Best Eye Doctors In Bristol, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bristol Optometrists in Bristol, Bristol, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bristol reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bristol.
Dermatology Associates and Cosmetic Center Bristol, TN
3183 W State St, Bristol, TN 37620
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its helpful front desk staff, knowledgeable doctors, professional nurses, and welcoming, respectful, caring environment. Patients cite prompt, thorough, expert care from doctors and nurses, with many highly recommending the center.
- The front desk staff is helpful and informative, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- The doctors and nurses are knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly, making patients feel comfortable and confident in their work.
- The staff is professional, prompt, and efficient, minimizing wait times for appointments.
2554 TN-394, Blountville, TN 37617
Destination Eye Care patients report high satisfaction with the quality of care, friendly staff, easy scheduling, prompt appointments, thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors, beautiful facility, and helpful receptionists. Many patients recommend this practice and plan to return.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at Destination Eye Care were comprehensive and thorough, with the doctors taking their time to explain the process and answer any questions.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff at Destination Eye Care for being friendly, kind, and patient. They felt welcomed and valued as patients, and appreciated the personalized care they received.
Dr. Torrey J. Carlson & Associates
554 Pinnacle Pkwy #701, Bristol, TN 37620
Customers speak highly of their experiences at this eye care center. Patients appreciate the doctors for their expertise, attentiveness, and congenial manner. The staff receives accolades for professionalism, helpfulness, and knowledge. Exams are thorough, efficient, and incorporate new technologies. Many customers intend to return and recommend this eye care center to others.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: The reviews consistently highlight the expertise and professionalism of the eye doctors, emphasizing their extensive knowledge and thoroughness in conducting eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and courteous nature of the office staff, creating a welcoming and pleasant environment for patients.
- Up-to-date technology and equipment: Reviewers appreciate the use of modern technology and state-of-the-art equipment, which enhances the accuracy and efficiency of the eye exams.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
1262 Volunteer Pkwy, Bristol, TN 37620
Most reviewers describe the eye care center’s staff as helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Appointments are quick while still providing patient, quality care – even for young children. However, one customer reported unprofessional behavior by an optometrist, leading to a poor experience.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and patient, especially when it comes to children's eye exams and picking out glasses.
- The facility is clean and the doctors are knowledgeable, providing excellent eye exams and selection of frames for glasses.
- The staff is courteous, accommodating, and provides personal attention to each patient, making the experience professional and pleasant.
Envision Eye Care – Bristol
321 Midway Medical Park, Bristol, TN 37620
The eye care center is well regarded for thorough, friendly eye exams and helpful staff. While most praise the knowledgeable doctors and attentive service, some experienced rushed appointments with inattentive staff and unclean facilities.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. This creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and Comprehensive Exams: Several reviewers express satisfaction with the thoroughness of their eye exams. They appreciate the attention to detail and the comprehensive approach to eye care.
- Knowledgeable and Informative Doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are highly regarded for their expertise and ability to explain issues in simple terms. Patients appreciate their professionalism and the trust they inspire.
Best Practice Family Care
2137 Volunteer Pkwy suite 5, Bristol, TN 37620
Patients consistently have positive experiences at this eye care center. Dr. Kimi Guffey receives acclaim for her competence, attentiveness, and thorough exams. The friendly, caring, and professional staff cultivate a welcoming and immaculate environment. Patients enthusiastically recommend this practice for its outstanding care and personal touch.
- Excellent Patient Care: Many reviews highlight the personalized and attentive care received from the eye care provider, Kimi Guffey. She is described as thorough, patient, and a good listener who takes the time to address concerns and treat patients as individuals.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: The front office staff and receptionists are praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and welcoming demeanor. Patients feel valued, cared for, and appreciated from the moment they walk through the door.
- Clean and Inviting Environment: The office is consistently described as clean, warm, and welcoming. Patients appreciate the comfortable atmosphere and the attention to cleanliness and maintenance in the facility.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
424 Pinnacle Pkwy Suite 234, Bristol, TN 37620
America’s Best eye exams and glasses received mostly positive reviews for quality, price, and friendly staff who were knowledgeable and helpful during eye exams and with selecting frames and lenses. A few negative reviews mentioned long waits, unexpected fees, and dissatisfaction with management. Overall, the eye care center was highly recommended for service by most customers.
- Employees treat customers equally and go above and beyond to find the best deal for their budget without pressure.
- Thorough eye exams and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain any changes in eyes.
Vision Best Eye Care
11663 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934
Customers describe prompt, thorough, and friendly experiences at Vision Best Eye Care with Dr. Best. Her attentive service, professionalism, and excellent bedside manner are highly recommended. The only critique mentioned is a limited frame selection.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention how the staff at this eye care center is helpful, attentive, and friendly. Patients feel well taken care of and valued.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Best is praised for her thoroughness, knowledge, and ability to explain conditions in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. Patients appreciate her professionalism and expertise.
- Comfortable and clean facility: The office is described as comfortable, clean, and high-tech. Patients feel at ease and well-cared for during their visits.
Mountain Empire Eye Physicians
3185 W State St #2010, Bristol, TN 37620
Dr. Hicks is renowned for his skill in diagnosing eye issues and achieving excellent surgical outcomes, particularly with cataracts. While some patients reported long waits and discourteous staff, Drs. Bradley, Aebi, and Bunning are commended for their compassion and attentiveness. Most patients appreciate the professionalism and helpfulness of the Mountain Empire Eye Physicians staff.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Reviewers praised multiple doctors at this eye care center for their expertise, compassion, and ability to explain conditions and procedures clearly.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They mentioned positive experiences with receptionists, technicians, and nurses who made them feel valued and took the time to address their concerns. One reviewer also mentioned that the office worked with them on insurance coverage.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Tennessee
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.07% of people aged 40-64 and 11.9% of people aged 65+ in Tennessee experienced blindness or difficulty seeing. in Tennessee, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Tennessee
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Tennessee.
- The In Tennessee in 2018, people with diabetes had more than double the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 15.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 7.4% of the general population. and In Tennessee in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (13%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (7.4%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 5.6 percentage points. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Tennessee
- In Tennessee, 7.4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Tennessee
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.93% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.07% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Tennessee face even higher rates at 11.9%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Tennessee
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Tennessee.
- 15.2% of those with diabetes and 13% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Tennessee
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.88% of children in Tennessee having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.65% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Tennessee
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Tennessee.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.