Best Eye Doctors In Hardeeville, SC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hardeeville Optometrists in Hardeeville, Hardeeville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hardeeville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hardeeville.
1050 Fording Island Rd, Bluffton, SC 29910
Dr. Crockett provides attentive eye exams appreciated for professionalism and personal care. His friendly staff helps with insurance and is knowledgeable when finding eyeglasses or contacts. Patients recommend Target Optical overall.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams conducted by Dr. Crockett.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide personalized care and assistance.
- Convenient location within Target, making it easy to access eye care services while shopping.
Carolina Eyecare Physicians: David Drew Hunter, MD
10 William Pope Dr, Okatie, SC 29909
Dr. Hunter’s patients report high satisfaction with his thorough and knowledgeable approach. They value his openness to collaborating with specialists and addressing follow-up needs. Many share positive experiences with cataract surgeries and vision improvement under Dr. Hunter’s care. Patients describe his accommodating, informative office team favorably. Overall, Dr. Hunter engenders patient confidence and comfort, meriting enthusiastic recommendations.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and provide a comprehensive understanding of the patient's eye health. The doctors take the time to explain the procedures, make recommendations for future care, and address any concerns.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled doctors: Patients are consistently impressed with the knowledge and expertise of the doctors at this center. They feel confident in the doctors' abilities and trust their recommendations for treatments and surgeries. The doctors also demonstrate empathy and show genuine care for their patients, creating a positive and comforting experience.
- Accommodating and friendly staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as helpful, friendly, and accommodating. They take the time to answer questions and provide assistance, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visit.
23 Plantation Park Dr # 401, Bluffton, SC 29910
Dr. Goulas and his staff were commended for their professionalism, thorough exams using modern equipment, punctuality, and welcoming office environment. While most reviews were glowing, one mentioned an unpleasant encounter with the doctor. Still, the preponderance of positive feedback indicates this is an eye care center worth your consideration.
- Highly professional staff: Many reviews highlight the professionalism and knowledge of Dr. Goulas and his staff, making patients feel comfortable and confident in their care.
- Thorough eye examinations: Reviews mention that the eye examinations are thorough and comprehensive, with Dr. Goulas taking the time to explain the process and results in easy-to-understand terms.
- Efficient and friendly service: Patients appreciate the punctuality of appointments, friendly office staff, and smooth processes during their visits.
3 Malphrus Rd Suite 101, Bluffton, SC 29910
Customers recommend Pearl Vision eye care center for its professional, friendly staff providing prompt, helpful service. Knowledgeable, thorough doctors conduct excellent examinations. Staff like Kristle and Ashley accommodate customer needs to find the right frames and prescriptions. The center provides a great experience with its friendly, knowledgeable service.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center as being professional, friendly, and helpful. This creates a positive experience for customers seeking eye exams and check-ups.
- Accommodating and helpful in finding solutions: The staff at this eye care center goes above and beyond to find solutions and accommodate customers' needs. This includes repairing broken glasses, providing alternative lens options, and assisting with insurance and discounts.
- Convenient and efficient service: The eye care center is praised for its efficiency and convenience. Several reviews mention short wait times, quick appointments, and the ability to get glasses and prescriptions promptly.
Optical Solutions- Dr. Michael Campbell & Associates
27 Dr Mellichamp Dr Unit 100, Bluffton, SC 29910
This eye care center receives largely positive reviews. Patients compliment the friendly, knowledgeable staff, highlighting Drs. Campbell, Brezansky and Sirak. Appreciation was expressed for the comprehensive eye exams and assistance choosing glasses. One review cited unnecessary tests and billing issues. Despite this, most patients recommend this center for its excellent service and quality of care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. They listen to patients' needs and provide helpful recommendations for frames, making the overall experience positive and personalized.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the clear and concise explanations of the results. The optometrists take the time to explain the tests and answer any questions, ensuring that patients feel well-informed about their eye health.
- Timely and efficient service: Reviews frequently mention that appointments are easy to schedule and that the office runs on time. Patients appreciate the organized and welcoming atmosphere, along with the quick and efficient service provided by the staff.
1050 Fording Island Rd, Bluffton, SC 29910
Dr. Crockett and his team at Target Optical are lauded for their professional eye exams and attentive customer service. While most experiences are positive, some reviewers note occasional miscommunications and discourteous interactions.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Dr. Crockett is highly experienced and conducts thorough eye exams, taking the time to understand your eye history and discuss the findings in detail.
- Excellent customer service: The staff, including Julia and Christina, are praised for their top-notch customer service, helping patients with everything from scheduling appointments to selecting frames and addressing concerns.
- Good selection of frames and reasonable prices: Target Optical offers a good selection of frames at great prices, allowing customers to take their time and choose the right eyewear without feeling rushed or pressured.
Darling Eye Center
19 Promenade St, Bluffton, SC 29910
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for its comprehensive exams, expert doctors and friendly staff. Patients appreciate the professional yet welcoming office environment and wide selection of eyewear. Many satisfied customers are loyal, long-term patients who enthusiastically recommend this highly rated eye care provider.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews praise the eye center for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that customers receive high-quality care for their eyes.
- Professional and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism, efficiency, and friendliness of the staff at the eye center. The staff is described as knowledgeable, patient, and attentive, creating a comfortable and positive experience for customers.
- Excellent customer service and personalized care: Customers appreciate the personalized attention and care they receive at the eye center. The staff takes the time to listen to concerns, provide thorough explanations, and offer tailored solutions, making customers feel valued and well taken care of.
The Eye Site of Bluffton
104 Buckwalter Pkwy #1c, Bluffton, SC 29910
The Eye Site of Bluffton provides exceptional vision care with knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Jola Rzegocki, who skillfully diagnoses and treats conditions including astigmatism. Their caring staff offers a positive experience, even for children. With reasonable pricing and a convenient location, they come highly recommended.
- Great staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and positive attitude of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are commended for their expertise and ability to diagnose and provide solutions for various vision issues, such as astigmatism.
- Family-friendly: Many reviewers mention bringing their children to this eye care center and praise the staff for being patient and kind with kids, creating a pleasant experience for the whole family.
Kevin Barrows, OD
4 Bluffton Rd, Bluffton, SC 29910
Dr. Barrows receives consistent praise for his attentive care and expertise. Patients describe thorough exams and ample time to address concerns. His office offers professional service in a well-appointed setting with diverse eyewear options. Overall, reviewers recommend Dr. Barrows.
- Dr. Barrows is highly knowledgeable, professional, and takes the time to provide excellent optometric care.
- The eye care center offers a wide range of glasses and add-on features like blue light filters and transitional lenses.
- The staff is well-spoken, courteous, and maintains a clean and pleasant environment.
Dr. Scott M. Anfinson, MD
8 Arley Way #100, Bluffton, SC 29910
Dr. Anfinson provides knowledgeable, caring eye care. Patients appreciate his clear explanations, thorough exams, and emergency surgery guidance. His professional, amazing staff also draw praise.
- Highly knowledgeable and caring doctor who is recommended for anyone with eye issues.
- Excellent care provided by Dr. Anfinson and his staff, with a reputation for professionalism and thoroughness.
- Dr. Anfinson takes his time to explain everything clearly, doesn't rush through appointments, and encourages and explains throughout the whole process, making him a highly recommended doctor.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in South Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in South Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in South Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in South Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in South Carolina.
- The In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 12.3% among those with diabetes, which is more than twice the overall percentage of 5.71%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.46%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.71%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.75%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in South Carolina
- In South Carolina, 5.71% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in South Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.87% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in South Carolina face even higher rates at 8.29%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in South Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in South Carolina.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 8.46% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in South Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.92% of children in South Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in South Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.71% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in South Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.