable experience for children: The staff at this eye care center has a great bedside manner and makes children feel comfortable during their eye exams, explaining procedures beforehand and providing a positive experience.
- Excellent customer service: Customers consistently mention the outstanding customer service they receive at this eye care center. From the front desk to the pre-screening staff and the optometrists, the entire staff is described as professional, compassionate, and efficient.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at this location. The optometrists take the time to explain test results and findings, ensuring that patients are well-informed about their eye health.
11111 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37934
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its attentive, thorough exams by Drs. Greene and Fry and friendly, professional staff. Patients describe a clean, modern facility with advanced equipment. Many appreciate help choosing eyeglasses. However, a few felt rushed during exams or pressured to buy costly glasses.
- Exceptional staff: The reviews consistently mention the amazing and friendly staff, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviewers praise the doctors for their detailed eye exams, looking beyond just vision correction and also assessing the health of the eyes, providing peace of mind.
Tennessee Eye Care (Lenoir City)
5491 Creekwood Park Blvd Ste A, Lenoir City, TN 37772
Patients appreciate the attentive and reassuring nature of our eye doctors, especially Drs. Thomas and Montgomery, as well as the helpful, efficient reception staff. Our knowledgeable, caring doctors and friendly, professional desk and glasses staff receive consistently positive reviews, with short waiting times noted.
- Same-day appointments available: One reviewer mentioned that they were able to get an appointment on the same day when experiencing eye pain, highlighting the convenience of their scheduling options.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff, from the receptionists to the doctors, for being friendly, patient, and helpful. They were described as making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviewers mentioned specific doctors by name and praised them for being knowledgeable, professional, and thorough during their exams. They felt confident in the doctors' abilities and appreciated their explanations of test results and diagnoses.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
10930 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients report the staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and provide thorough eye exams. Some experienced long wait times or customer service issues, though the majority recommend the center for eye health services and eyewear selection.
- Fast and Convenient Appointments: Visionworks offers same-day or timely appointments, making it a convenient option for those in need of immediate eye care.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: Customers consistently praise the staff at this location for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. From the optometrists to the employees assisting with frame selection, the staff goes above and beyond to provide a positive experience.
- Thorough Eye Exams: Several reviewers highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams at this location. The optometrists take the time to explain the process and results in detail, ensuring that patients understand their eye health and prescription changes.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
165 N Peters Rd, Knoxville, TN 37923
Patients consistently commend this eye care center for comprehensive eye exams and procuring prescription eyewear. Personnel, notably Mark and Amber, earn recognition for their congenial and attentive service. Numerous patrons cite the center’s expedient appointments and overall constructive experiences.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers specifically mentioned Mark, Amber, and other staff members being friendly, helpful, and providing exceptional service throughout the entire eye care and eyeglass/contact lens selection process.
- Efficient and quick: Several reviewers mentioned that their overall experience, including the eye exam and ordering of glasses/contacts, was fast and efficient, with minimal wait times.
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff: Reviewers praised the doctors and staff for their expertise, professionalism, and willingness to address their concerns and provide personalized recommendations. Additionally, Mark, in particular, was mentioned multiple times as being attentive and going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Eye Center of Lenoir City
125 Town Creek Rd E, Lenoir City, TN 37772
Customers give high marks to the eye care center for thorough exams, friendly and caring staff, knowledgeable doctors, and beautiful office space. A few negative reviews cite issues with the optical assistant, prescription errors, limited frame options, and refund difficulties. However, most praise the professional, attentive service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this eye care center are the best and most thorough they have ever experienced. The doctors take the time to explain processes and the different options available.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviews praise the staff for being super friendly, kind, and caring. Patients feel welcomed and well taken care of during their visits.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews highlight the professionalism and knowledge of the doctors at this eye care center. They are thorough, patient, and take the time to listen to patients' concerns and answer their questions.
Vision Best Eye Care
11663 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934
Patients laud Dr. Best’s attentive care at this highly-rated eye center. Her personable approach earns acclaim alongside the staff’s friendly expertise. Though a small minority cite issues with eyeglasses or staff, glowing reviews predominate.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center was helpful, friendly, and attentive to their needs. This creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: The optometrist, Dr. Best, was praised for her thoroughness, knowledge, and ability to explain conditions and options clearly. Patients appreciated her professionalism and felt well taken care of during their visits.
- Convenient location and appointment scheduling: Multiple reviewers mentioned that it was easy to schedule an appointment at this eye care center. Additionally, the location was described as convenient.
Miller Eye Care & Optical
9409 S Northshore Dr, Knoxville, TN 37922
Miller Eye Care & Optical has received glowing reviews from satisfied customers who commend Dr. Miller and his staff for their attentive service and expert eye care. While most reviews are positive, one customer did note issues with the optical department’s communication and glasses ordering process.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being polite, kind, friendly, and attentive to patients' needs.
- Excellent doctor: Many reviewers specifically highlight Dr. Miller as being great at his job, having a wonderful bedside manner, taking the time to explain things, and being helpful and easy to talk to.
- Personalized and patient-centered care: Several reviews mention how Dr. Miller takes an interest in his patients' lives, activities, and concerns. He listens to patients' needs and strives to provide the best contact lenses or glasses for their specific requirements.
Gregory Everett, O.D.
12744 Kingston Pike Suite A, Farragut, TN 37934
The eye care center is highly regarded for its knowledgeable and friendly doctors who provide thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the professional and attentive staff that ensure a comfortable experience. With a wide selection of eyewear and efficient service, the center comes highly recommended for all eye care needs.
- The staff here is incredibly knowledgeable and attentive during eye exams. They take the time to thoroughly explain everything and make sure you feel comfortable. I appreciate their professionalism and expertise."
- I had a great experience at this eye care center. The optometrist was friendly and approachable, and the appointment was well-organized. They have a wide selection of frames to choose from, making it easy to find the perfect pair of glasses."
- I've been coming to this eye care center for years and continue to be impressed. They have all the latest technology for comprehensive eye exams, and their eye doctors are top-notch. Plus, they have a convenient location and parking."
- Based on these reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff during eye exams.
- Friendly optometrists and well-organized appointments, with a wide selection of frames to choose from.
- Use of the latest technology for comprehensive eye exams, top-notch eye doctors, and convenient location with parking.
Drs. Campbell, Cunningham, Taylor & Haun – Farragut Office
12744 Kingston Pike STE 108, Farragut, TN 37934
Patients appreciate Dr. Everett’s helpful and upbeat demeanor, as well as the friendliness of the staff. Dr. Jeffrey Silbernagle is also praised for his competence and compassion. A few reviews mention billing problems and less cordial staff. In general, patients are satisfied with the quality of care and professionalism of the eye doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently described as friendly, kind, and considerate. They provide a relaxed and comfortable environment for patients, making them feel at ease during eye exams or when ordering glasses.
- Competent and compassionate optometrists: Both Dr. Everett and Dr. Silbernagle are highly regarded by patients for their competence, thoroughness in providing eye exams, and their ability to explain results with care and compassion. They are described as excellent optometrists who provide top-quality eye care.
- Dedicated and knowledgeable optical department: The optical department, particularly Sue, is praised for going above and beyond to research and provide options for patients. Sue's exceptional service and dedication to finding appropriate options for patients with specific needs make her highly recommended for anyone searching for optical glasses.
Lenoir City Eye Center
149 Kelsey Ln Ste 104, Lenoir City, TN 37772
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews praising the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff. Patients describe a smooth, efficient exam process and note that the doctors take time to explain procedures and answer questions. While a few reviews mention long wait times, most agree the quality of care makes it worthwhile.
- Courteous and efficient service.
- Friendly staff.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.