Best Eye Doctors In Cordova, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Cordova Optometrists in Cordova, Cordova, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Cordova reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Cordova.
Master Eye Associates
2825 N Germantown Pkwy #103, Memphis, TN 38133
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients describe friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. The optometrists take time to explain eye exam results. Some reviewers mention satisfaction with Dr. Courtney Kessler specifically. Wait times vary. Many appreciate the frame selection and convenience of exams and glasses in one visit.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, making the visit a pleasant experience.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Many reviews compliment the optometrists at this location for their professionalism and thoroughness during the eye exams. The reviewers feel comfortable and confident in the optometrists' knowledge and expertise.
- Convenient one-stop shop: Some reviewers appreciate the convenience of being able to get both an eye exam and pick out glasses in the same location. The wide selection of frames and knowledgeable associates make the process easier.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
8350 US-64 Suite 101, Bartlett, TN 38133
Customers appreciated the friendly staff at this eye care center, with Robyne, Arnold, Vera, Donesha, Kenya, and Meredith often singled out. A few customers did note some issues around communication, wait times, and prescription accuracy that are opportunities for improvement.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, highlighting positive interactions with employees such as the tech who performed the test, the manager Arnold, and employees like Robyne and Vera.
- Knowledgeable and informative eye exams: Customers express satisfaction with the eye exams, mentioning that they received a lot of information about their eye care and felt well-informed after their visit. Some reviews specifically mention positive experiences with Dr. Rayburn and Dr. Hill.
- Exceptional customer service: The eye care center is praised for its exceptional customer service, with reviews mentioning employees like Donesha, Kenya, Kayla, and Ms. Amber as providing professional and friendly assistance. The staff is described as kind, approachable, and attentive to customers' needs.
Angel Eyes Vision
2760 N Germantown Pkwy #109, Memphis, TN 38133
Many patients had positive eye exam experiences, praising doctor professionalism and staff friendliness. Improved vision with new glasses from Angel Eyes was a common highlight. However, some felt rushed, overcharged, or misled about insurance. A few noted poor staff communication and unprofessionalism. Still most will return, citing minimal waits, weekend hours, helpful staff, and reasonable pricing.
- The staff are pleasant and welcoming, providing excellent customer service.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and thorough, conducting detailed eye exams.
- The location offers convenient weekend appointments, making it easier for individuals who work during the week to schedule their exams.
2760 N Germantown Pkwy #109, Memphis, TN 38133
Customers speak highly of the friendly staff and modern equipment at this eye care center. The knowledgeable and patient lens crafters Mary and Felicia are commended for their excellent customer service. A couple concerns were raised about appointment availability and costs.
- Modern equipment: The eye care center has modern equipment, which ensures a high level of accuracy and precision during eye exams and fittings.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, including specific mentions of certain individuals who provided exceptional customer service. This indicates that visitors can expect a positive and welcoming experience at the eye care center.
- Efficient service: A few reviews highlight the quick and efficient service they received, with minimal wait times and the ability to get an eye exam as a walk-in. This suggests that the eye care center values their customers' time and strives to provide prompt and convenient service.
1795 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38016
Reviewers highly recommend Dr. Bell for thorough, knowledgeable eye exams and pleasant service. The in-depth exams accurately assess vision needs. Some praise Dr. Bell’s skilled exams for children. Most describe a professional, courteous staff and prompt appointments. However, one reviewer was disappointed with the frame selection.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and in-depth, providing detailed and accurate diagnoses.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently highlight the friendly and professional staff, praising their hospitality, kindness, and expertise.
- Efficient and prompt service: Many reviewers express satisfaction with the promptness of their appointments, minimal wait times, and quick processing of orders for glasses and contacts.
Dr. Mana Boushehri Patel and Dr. Eleanor (MVP Eyecare)
2431 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018
Reviews for this eye care center are largely positive, noting thorough and friendly doctors who explain exam results, especially Dr. Boushehri. Helpful, friendly reception staff also receive praise. One negative review cited a rude front desk staff member, though most express satisfaction with their eye care.
- The eye care center has friendly and patient doctors who make the exam go smoothly, especially with children.
- The doctors at the eye care center provide thorough exams, take the time to answer questions, and explain results in detail, giving patients a clear understanding of their eye health.
2825 N Germantown Pkwy Suite 103, Memphis, TN 38133
Customers commended the eye care center’s friendly and welcoming staff, singling out the front desk and Dr. Kessler. They appreciated the clean facility and help with frame selection. A few customers cited long waits and poor service, with one feeling unfairly treated due to race. In general, customers had positive experiences and would recommend this eye care center.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the eye care center, with particular mention of the front desk staff being nice and providing excellent service.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciated the detailed and thorough eye exams provided by Dr. Kessler and Megan, mentioning that they felt taken care of and treated like family. The positive experiences with the eye exams contribute to the overall recommendation of the eye care center.
Wolfchase Family Eyecare
2840 N Germantown Pkwy, Bartlett, TN 38133
Reviews of this eye care center highlight positive patient experiences, noting efficient, thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable optometrists. Patients also appreciate the professional and helpful staff when selecting frames and gathering information. Most patients express satisfaction with their visits and intend to continue using this eye care center.
- Efficient and quick eye exams
- Knowledgeable and professional Optometrist
- Friendly and helpful staff
Norwood Family Eye Care
7424 US-64 Ste 117, Bartlett, TN 38133
Norwood Family Eye Care is highly recommended by most reviewers for their friendly, professional staff and Dr. Norwood’s expertise. The office receives praise for its modern aesthetic and streamlined appointment process. However, one customer cited issues with pricing, communication, and eyewear quality.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being amazing, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They are praised for their patience, understanding, and thoroughness during eye exams.
- Excellent customer service and care: Reviewers are impressed with the overall customer service and care provided at Norwood Family Eye Care. From the ease of scheduling appointments to the seamless check-in and payment process, customers appreciate the attention to detail and the welcoming environment.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Norwood receives positive feedback for her expertise and thoroughness. She takes the time to answer questions, explain results, and ensure informed decisions regarding glasses and contacts. Reviewers appreciate her attention to detail and willingness to address concerns.
- Beautiful and clean office: The office is described as sleek, professional, clean, and inviting. Customers appreciate the visually appealing atmosphere, which enhances their overall experience.
- Consideration for both adults and children: Norwood Family Eye Care is commended for offering services for both adults and children. This makes it convenient for families to have their eye care needs met in one place.
Bluff City Vision Care PLLC
8480 US-64, Bartlett, TN 38133
Dr. Garner provides a thorough, professional exam where she takes time to explain eye health and the technologies used. Patients describe her as caring and appreciate her expertise. Many recommend her services.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are the most thorough they have ever had. The doctors are praised for being knowledgeable and taking their time to ensure proper care.
- Personalized and caring service: Reviewers appreciate the caring and personable nature of the doctors. They take the time to explain procedures and results in a way that is easy to understand. They also show a genuine interest in their patients' well-being.
- Convenient location and affordable prices: The office is located inside a Sam's Club, making it easily accessible. Additionally, the prices for the services provided are described as affordable.
750 N Germantown Pkwy #108, Cordova, TN 38018
Most reviews applaud this eye care center’s amiable staff and quality service. Patients commend Dr. Cox for her skill and compassion regarding their vision needs. However, some cite problems with billing, unprofessional conduct, and poor customer service from select staff. Still, most reviewers endorse the practice and plan to return or refer loved ones.
- The office staff at this eye care center is fabulous, making the process of getting an eye exam easy and affordable.
- The staff is described as amazing, providing great treatment and services, and the selection of frames is highly complimented.
- The optometrists are knowledgeable, empathetic, and make patients feel at ease about their eye issues. The staff is also described as friendly and helpful.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.