Best Eye Doctors In Cleveland, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Cleveland Optometrists in Cleveland, Cleveland, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Cleveland reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Cleveland.
7405 Shallowford Rd # 420, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Allied Eye patients consistently commend the friendly, efficient staff and the comprehensive eye exams. Patients especially appreciate the clarity of explanations from doctors regarding various eye conditions like migraines and cataracts.
- Highly recommended doctors: Many reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Allied Eye, particularly Dr. Matzkin and Dr. Kelly, were highly recommended by other healthcare professionals. This indicates their expertise and specialization in handling specific eye conditions like migraines and painful eye situations.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Numerous reviewers praised the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at Allied Eye. They mentioned that the exams were explained clearly, the testing process was smooth, and the results were summarized in an understandable manner. This suggests that Allied Eye provides comprehensive and professional eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers commented on the friendliness and professionalism of the staff at Allied Eye. They mentioned that the entire staff, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors, made them feel comfortable and listened to their concerns. This indicates that the staff at Allied Eye provides a welcoming and supportive environment for patients.
Crowder Eye Center
7329 Shallowford Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Crowder Eye Center receives positive feedback for eye exams and care. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable and thorough during professional exams. Customers also appreciate assistance with glasses selection and insurance.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at Crowder Eye Center are friendly, hardworking, and knowledgeable. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients during their eye exams.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at Crowder Eye Center. Patients appreciate the attention to detail and the clear explanations provided by the eye doctors.
- Great selection of frames: Many reviewers mention the large selection of frames available at Crowder Eye Center. Patients enjoy the process of choosing new glasses and appreciate the patience and assistance provided by the staff.
Pomerance Eye Center PC
1801 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for efficient exams, friendly staff, and great experiences. Specific doctors like Pomerance, Lee, and Gannon draw praise for expertise, care, and successful surgeries. However, some negative reviews cite rude technicians, rushed doctors, and prescription issues. Overall the center provides quality eye care, but inconsistencies exist.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain procedures and prescriptions.
- Excellent care and expertise from doctors, especially for cataract surgery and glaucoma treatment.
Scenic City Eye Care
309 N Market St Ste A, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Scenic City Eye Care is consistently praised for their friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff who take time to provide thorough exams and answer all patient questions. The modern and clean office environment paired with enjoyable patient experiences lead many customers to highly recommend this practice for eye exams and glasses.
- Thorough and friendly service: The eye care center is praised for providing thorough and on-time eye exams, with staff taking the time to answer questions and explain things to patients. The staff is described as kind and friendly, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Modern and hip atmosphere: Customers appreciate the modern and stylish ambiance of the eye care center, making their visit enjoyable. The office space is described as beautiful, and the staff is praised for being knowledgeable about current fashion trends in eyewear.
- Convenient and efficient: Patients mention that scheduling appointments with the eye care center is easy, especially through email. The staff is described as easy-going, making patients feel comfortable and at home. The efficient service ensures that patients are not kept waiting, and the location is also noted to be convenient.
Dr. Torrey J Carlson and Associates
2100 Hamilton Pl Blvd #147, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Customers at the eye care center consistently appreciated the professional and friendly staff. Many mentioned the thorough eye exams using advanced technology. Customers were especially grateful for the exceptional care from Dr. Ethan Jones and Dr. Carlson. One negative review cited issues getting a prescription and contact lens callback.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough and high-tech eye exams: The eye care center is praised for using advanced technology and providing comprehensive eye exams. Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the exams and the detailed explanations given by the doctors.
- Great service for children: Parents praised the eye care center for providing a pleasant experience for children during their first eye exams. The staff was described as patient and attentive, making children feel at ease.
Drs. Kapperman, White, and McGarvey
1720 Gunbarrel Rd #100, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Patients consistently commend the excellent customer service, knowledgeable staff, and thorough eye exams at Kapperman, White, McGarvey Eye Care. They especially appreciate the patience shown to those with special needs and the high-quality frames available. However, one patient felt there was poor communication about insurance coverage and extra imaging fees.
- Knowledgeable and patient staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff members for their patience, knowledge, and professionalism. They were described as being helpful in selecting frames, explaining procedures and options, and making patients feel comfortable during the exams.
- Comprehensive and thorough exams: Many reviewers commented on the thoroughness and detail of the eye exams they received at this eye care center. They appreciated the explanations provided by the doctors and felt confident in their expertise. Some reviewers specifically mentioned that this was the most thorough eye exam they had ever had.
- Excellent customer service: The majority of reviewers mentioned the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at the eye care center. They appreciated the professionalism of the staff and mentioned that they felt well taken care of. Many reviewers also highlighted the helpfulness of the staff in navigating insurance coverage and providing options for frames.
6117 Ooltewah Georgetown Rd STE 109, Ooltewah, TN 37363
Epic Optical’s reviews highlight their professional, thorough eye exams and friendly, helpful staff. Customers describe the office as clean and modern, with a wide selection of frames. Patients feel their prescriptions are accurate.
- Exceptional service and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers appreciated the expertise of the doctors and staff at Epic Optical, highlighting their thoroughness in conducting eye exams and ensuring that all aspects of the exam were understood by the patients.
- State-of-the-art equipment and a wide selection of frames: The office is described as brand new and equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Reviewers also mentioned the large selection of frames available to choose from, making it easier to find the perfect pair of glasses.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at Epic Optical are consistently praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and excellent customer service, making the overall experience pleasant and enjoyable.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
5307 TN-153 #101, Hixson, TN 37343
Positive reviews commend the eye doctors for their attentive service, extensive knowledge, and ability to put patients at ease during exams. Patients also appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, with many reviewers planning to return for future eye care.
- The staff at Visionworks in Hixson is friendly and attentive.
- The appointment process is easy and convenient, with online scheduling available.
- Dr. Cox is knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to explain things during the eye exam.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
5756 TN-153 Suite 120, Hixson, TN 37343
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for their friendly staff, efficient appointments, knowledgeable doctors, affordable pricing, wide frame selection, and comprehensive eye exams. A few customers did note some negatives regarding customer service, communication, and eyeglass quality.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention how nice and welcoming the staff at this eye care center are. They create a comfortable and pleasant environment for patients.
- Fast and efficient service: Reviews highlight how quick and streamlined the entire process was, from the eye exam to selecting frames. Many reviewers were seen promptly without long wait times.
- Helpful and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews mention the doctors taking the time to explain each step of the eye exam and providing thorough information. They ensure that patients understand their vision health and options for glasses or contacts.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.