Best Eye Doctors In Lexington, SC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lexington Optometrists in Lexington, Lexington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lexington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lexington.
189 Harbison Blvd A, Columbia, SC 29212
Patients appreciate the professional, friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors who make them feel comfortable during exams at this affordable eye care center. Appointments are efficient and products are quality.
- Efficient and prompt service: One reviewer mentioned being able to schedule an eye exam and complete the process within an hour. Another reviewer appreciated being able to get an eye exam without an appointment.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned positive interactions with staff members who were knowledgeable, patient, and assisted them in selecting frames and explaining the eye exam process.
- Affordable prices: While some reviewers expressed dissatisfaction with pricing, there were also positive mentions of good deals and affordability, such as a 2 pair of glasses for $80 and a very affordable contact lens refill without insurance coverage.
Vision Therapy Institute
3618 Sunset Blvd # A, West Columbia, SC 29169
The eye care center is highly recommended for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and pleasant patient experience, particularly with children and those with special needs. Most reviewers report smooth, satisfactory eye exams, though some cite issues with blurry lenses or appointment confusion. Overall, most reviewers would return and recommend exams here.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the office staff being sweet, kind, and knowledgeable. They provide a positive and welcoming atmosphere, making patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are quick yet thorough. The doctors take their time to listen to patients' concerns and ensure that they receive accurate and comprehensive eye exams.
- Great with children: The eye care center is praised for their ability to handle young patients, including infants and children with special needs. The staff and doctors are patient and gentle while performing the exams, making it a recommended place for families.
Columbia Eye Clinic
100 Palmetto Park Blvd, Lexington, SC 29072
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its comprehensive eye exams and skilled, professional doctors. Some concerns exist around appointment availability and contact lens support. Even so, patients recommend the friendly, efficient staff.
- Thorough and meticulous eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at Columbia Eye Clinic are thorough and detailed. Patients felt confident in the care they received and appreciated the attention to detail from the doctors.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Many reviews praised the doctors at Columbia Eye Clinic for their expertise and professionalism. Patients felt that the doctors explained the exam process and results clearly, and they had confidence in the doctors' knowledge and skills.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at Columbia Eye Clinic. Patients felt welcomed and supported throughout their visit, and they appreciated the assistance provided by the staff members.
Eyecare Center Irmo
7455 Irmo Dr, Columbia, SC 29212
Overall, customers found their eye exam experiences with Dr. King’s office to be largely positive, highlighting attentive and thorough care from a friendly staff. While some reviews mentioned dissatisfaction with billing and customer service, most feedback indicates competent optometry services. Thus Dr. King comes recommended for quality eye care in the Columbia area.
- Convenient and flexible scheduling, even for impromptu appointments
- Friendly and helpful staff, providing great customer service
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams, with clear explanations
Eye Care of Lexington
119 Library Hill Ln, Lexington, SC 29072
This eye care center receives positive reviews for its professional, unrushed eye exams. Patients describe the doctors as thorough and willing to explain things in detail. The friendly, helpful staff and nice facility with modern equipment also draw praise. Patients report satisfaction and recommend this center.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams provided at this location were thorough and not rushed. They appreciated the level of care and attention given during the examination.
- Professional and friendly staff: Several reviewers praised the professionalism, kindness, and helpfulness of the staff at this eye care center. They felt well taken care of and had positive interactions with both the doctors and the support staff.
- State-of-the-art equipment: One reviewer mentioned that the office utilizes state-of-the-art equipment, which enhanced their experience during the eye exam. This suggests that the center is up-to-date with the latest technology, potentially leading to more accurate diagnoses and treatments.
Martinez Eye Associates
201 Harbison Blvd, Columbia, SC 29212
Martinez Eye Associates is highly recommended for comprehensive eye exams and service. Customers praise the thoroughness and care of Drs. Valerie Gallo and Mallory Troyer, the friendly staff, clean office, and COVID safety. Occasional phone access issues are the only drawback mentioned in otherwise glowing reviews.
- Thorough and kid-friendly eye exams: The eye doctor at Martinez Eye Associates is praised for being thorough and great with kids, making the experience enjoyable for children.
- Friendly staff and great service: Many reviewers mention the friendly and accommodating staff, as well as the excellent service provided by the eye care center.
- Comprehensive and meticulous eye exams: The eye care professionals at Martinez Eye Associates are commended for providing comprehensive and meticulous eye exams. They take the time to listen to patients' concerns and ensure the best possible vision correction.
Eyes on the Lake
2914 Dreher Shoals Rd suite a, Irmo, SC 29063
Eyes on the Lake offers a thorough and efficient eye exam experience with knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff. Their office features modern styles and technology. Many patients compliment the professional, prompt, and attentive customer service. However, some have experienced insurance claim issues and difficulty getting appointments for specialized needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at Eyes on the Lake. They are described as being nice, professional, and attentive, making patients feel welcome and comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews mention the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by Dr. Daniels. Patients appreciate his attention to detail and the use of advanced technology during the exams, ensuring a comprehensive evaluation of their eye health.
- Efficient service: Many reviewers comment on the efficient and prompt service provided by the staff at Eyes on the Lake. They appreciate that they didn't have to wait long to be seen by the doctor or to receive their eye exam results. The quick turnaround time for appointments is also mentioned positively.
Palmetto Eye Care
6961 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC 29212
Dr. Zuba is known for his detailed eye exams and clear explanations. Patients describe the staff as friendly and helpful. The practice offers advanced technology, COVID-19 safety measures, and a wide selection of eyewear. Patients recommend Dr. Zuba at Palmetto Eye Care for his professional and comprehensive eye care.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Customers praised Dr. Zuba for his thoroughness and knowledge during their eye exams. He takes the time to explain every detail and ensures that patients understand their eye health.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and compassionate staff at this eye care center. From the front desk to the opticians, customers felt cared for and appreciated the level of service they received.
- Latest technology and no air or eye dilation required: Dr. Zuba's clinic is equipped with the latest technology, eliminating the need for eye dilation or blowing air into the eyes during the exams. This was highlighted as a positive aspect by reviewers.
Columbia Eye Clinic
3227 Sunset Blvd Suite C, West Columbia, SC 29169
The West Columbia eye care center was praised for its professional, friendly staff and thoughtful eye care recommendations. However, one patient was dissatisfied with needing a referral and perceived impatience from scheduling. Other patients appreciated the respectful, helpful staff, doctor explanations and successful surgeries. Most reviewers recommended the clinic for its competent, kind and professional care.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who provide a valid assessment based on individual needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to answer questions and provide thorough explanations.
- Competence and kindness of the doctors, especially in cataract surgeries, make the experience smooth and relatively painless.
4723a Sunset Blvd, Lexington, SC 29072
Dr. Davis provides attentive, individualized eye care. Patients recommend his expertise performing thorough exams and cataract surgery. They appreciate his clear explanations and genuine concern for their vision health.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Davis provides thorough and comprehensive eye exams, going above and beyond what other doctors have done. Patients appreciate his attention to detail and individualized approach.
- Excellent bedside manner: Dr. Davis is praised for his compassionate and professional bedside manner. He takes the time to listen to patients' concerns, explain their diagnosis and treatment options, and make them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Successful cataract surgeries: Several reviews highlight Dr. Davis' expertise in performing successful cataract surgeries. Patients have experienced significant improvements in their vision post-surgery and are grateful for the life-changing results.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The office staff, including the front desk and nurses, are mentioned as being friendly, professional, and helpful. They create a welcoming and positive environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and experienced: Dr. Davis is described as knowledgeable and experienced in his field. Patients appreciate his expertise and trust him with their eye care needs.
- Personalized care: Patients feel valued and important during their visits with Dr. Davis. He takes the time to understand their concerns and tailor his approach to their specific needs.
- Minimal wait times and efficient registration: Reviews mention that the wait times are brief and the registration process for new patients is quick and easy.
- Clear and thorough communication: Patients appreciate Dr. Davis' ability to explain complex medical information in a way that is easy to understand. They feel well-informed and confident in their treatment plan.
- Highly recommended: Numerous reviews recommend Dr. Davis and his staff to others seeking eye care services. Patients feel confident referring their friends and family to his practice.
- Overall, the reviews indicate that Dr. Davis and his team provide excellent, personalized eye care with a focus on patient satisfaction and successful outcomes.
Irmo Eye Center
101 Oak Park Dr, Irmo, SC 29063
Patients praised the eye care center’s friendly, helpful staff for fitting in exams, assisting with frames, and accurately diagnosing overlooked conditions, preventing further vision loss. The team eased difficult situations when treating acute glaucoma. Optician Kengi McGahee and Dr. Manno received excellent reviews. Overall, patients highly recommend the knowledgeable, patient-focused staff.
- Convenient scheduling: The eye care center was able to fit customers in for eye exams on the spot, even without an appointment.
- Thorough and accurate diagnosis: Customers praised the eye doctors at the center for being able to identify serious eye and neurological conditions that had been missed by other doctors during numerous exams.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff, including the optician, were friendly, knowledgeable, and took the time to answer questions and address concerns.
My Pharmacy and Optical
808 US-378 Suite A, Lexington, SC 29072
Customers describe thorough eye exams by Dr. McTague and helpful assistance from knowledgable opticians at My Pharmacy and Optical. Staff efficiently guides customers in selecting ideal prescription or sunglasses. One customer struggled adjusting to new bifocals but most appreciate the exceptional personalized service.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. McTague provided thorough eye exams, ensuring that all necessary tests and measurements were taken.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Customers appreciate the assistance of the optical staff, such as Cymira and Lori, in choosing frames and navigating insurance billing. The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and going above and beyond in providing exceptional service.
William R. Reynolds, OD
5166 Sunset Blvd, Lexington, SC 29072
Patients appreciate the eye care center’s knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough yet efficient eye exams. Many mention the minimal wait times and prompt appointment scheduling. Overall, they describe a positive atmosphere with friendly staff that leads to an excellent patient experience.
- The eye care center has a wide range of frames to choose from, with various styles and brands. It's great to have options when it comes to finding the perfect pair of eyeglasses."
- The staff at this eye care center are friendly and knowledgeable. They took the time to explain each step of the eye exam process and answered all of my questions. I felt well-informed and comfortable."
340 W Butler St, Lexington, SC 29072
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for their friendly staff, thorough eye exams, and attentive care. Dr. Kanitkar was commended for detecting a mild stroke in one patient and achieving successful cataract surgery outcomes. However, some patients expressed concern regarding lapses in COVID-19 protocols among certain staff. In general, customers were pleased with the center’s knowledgeable, caring doctors.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, helpful, and professional, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Thorough and proficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they received thorough and proficient eye exams, ensuring their eye health was well taken care of.
- Excellent doctors: Several reviewers specifically praised the doctors for their knowledge, care, and effectiveness in diagnosing and treating eye conditions.
Sansbury Eye Center
275 Harbison Blvd # T, Columbia, SC 29212
Sansbury Eye Center is lauded for its friendly staff, thorough exams using advanced technology, prompt communication, and exceptional service. Patients appreciate accommodations, loaner contacts, and wide frame selection. One review cited issues with pricing and insurance communication.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The eye care center is known for its friendly and smiling staff that greets customers upon arrival. The staff is quick to attend to customers' needs, whether it's an eye exam, glasses adjustment, or picking up contacts.
- Thorough and advanced eye exams: Customers appreciate the state-of-the-art machinery used during the eye exams, which provide detailed pictures of their eyes. One customer specifically mentioned feeling relieved after the exam, as the doctor reassured them that their macula was clear.
- Excellent customer service and responsiveness: Several reviewers praised the staff for their helpfulness and professionalism. They were pleased with the level of customer care received, from getting the glasses they needed to having their contact lenses in stock for a last-minute request.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in South Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in South Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in South Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in South Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in South Carolina.
- The In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 12.3% among those with diabetes, which is more than twice the overall percentage of 5.71%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.46%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.71%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.75%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in South Carolina
- In South Carolina, 5.71% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in South Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.87% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in South Carolina face even higher rates at 8.29%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in South Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in South Carolina.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 8.46% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in South Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.92% of children in South Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in South Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.71% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in South Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.