Best Eye Doctors In Camden, SC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Camden Optometrists in Camden, Camden, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Camden reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Camden.
10110 Two Notch Rd, Columbia, SC 29223
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly service, prompt appointments, and reasonable pricing. However, some customers report difficulty booking appointments, prescription errors, and discourteous staff. In general, most patrons are satisfied and would recommend this provider.
- Friendly and customer-oriented staff.
- Efficient and quick service, including picking out frames, doing paperwork, and getting an eye exam.
- Styles and prices available for every budget.
Apex Eye Care
7499 Parklane Rd, Columbia, SC 29223
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for friendly, welcoming staff and thorough eye exams. Customers cite Dr. Heath’s professionalism and compassion. However, some experienced issues with incorrect prescriptions and unfriendly receptionists.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and cordial, creating a positive and pleasant experience for patients.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Reviewers have praised the optometrists, particularly Dr. Heath, for conducting thorough and efficient eye exams, ensuring that all aspects of eye health are properly addressed.
- Patient-centered approach: The eye care center is commended for taking a patient-centered approach, involving patients in the decision-making process and providing personalized treatment plans that cater to their specific needs and preferences.
Eye Care of Lexington
119 Library Hill Ln, Lexington, SC 29072
The eye care center provides professional, thorough eye exams. Patients report that the doctors explain everything in detail and take care to address all needs. The friendly, helpful staff receives consistent praise. Many reviewers say they would highly recommend this center for eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams conducted at this center are thorough and not rushed, ensuring that all aspects of eye health are addressed.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Reviews highlight the professionalism and knowledge of the doctors at this eye care center, emphasizing their ability to provide informative, detailed explanations and recommendations for eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly, kind, and helpful nature of the staff at this location, contributing to a positive overall experience for patients.
Wilson Family Vision & Associates
10204 Two Notch Rd, Columbia, SC 29229
The eye care center was lauded for their attentive staff, comprehensive eye exams, and tailored recommendations. Patients felt seen and cared for during visits. While some mentioned longer appointment wait times, most praised the clinic’s patient-focused approach and high-quality care.
- Professional staff and doctors who are knowledgeable and patient, answering all questions and explaining aspects of the eye exam.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams that catch issues overlooked by other optometrists.
- Friendly and respectful service, especially for individuals who may have concerns or uncertainties about eye exams.
Martinez Eye Associates
10136 Two Notch Rd #107D, Columbia, SC 29229
This popular eye care center was praised for its personable, knowledgeable doctors and friendly, professional staff. Many patients said they would recommend it for eye exams. However, one reviewer mentioned long wait times and poor communication.
- The staff and doctors are exceptional, friendly, and personable, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for eye exams.
- The eye doctors take the time to ensure proper vision correction, making adjustments until the patient can see clearly, providing a thorough and personalized experience.
- The appointment scheduling and check-in process is efficient, with on-time appointments and professional customer service.
470 Town Center Pl Ste B125, Columbia, SC 29229
The first patient had a positive experience with the eye doctor but was disappointed with the level of service from staff when purchasing lenses. The second patient reported caring and attentive service from both the doctor and staff, resulting in a good overall experience. The third patient appreciated the eye doctor’s engaging manner with their child and the technicians’ patience in providing copies of eye images.
- Friendly and caring staff: Customers mentioned that the staff, including the doctors, technicians, and sales associates, were professional, kind, and had excellent customer service attitudes.
- Engaging and patient eye doctor: One review highlighted a positive experience with an engaging and patient eye doctor who made the eye exam fun and enjoyable, especially for a child's first eye exam.
- Efficient and thorough exams: Several customers mentioned that the eye exams were thorough without feeling rushed, and the efficiency of the process was appreciated.
The Eye and Laser Center
1240 Colonial Commons Ct, Lancaster, SC 29720
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for their fast and efficient service, friendly staff, and comprehensive eye exams. A few reviewers did note some negatives like an unpleasant encounter with an optical staff member and longer than expected wait times. However, most agreed the center provides professional, quality vision care.
- Fast and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this center were quick and didn't take long, allowing them to get in and out of the office in no time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They appreciated the professional and courteous approach of the technicians and doctors who conducted the eye exams.
- Thorough explanations and patient care: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exam process was explained in detail, and they felt comfortable and confident in the care provided by the doctors and staff. Additionally, they appreciated that their questions were answered and that they were not rushed during their visits.
Blythewood Eye Care
204 Langford Rd, Blythewood, SC 29016
Blythewood Eye Care receives excellent reviews for their professional, attentive staff and clean, modern facilities with advanced technology. Most praise the practice’s thorough exams, kind manner, and top-notch customer service, though a couple mention issues like misleading bills or unwillingness to provide a pupillary measurement. Overall, this eye center comes highly recommended for its outstanding care and friendly experts.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness of the staff, including Dr. Beaver and her team. They are praised for their thoroughness, taking the time to explain things, and addressing any concerns.
- State-of-the-art technology: The clinic is commended for its clean, beautiful facility and impressive technology used for eye exams. Reviewers mention the use of advanced technology, which contributes to a high-quality and accurate examination.
- Wide selection of stylish frames: The optical shop offers a wide variety of fashionable frames to choose from. Reviewers appreciate the staff's assistance in selecting frames that fit their face and style. The turnaround time to receive the new frames is also described as expedient.
Eye on Broad
127 Broad St, Sumter, SC 29150
Eye on Broad received mostly positive reviews for its friendly, helpful staff and Dr. Scheele’s thorough eye exams. A few negative reviews concerned new management and insurance not covering digital retinal screening. Overall, Eye on Broad offers a professional, positive patient experience.
- Dr. Scheele and his staff are friendly, thorough, and provide a positive experience during eye exams.
- The office is clean, modern, and has state-of-the-art equipment.
- The staff is helpful and accommodating, especially when it comes to taking care of infants and children during exams.
Columbia Eye Clinic
100 Summit Centre Dr, Columbia, SC 29229
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its professional, friendly staff and thorough, detailed eye exams. A couple negative reviews cite long wait times and dissatisfaction with one doctor, but most customers highly recommend the quality care.
- Professional and friendly staff who interact well with patients.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams conducted by knowledgeable eye doctors.
- Efficient and informative visits that leave patients feeling well-informed about their eye health.
Palmetto Eye Care
6961 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC 29212
Dr. Zuba is consistently praised for his thorough eye exams and attentive care. He personally performs all initial tests, explaining each in detail. His friendly, helpful staff ensures a comfortable, informed visit. Patients express confidence in Dr. Zuba’s expertise and use of the latest technology. While mostly positive, there was one complaint about a scheduling issue and perceived medical knowledge mistake. Overall, he provides comprehensive, quality eye care.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Many reviewers mention that they had the most thorough eye exam they have ever received at this eye care center. The doctor, Dr. Zuba, is highly knowledgeable and takes the time to explain every detail of the exam, ensuring that patients understand their eye health.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and compassionate staff at this eye care center. The staff members are described as welcoming, kind, and patient, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Use of latest technology: Reviewers appreciate that the eye care center utilizes the latest technology, such as computer imaging of the eyes and advanced testing methods. This eliminates the need for uncomfortable procedures like eye dilation or air into the eye, enhancing the overall experience for patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in South Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in South Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in South Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in South Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in South Carolina.
- The In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 12.3% among those with diabetes, which is more than twice the overall percentage of 5.71%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.46%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.71%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.75%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in South Carolina
- In South Carolina, 5.71% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in South Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.87% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in South Carolina face even higher rates at 8.29%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in South Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in South Carolina.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 8.46% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in South Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.92% of children in South Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in South Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.71% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in South Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.