Best Eye Doctors In Anderson, SC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Anderson Optometrists in Anderson, Anderson, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Anderson reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Anderson.
3302 N Main St, Anderson, SC 29621
Customers appreciate the friendly staff, prompt eye exams, and affordably priced glasses at this highly reviewed eye care center. Many mention the professionalism of the doctors and efficient service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Stanton Optical were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They appreciated the assistance they received during their eye exams and when choosing frames.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers were pleased with the quick and efficient service at Stanton Optical. They were able to get their eye exams done promptly, and some even received their glasses on the same day.
- Affordable prices and promotions: Many reviewers mentioned that Stanton Optical offers affordable prices for eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses. They appreciated the budget-friendly experience and mentioned the great promotions and deals available.
2011 E Greenville St, Anderson, SC 29621
The eye care center receives high marks for its friendly, attentive staff, clean and comfortable facilities, and thorough eye exams. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable, professional, and adept at addressing vision needs. Convenience and quality of care also earn positive reviews.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at Clemson Eye were friendly, helpful, and professional, making patients feel at ease and providing excellent care.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers praised the doctors at Clemson Eye for their knowledge and expertise in eye care, specifically mentioning the thoroughness of their eye exams and their ability to identify and address vision issues.
3319 N Main St, Anderson, SC 29621
Customers remarked on the helpfulness and kindness of the staff, particularly during exams and when selecting glasses. They valued the eye doctor’s thoroughness and expertise. Some noted a positive experience with the selection and customer service on the retail side. However, some complained of rude, unhelpful staff, appointment difficulties, and defective glasses not being properly addressed.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, kind, and helpful throughout the eye exam and glasses selection process.
- Great customer service: Several reviewers mentioned receiving excellent customer service, including knowledgeable and attentive employees who went above and beyond to assist them.
- Child-friendly: One parent highly recommended the eye care center for kids, as the eye doctor was great with children and made the experience pleasant.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
104 Station Dr, Anderson, SC 29621
The eye care center has received positive feedback for attentive service, comprehensive eye exams, an informed staff adept at explaining insurance and discounts, and fair pricing with ample frame options.
- The eye exam was thorough and professional, with attentive and courteous staff members.
- The frame selection and prices for glasses were very good, offering a variety of options at affordable rates.
- The staff went above and beyond to ensure insurance benefits and available discounts were maximized, providing great customer service.
Carolina Eye Care
100 Country Club Ln, Anderson, SC 29625
The eye care center was commended for its welcoming staff, especially Drs. Mack, Mak, and Ward. Patients valued the doctors’ attentiveness, clear communication, and care with children. The facility earned acclaim for professional service, modern equipment, and efficiency, though one patient cited an unhelpful receptionist.
- Prompt and accommodating service: The eye care center was able to schedule last-minute appointments and accommodate nervous children, providing a positive experience for patients in need of urgent care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the kindness and patience of the staff, including the eye doctors, who take the time to explain details and make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
2808 E North Ave, Anderson, SC 29625
Family Vision draws positive reviews for thorough eye exams, prompt appointments, and attentive, professional staff. Patients frequently compliment Dr. Graves and Madison by name for their friendly expertise. All ages find quality care and swift service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and genuine demeanor of the staff at Family Vision. They feel cared for and well taken care of by the front desk, technicians, and physicians. The staff is commended for their thoroughness and ability to put patients at ease.
- Efficient and prompt service: Multiple reviewers mention the quick and efficient service provided at Family Vision. They appreciate being able to get in for an appointment sooner than other places, as well as the fast turnaround when ordering contacts and glasses. The minimal wait times and prompt attention to patients are positively highlighted.
- Great customer service: Many reviewers mention the exceptional customer service they received at Family Vision. They feel that the staff goes above and beyond to provide a comfortable and welcoming environment. The team is commended for being attentive, helpful, and accommodating, including working with insurance, addressing concerns, and providing assistance with glasses selection.
Anderson Eye Associates
3319 N Main St, Anderson, SC 29621
Patients have given positive feedback about the eye care center’s thorough exam explanations, easy appointment booking, friendly staff, and attentive doctors. A few negative reviews mentioned broken equipment and feeling overlooked. However, most patients had good experiences, praising the professional, meticulous eye exams.
- Doctors take their time to explain tests and results, ensuring a thorough understanding of the exam.
- Easy appointment scheduling, including availability on weekends.
- Friendly and helpful staff, including the front desk and technicians.
Clemson Eye – Anderson Fant St.
1220 N Fant St, Anderson, SC 29621
Dr. Milford receives positive feedback for his expertise, professionalism, and thorough exams. However, the billing department draws criticism for unresponsiveness and disinterest in resolving issues. The rest of the staff gives friendly, helpful service aimed at excellent customer care.
- Dr. Milford is highly knowledgeable, trustworthy, and down-to-earth.
- The staff at Clemson Eye are friendly, professional, and provide excellent customer service.
- The eye care center offers thorough, detailed exams and takes the time to explain findings and address concerns.
Forrester Eye Associates – Van Forrester O.D.
3320 N Main St, Anderson, SC 29621
Overall, most reviewers applaud this eye care center’s friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, and good customer service, while a minority cite rude doctors, insurance claim issues, and unsatisfactory examinations. Experiences seem to depend on which doctor and staff are encountered.
- Friendly and helpful front office staff.
- Thorough eye exams with knowledgeable and caring doctors.
- Efficient and quick service, including same-day glasses.
Vaughn D. Parfitt, OD
1655 E Greenville St, Anderson, SC 29621
Dr. Parfitt receives high marks for his expertise, attentiveness, and individualized approach. Patients value his commitment to staying current on the latest in eye care and taking time to address their needs. The gracious staff foster a warm, service-oriented atmosphere.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date: Dr. Parfitt stays up-to-date with the latest advancements in eye care and provides thoughtful recommendations to meet patients' needs.
- Personalized care: Dr. Parfitt takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and ensures they feel heard and well taken care of.
- Trustworthy and thorough: Dr. Parfitt has a reputation for being attentive and thorough in his examinations. He discovered a spot in the back of a patient's eye and promptly referred them to a specialist for further evaluation, demonstrating a commitment to thoroughness and patient well-being.
You & Eye Vision Care (at Walmart Supercenter)
651 Hwy 28 Bypass, Anderson, SC 29624
This eye care center is highly recommended for its pleasant atmosphere, efficient eye exams, and knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate the professional and polite service, latest equipment, and doctors who take time to explain eye health and vision options clearly. Reviews indicate a friendly, informative exam experience.
- Quick, comprehensive eye exams with attentive doctors who take the time to answer questions.
- Professional and polite staff, creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Thorough examinations with options to enhance vision, using up-to-date equipment in a clean and nice office environment.
Dirk Graves, OD
2808 E North Ave, Anderson, SC 29625
Dr. Dirk provides attentive care and thorough eye exams. Patients consistently praise Family Vision’s service over the past 5 years. Dr. Graves’ excellent manner and dedication to patient education make him a trusted eye doctor.
- Personalized and thorough eye exams: The staff, including Dr. Dirk and Dr. Graves, are praised for their thoroughness and personal approach to eye exams, ensuring patients feel well taken care of.
- Excellent bedside manner: Both Dr. Dirk and Dr. Graves are commended for their exceptional bedside manner, making patients feel comfortable and valued during their appointments.
- Knowledgeable and patient-centered care: Patients appreciate that Dr. Graves not only possesses extensive knowledge but also takes the time to educate and ensure patients understand the tests performed. The care provided is described as patient-centered, ensuring individual needs are met.
1655 E Greenville St, Anderson, SC 29621
The eye care center was commended for its knowledgeable and amicable optometrists, comprehensive eye examinations utilizing advanced equipment that enables precise diagnoses, and attentive support staff delivering superb service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviewers have mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and knowledgeable. This is an important factor when seeking eye care as it ensures that you will receive professional assistance and guidance throughout your exam.
- Advanced technology and equipment: Many reviews highlight the use of advanced technology and equipment at this eye care center. This is a significant advantage, as it suggests that you will have access to top-notch diagnostic tools and treatment options, resulting in a more accurate and effective eye exam.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in South Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in South Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in South Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in South Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in South Carolina.
- The In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 12.3% among those with diabetes, which is more than twice the overall percentage of 5.71%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.46%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.71%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.75%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in South Carolina
- In South Carolina, 5.71% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in South Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.87% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in South Carolina face even higher rates at 8.29%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in South Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in South Carolina.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 8.46% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in South Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.92% of children in South Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in South Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.71% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in South Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.