Best Eye Doctors In Dickson, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Dickson Optometrists in Dickson, Dickson, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Dickson reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Dickson.
Clarksville Eye Clinic
1111A Fort Campbell Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37042
This eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for its professional, thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. A few customers did note issues with minimal help selecting glasses and appointment scheduling mistakes. However, most agree the quality vision care here is superb.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being pleasant, knowledgeable, and professional. They appreciated the helpfulness and friendliness of both the front desk staff and the doctors.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams they received were thorough and detailed. They appreciated the doctors taking the time to explain the test results and recommendations in a clear and understandable manner.
- No pressure sales and affordable options: Reviewers noted that they did not feel pressured to spend more than necessary on glasses or contact lenses. They also mentioned that the out-of-pocket costs were pleasantly low compared to other places, making it an affordable option for quality eye care.
2817 West End Ave #117, Nashville, TN 37203
Optique provides thorough eye exams using state-of-the-art technology. Their knowledgeable doctors and polite staff explain procedures, assist in selecting fashionable glasses, and ensure a comfortable, easy experience. Most reviewers recommend Optique, though one cited high prices and pushy sales tactics.
- Polite and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as polite, patient, and kind. They take the time to explain everything during the eye exam and assist with selecting eyeglasses.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are highly competent and thorough in their examinations. They use state-of-the-art technology and explain each test to ensure patients feel comfortable. They have also been praised for identifying existing vision issues that were previously missed.
- Efficient and prompt service: Customers appreciate the prompt and efficient service at this eye care center. The appointments are well-managed, allowing patients to receive a thorough eye exam without unnecessary delays.
Dr. Kelli Jackson
6814 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209
Dr. Kelly Jackson receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for her professional, thorough eye exams and clear explanations that help patients understand the process. Patients describe her as friendly and informative. Her staff is also praised as helpful. One review does mention a lack of exterior signage. Overall, patients strongly recommend Dr. Jackson for her exceptional eye care.
- Dr. Jackson is professional and takes the time to fully explain every aspect of the eye exam in a way that patients can understand.
- The staff, including the front desk and Ross who assists with glasses, are friendly and helpful.
- Dr. Jackson is sweet, informative, and makes patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
Optometric Physicians of Middle Tennessee – Nashville
4322 Harding Pike #214, Nashville, TN 37205
The eye care center receives favorable reviews for its friendly, helpful staff and informative, patient doctors who take time to explain eye exam details. Patients appreciate the thorough exams. Many reviewers recommend the center given their positive experiences.
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to explain the exam and answer questions thoroughly.
- Knowledgeable and patient doctors who provide informative and thorough care.
- Professional and courteous staff who demonstrate excellent knowledge and respect for patients' vision needs, especially for elderly patients.
Ascent Eye Care & Eyewear Gallery
1441 New Hwy 96 W #3, Franklin, TN 37064
Dr. Boone and the Ascent Eye Care staff are consistently praised for their helpful, pleasant manner during thorough, timely exams using modern equipment in a clean office. Patients appreciate Dr. Boone’s personalized, relatable approach, especially with apprehensive children. The office is commended for professionalism, efficiency, knowledgeable staff, and providing a safe, comfortable experience.
- Dr. Boone and his staff are helpful, pleasant, and friendly, creating a positive atmosphere for patients.
- The office has modern equipment, is bright and clean, and takes extra precautions to ensure the safety and health of patients.
- Dr. Boone is highly knowledgeable and provides thorough eye exams, paying attention to detail and addressing patients' needs.
2176 Hillsboro Rd #100, Franklin, TN 37069
Patients indicate satisfaction with the eye care center’s friendly and attentive staff, thorough eye exams, wide selection of eyewear, and personalized service. One customer did not return due to high exam and lens prices. In general, reviews recommend this professional, quality-focused eye care center.
- The office staff and assistant are excellent, providing attentive and friendly service.
- Dr. Cuthbertson is thorough and takes the necessary time to explain everything during the eye exam.
- The office has new machines that make the eye exam experience easy and relaxing.
- There is a wide selection of eyewear available with a fully experienced staff to assist.
- Dr. Cuthbertson demonstrates extensive knowledge and expertise during evaluations and provides emergency care.
- The staff members are friendly, courteous, and always provide a wonderful experience during eye exams.
- Dr. Cuthbertson has been trusted and cared for by patients for many years, even those who travel specifically to see him.
- The entire staff is kind, thoughtful, and takes the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable.
- The office is warm and welcoming, creating a comfortable environment during the visit.
- Dr. Cuthbertson and the staff are professional, personal, and provide excellent care and thorough exams.
- There is no pressure when selecting frames, and the experience is described as fun.
- The staff provides personal, knowledgeable service when helping patients select glasses.
- There is a strong level of trust and faith in Dr. Cuthbertson's care, even without vision insurance coverage.
Select Physical Therapy – Dickson Hillview
198 Hillview St, Dickson, TN 37055
Reviews for Select Physical Therapy – Dickson Hillview commend the staff, especially Hailey Holder, for their personable and professional demeanor as well as expertise. Patients note the therapists’ attentive and personalized care makes each visit productive and enjoyable. This clinic comes highly recommended for physical therapy.
- The staff at Select Physical Therapy - Dickson Hillview are personable, compassionate, and provide a welcoming environment for patients. They make patients feel at ease and like family, creating a comfortable experience.
- The team at this location is highly skilled and knowledgeable in their profession. They listen to patient concerns, adjust therapy to accommodate individual needs, and provide thorough and personalized care.
- The staff at Select Physical Therapy - Dickson Hillview are professional, friendly, and have a strong work ethic. They genuinely care about their patients' progress and well-being, going the extra mile to ensure a positive therapy experience.
Sango Eye Care
2699 Townsend Ct, Clarksville, TN 37043
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for their professional, patient, and friendly doctors and staff. Patients value the efficiency of exams and extensive selection of eyewear. However, one customer was dissatisfied with insurance coverage and the cost of glasses. On the whole, this eye care center is known for excellent service and expertise.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind and patient staff at Sango Eye Care, particularly when it comes to children and infants.
- Efficient and accurate eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the modern equipment used for eye exams and the thorough explanations provided by the optometrists. The front desk is also efficient with paperwork and getting patients in and out quickly.
- Excellent customer service and care: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the overall experience at Sango Eye Care, from the friendly and knowledgeable staff to the comprehensive care provided by the doctors. The office is praised for being clean, well-equipped, and organized.
River Valley Eye Clinic
215 Holly Ln, Waverly, TN 37185
The eye care center received positive reviews for its knowledgeable, friendly, and professional doctors and staff. The clinic provides thorough eye exams with various options. However, some mentioned long appointment wait times and delays receiving glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is extremely nice, welcoming, and friendly. They are described as professional, courteous, and helpful, making patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The reviews highlight the expertise and care provided by the doctors at this eye care center. They are described as knowledgeable, detail-oriented, and passionate about their job. Patients appreciate that the doctors take the time to explain and discuss their eye care options and make recommendations.
- Family-like atmosphere: The clinic is praised for its warm and welcoming environment, where patients are made to feel like a member of the family. The staff is described as treating patients with care and personal attention. This creates a comfortable and personable experience for individuals seeking eye care services.
The Eye Doctors
2315 Madison St, Clarksville, TN 37043
The Eye Doctors in Clarksville receives positive reviews for their thorough, knowledgeable optometrists, particularly regarding diabetic eye exams. Patients report the staff is consistently friendly and caring while providing excellent service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye doctors at this location provide thorough and professional eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive assessment of eye health.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at this eye care center are praised for being friendly, caring, and professional, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- Positive experiences and excellent service: Many reviewers have had positive experiences at this eye care center, stating that they have received excellent service and that the doctors and assistants are great.
Cataract & Eye Care Center of Dickson
10100 Ramsey Way, Dickson, TN 37055
Dr. Porter’s eye care center provides excellent, professional care with an efficient, knowledgeable, and kind staff. The center utilizes the latest technologies and offers minimal appointment wait times, earning it high recommendations.
- Highly skilled and dedicated staff: Dr. Porter and his team deliver exceptional medical care and operate like a harmonious family, ensuring a smooth experience from start to finish.
- State-of-the-art technology: Dr. Porter spares no expense in equipping the eye care center with the latest technologies, guaranteeing the highest quality of care available.
- Excellent patient experience: The staff is professional, kind, and considerate, ensuring that patients are seen promptly and that all procedures and information are explained thoroughly.
Vision Best Eye Care
11663 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934
The majority of reviews praise this eye care center’s staff and optometrist for their exceptional service and thorough exams. Dr. Best is lauded for her knowledge, professionalism, and attentiveness. A few negatives cite prescription issues and an unwillingness to serve young children. Overall though, reviews indicate excellent care and positive experiences.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as helpful, attentive, and friendly. They are praised for their willingness to listen to patients' needs and provide prompt and seamless care.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Best is highly regarded for her thoroughness, knowledge, and ability to explain conditions and treatment options in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. Patients appreciate her patience, kindness, and ability to address their concerns.
- Excellent patient care and customer service: Many reviewers highlight the exceptional care they received at this eye care center. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the professionalism, empathy, and personalized attention they receive. The facility is also described as clean and high-tech.
Dry Eye Center of Brentwood
317 Seven Springs Way #104, Brentwood, TN 37027
Patients visiting the Dry Eye Center of Brentwood report excellent results after treatment by Dr. Rynerson and his knowledgeable staff. Patients found relief from the discomfort, grittiness, irritation, and impaired vision caused by dry eyes. Dr. Rynerson’s customized treatment plans target the root causes of dry eye to provide sustained improvement. His caring team works diligently to ensure patients’ needs are met.
- Effective treatment for dry eyes: Multiple reviews mention significant improvement in dry eye symptoms after receiving treatment at the Dry Eye Center of Brentwood. Patients have reported relief from discomfort, improved vision, and the ability to drive at night safely.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and attentiveness of the staff at the eye care center. Dr. Rynerson is praised for his understanding of the root causes of dry eyes and his ability to provide effective treatments. The staff is also described as friendly, caring, and dedicated to improving patients' quality of life.
- Comprehensive education: Patients value the educational component of their experience at the eye care center. Dr. Rynerson and his team provide thorough explanations of the causes of dry eye and seek to educate patients about the disease and its treatment options. This approach helps patients better understand their condition and actively participate in their own eye care.
Cheatham Eye Care
154 Hutton Pl, Ashland City, TN 37015
Cheatham Eye Care provides a pleasant, friendly atmosphere with a wide selection of frames at reasonable prices. Patients appreciate the fast, helpful service and professional, attentive optometrists who listen to concerns and aim to ensure a positive experience.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere with helpful staff - multiple reviews mention the friendly and kind staff, making patients feel like family.
- Reasonable prices and a wide selection of frames - reviewers appreciate the affordability and variety of frames available at the eye care center.
- Professional service and attentive to patient concerns - patients mention receiving professional care and having their concerns listened to by the staff, resulting in positive outcomes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.