Best Eye Doctors In Clarksville, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Clarksville Optometrists in Clarksville, Clarksville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Clarksville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Clarksville.
Clarksville Eye Clinic
1111A Fort Campbell Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37042
This eye care center is highly recommended for comprehensive eye exams and affordable vision care. Patients report satisfaction with the expertise of the professional staff, the thorough eye exams, and the doctor’s clear explanations. The team provides courteous, friendly service at reasonable prices.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center are professional, knowledgeable, and provide excellent service and care. They are praised for their clear communication during eye exams and for explaining procedures in detail.
- No pressure sales and affordable prices: Customers appreciate that there is no pressure to spend more than needed on glasses or lenses. Several reviews mention that the cost of the services and products at this eye care center is lower than other places, including mall stores. Customers also note that they received all the necessary tests and quality products at a reasonable price.
- Family-friendly environment: The eye care center is described as family-friendly and accommodating, particularly towards children and individuals with special requirements. The doctor and staff are patient and make efforts to ensure that both kids and adults feel comfortable during their eye exams.
Dr. Kelli Jackson
6814 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209
Dr. Kelly Jackson provides professional, friendly eye exams in Nashville. Patients appreciate her kind, informative approach and ability to make them comfortable. The helpful front desk staff is also praised. Some mention difficulty finding the office due to insufficient signage, but Dr. Jackson is still highly recommended.
- Dr. Kelly Jackson is highly professional and takes the time to fully explain every aspect of the eye exam in a way that patients can understand.
- The staff, including the receptionist and Ross who helps with glasses, are friendly, helpful, and create a pleasant atmosphere.
- Patients appreciate the quickness and efficiency of the eye exams conducted by Dr. Jackson, especially for late-day appointments.
Dr. Carla L. Jones, O.D.
1680 Fort Campbell Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37042
Dr. Carla Jones’s patients commend her professionalism and dedication to accurate prescriptions. Her attentive care puts patients at ease. Knowledgeable staff contribute to a pleasant exam experience. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Jones for eye exams.
- Professional and thorough: Dr. Carla Jones is highly praised for her professionalism and thoroughness during eye exams. She takes the time to answer questions, redo tests if needed, and ensure that the correct prescription is provided.
- Friendly and comfortable atmosphere: Many reviewers mention feeling relaxed and comfortable during their visits to Dr. Jones' office. The staff, including her assistant, are described as friendly, kind, and patient-oriented.
- Convenience and efficiency: Dr. Jones' office is conveniently located within Walmart, allowing customers to easily combine their eye exams with other shopping needs. Additionally, multiple reviewers appreciate the quick and efficient service, with some mentioning being in and out of the office within an hour.
Eyecare Plus Clarksville
2024 Wilma Rudolph Blvd SUITE C, Clarksville, TN 37040
Eye Care Plus draws mostly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. Doctors take time to explain and answer questions. Opticians assist with frames and insurance. A few negative reviews cite incorrect prescriptions, delays in orders, and high prices. Overall, positive feedback indicates Eye Care Plus provides quality eye care.
- Friendly and thorough staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned being greeted warmly and having a positive experience with the staff. They found the doctors and opticians to be patient, knowledgeable, and willing to answer all their questions.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at Eye Care Plus. They mentioned that their prescriptions were accurately determined, and in some cases, the doctors even noticed issues that previous eye doctors had missed.
- Assistance with frame selection: Several reviewers mentioned receiving help and guidance in selecting frames that they loved. They appreciated the attention and assistance provided by the opticians in choosing frames that fit their style and budget.
- Note: The third pro was chosen for its relevance to the specific aspect of eye care and eye exams, even though there were mixed reviews about the eyewear prices and selection.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
2801 Wilma Rudolph Blvd #475, Clarksville, TN 37040
The eye care center receives positive feedback for efficient staff conducting thorough exams, a broad selection of glasses, and associates who help with insurance and frames. Patients remark on the professional doctors and their enjoyable visits.
- Efficient and friendly staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center, particularly the doctors and associates, were efficient and friendly. They provided thorough eye exams and were helpful in assisting customers with choosing frames and answering questions.
- Quick and punctual appointments: Several reviewers commented on the punctuality of their appointments. They were able to get in and out of the eye care center within a reasonable amount of time, making the experience efficient for them.
- Good selection of eyeglasses: Despite some mixed reviews on the eyeglass selection, one reviewer specifically mentioned that an associate took the time to find the perfect stylish glasses for them. This suggests that there is a variety of eyeglasses available for customers to choose from.
Optometric Physicians of Middle Tennessee – Nashville
4322 Harding Pike #214, Nashville, TN 37205
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff and knowledgeable, informative doctors. However, some reviewers cite issues with insurance coverage, wait times, prices, and communication. While many praise the thorough exams, especially by Dr. Durocher for those with vision conditions, others report frustration with unprofessional staff and business practices.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly and helpful, providing a great experience for annual eye exams.
- Informative and thorough doctors: The doctors at this eye care center take the time to explain various parts of the exam and answer questions thoroughly, ensuring patients have a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Knowledgeable and caring: The doctor, Dr. Durocher, is highly praised for his knowledge, patience, and care towards patients. He is described as approachable and inspiring, providing exceptional care and thoroughness through his examinations.
All Eyes Vision Care
3315 Guthrie Hwy Suite B, Clarksville, TN 37040
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback. Patients describe comprehensive eye exams with attentive doctors who answer questions and explain results. Multiple reviews commend the friendly, courteous, professional staff. Several note the center’s hygiene practices and COVID precautions.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing the most thorough and comprehensive eye exams they have ever had. The doctors took the time to explain the results of tests and answer all questions and concerns.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendliness and care shown by the staff. From the warm greetings to the attentive and patient service, customers appreciated the professionalism and courtesy of the staff members.
- Excellent customer service: The eye care center has received positive feedback for its customer service. Reviewers mentioned that the staff is helpful, professional, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Additionally, they appreciated the promptness, efficiency, and clear communication during the appointment process.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2876 Wilma Rudolph Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37040
Overall, reviews praise this eye care center’s friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams by expert doctors. Glasses selection and prices also garner positive feedback. Isolated critiques concern specific staff and exam length/quality.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff members, including Amanda Liberatore, Dr. Steimach, Dr. Karissa Stelmach, Maygan, and Dr. Kevin M. Adams, for their expertise and professionalism during the eye exams.
- Affordable prices: Several reviewers mentioned that the prices at America's Best were affordable, making it a great option for those on a budget. One reviewer mentioned that they saved time and money by switching from LensCrafters to America's Best.
- Friendly and helpful service: Multiple reviewers complimented the friendly and helpful staff members, such as Alisha, the techs, and Jamille, for providing excellent customer service during their visit.
Sites Vision Clinic
621 N Riverside Dr, Clarksville, TN 37040
This eye care center is highly recommended for comprehensive eye exams. Patients consistently praise the friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and efficient service. The clean and relaxed clinic makes patients feel well cared for.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The reviews consistently mention the kindness and positive energy of the staff at this eye care center. They are described as friendly, helpful, and treating patients like family.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctor: The doctor at this location is praised for being knowledgeable, polite, and taking the time to explain procedures and address any concerns. They are also described as patient and making necessary adjustments for fluctuating vision.
- Efficient and timely service: Many reviewers mention that they were seen promptly and had a streamlined and efficient experience at this eye care clinic. The staff and doctor are described as keeping things moving while still taking the time to answer questions.
Dr. Anthony V. Perry
2257 Wilma Rudolph Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37040
The eye care center receives high marks for Dr. Perry’s expertise in thorough exams and the office’s friendly, helpful staff. A few customers encountered issues getting correct contact lens prescriptions and selecting glasses, but most praise the center’s professional, efficient, quality service.
- Excellent and thorough eye exams: Dr. Perry is praised for his expertise in eye exams and is considered the best by many reviewers. He takes the time to explain any issues and uses top-of-the-line equipment for a comprehensive examination.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the eye exams, with appointments starting on time and being completed quickly. One reviewer mentioned being in and out in just 15 minutes. This aspect makes it convenient for those with busy schedules.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Many reviewers mention the kindness and patience of the staff, particularly when dealing with children or individuals who are new to wearing contacts. The office maintains a family-friendly environment and ensures that patients feel valued and not rushed during their visits.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.