Best Eye Doctors In Mount Pleasant, SC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mount Pleasant Optometrists in Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mount Pleasant reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mount Pleasant.
Carolina Eyecare Physicians – Mt. Pleasant I
1101 Clarity Rd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Patients were extremely satisfied with the eye care and surgeries received from Dr. Solomon, commending his expertise. Reviews indicated short wait times, an accommodating staff, and transformative experiences. The center comes highly recommended for cataract surgery and LASIK.
- Short wait times and welcoming staff who are attentive to answering questions during the eye exam process.
- Highly skilled and caring team that provides comprehensive eye exams and explains the benefits and limitations of surgery for conditions like cataracts, resulting in improved vision.
3070 N Hwy 17 #201, Mt Pleasant, SC 29466, United States
Sweetgrass Eyecare provides comprehensive eye exams with a friendly, professional staff that puts patients at ease. Patients consistently compliment Dr. Curry’s expertise and clear communication.
- Thorough and caring eye exams: Reviewers praised Dr. Curry and the staff for their thoroughness during eye exams and for taking the time to address any questions or concerns.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and accommodating nature of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visits.
- Professional and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Curry was highly praised for her professionalism, efficiency, and expertise, providing comprehensive exams and explaining everything in terms that patients could understand.
Dr. David Eulau
1113 Market Center Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Dr. Eulau and his eye care center are widely praised for the doctor’s professionalism, clear explanations and thorough eye exams. Patients also appreciate the helpful and knowledgeable staff, and minimal wait times.
- Dr. Eulau is a professional who takes the time to explain vision changes and help patients make informed decisions for their eye health.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and genuinely caring, providing a positive and pleasant experience during eye exams.
- The eye exams are thorough and efficient, with no pressure to purchase products.
Carolina Eyecare Physicians: Gene Howard, M.D.
1101 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Patients consistently commend the professionalism, friendliness, and efficiency of the staff at this eye care center, as well as the personal attention and willingness of Dr. Howard to explain procedures. The majority of reviews are extremely positive, with just one negative review expressing dissatisfaction with cosmetic eye surgery results. Overall, Dr. Howard and his team come highly recommended for their attentive eye care services.
- Highly professional and attentive staff: Many reviewers praised the professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness of Dr. Howard and his staff. From the receptionists to the surgical team, the staff was commended for their friendly and helpful approach.
- Excellent surgical procedures: Numerous reviewers mentioned that they had undergone eye surgeries with Dr. Howard and were very pleased with the results. They mentioned experiencing little discomfort, quick healing, and positive outcomes. Dr. Howard's surgical skills were highly recommended by these reviewers.
- Personalized care and follow-up: Several reviewers were impressed by the personalized care they received from Dr. Howard. They mentioned that he took the time to thoroughly explain procedures and answer questions, and even personally called to check up on them post-surgery. The follow-up care and attention provided by Dr. Howard and his team contributed to a positive overall experience for these reviewers.
1708 Towne Centre Way, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Dr. Marshall provides thorough, informative eye exams and clearly explains results. Jasmine, Alayne, Dan offer professional, helpful glasses selection. This LensCrafters location praised for timeliness, professionalism, exceptional customer service, making it the go-to for exams and eyewear. One negative review notes disappointing experience with summer employee lacking expertise while praising Dr. Marshall. Overall, reviews are positive, appreciate knowledgeable, friendly staff, quick service, and same-day glasses.
- Dr. Marshall provides thorough and informative eye exams, leaving patients with confidence in their results.
- The staff, including Jasmine and Alayne, are professional, knowledgeable, and helpful in assisting with the selection of frames and purchases.
- The team at this location, including Dr. Marshall, Dr. Marshall, Jamie, Jennifer, and Trinity, offers exceptional customer service, speedy services, and accommodates urgent situations.
Vision Center At Seaside Farms
1296 Long Grove Dr, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Dr. Coker and Dr. Bodkin receive high marks for their expertise, clear communication, and attentive care. The Vision Center’s friendly, knowledgeable staff provide efficient service, though some patients report issues with appointment cancellations and unhelpful staff.
- Pleasant staff and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff, as well as the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by the doctors, particularly Dr. Coker and Dr. Bodkin. They take the time to explain the exam process and results in a way that patients can understand.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the quick and efficient service at The Vision Center. Patients mention that they did not have to wait long for their appointments, and the visits were thorough yet quick. The staff is also praised for their responsiveness to questions and concerns.
- Expertise and care in handling eye issues: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and care provided by the doctors at The Vision Center. They mention instances where the doctors went above and beyond to address specific eye issues, such as finding a new eye condition or successfully fitting contact lenses for a difficult case. The professionalism and genuine concern for patients are highly valued.
1710 Shoremeade Rd #420, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for their friendly and helpful staff, thorough eye exams, and wide selection of frames. Patients appreciate the assistance in choosing glasses and contacts. While a few negative reviews were noted regarding wait times, most customers report a positive experience.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Customers reported being in and out of the eye care center in a short amount of time, making it convenient for those with busy schedules.
- Helpful and friendly staff: The staff and optometrists at the eye care center were praised for their friendliness and willingness to assist customers in finding the best glasses and contacts for their needs.
- Extensive selection of frames: Customers appreciated the wide range of frame styles available at the eye care center, making it easy to find a pair that suits their taste and face shape.
D.J. Miller O.D. and Associates
1300 Long Grove Dr, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for their professional, friendly, and thorough doctors and staff. Patients report efficient, quick visits and appreciate help selecting frames and contacts. However, one patient did experience a longer than usual wait for an appointment.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided at this center are thorough and performed by knowledgeable and professional doctors. They take the time to listen to concerns and provide explanations throughout the process.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Efficient and quick visits: Several reviews mention that the visits to this eye care center were quick and efficient. Patients were able to get in and out without much wait time, making it a convenient option for busy individuals.
Low Country Vision Center
1903 N Hwy 17 #100, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
This eye care center is known for its friendly, professional staff. Patients consistently praise the thorough eye exams, expert help selecting frames, and excellent customer service. The personal attention makes many feel comfortable and well cared for. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this center for its outstanding service and care.
- Immediate eye exams without appointment: Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to walk in without an appointment and receive an eye exam immediately.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, from the receptionist to the doctor. Customers feel welcomed and well taken care of during their visit.
- Thorough and professional service: Customers praise the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye care provided at this location. The doctors are attentive, explain things well, and offer comprehensive exams and treatments.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in South Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in South Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in South Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in South Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in South Carolina.
- The In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 12.3% among those with diabetes, which is more than twice the overall percentage of 5.71%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.46%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.71%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.75%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in South Carolina
- In South Carolina, 5.71% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in South Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.87% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in South Carolina face even higher rates at 8.29%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in South Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in South Carolina.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 8.46% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in South Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.92% of children in South Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in South Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.71% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in South Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.