Best LASIK Surgeon In North Smithfield, RI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 77 LASIK Surgeons in North Smithfield, RI, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 3572 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in North Smithfield.
The LASIK Vision Institute
298 W Exchange St Suite 100, Providence, RI 02903
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many customers praised the staff for being friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating throughout the entire process. The procedure itself was quick and painless, and most patients reported excellent results with improved vision. Overall, customers highly recommend this practice for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Highly Satisfied Patients: Many reviews express extreme satisfaction with the LASIK procedure and the overall experience at the surgeon practice, indicating that patients are happy with their results.
- Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and professional staff at the practice. Patients appreciate the staff's willingness to answer questions, make them feel comfortable, and provide thorough instructions for pre and post-operative care.
- Quick and Painless Procedure: Many reviews mention that the LASIK procedure was quick, painless, and well-managed. Patients are pleased with the efficient process and the ability to see clearer immediately after the surgery.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
10 Orms St Suite 220, Providence, RI 02904
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice, TLC, highlight the professionalism and thoroughness of the staff. Patients appreciate the clear communication and patient-centered approach of the multiple doctors they meet with. Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the incredible results and improved vision they experienced after the procedure. Additionally, the friendly and helpful demeanor of the staff is mentioned frequently, making the overall experience enjoyable for patients.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and thoroughness of the staff at TLC Lasik. They are described as patient, helpful, and willing to answer questions and address concerns.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of their Lasik surgery at TLC. They report improved vision, often better than what they had with glasses or contacts.
- Efficient and quick process: Several reviews highlight the quick and easy process of getting Lasik at TLC. They mention that the consultations and surgery were scheduled promptly, and the procedure itself was fast and painless.
Nielsen Eye Center
95 Chapel St STE 1A, Norwood, MA 02062
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the kind and knowledgeable doctors, efficient and friendly staff, excellent communication, thorough examinations, and good patient care. Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their surgeries and recommend the practice to others. There are a few negative reviews regarding long wait times and some issues with front desk staff, but overall, the positive reviews outweigh the negative ones.
- Knowledgeable and Thorough Doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at the lasik surgeon practice are knowledgeable, thorough, and took the time to answer all their questions. This indicates that patients feel confident in the expertise of the doctors at this practice.
- Efficient and On-Time Service: Many reviewers mentioned that the practice is efficient and appointments start on time. This is a positive aspect for those who value punctuality and want to avoid long waits at the doctor's office.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Several reviews mentioned that the staff at the practice are friendly, courteous, and professional. This creates a positive atmosphere for patients and contributes to a pleasant overall experience.
Microsurgical Eye Consultants
31 Centennial Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
Overall, the positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the caring and professional staff, efficient and thorough service, and successful outcomes of procedures. Reviewers mention specific doctors by name, such as Dr. Dan Luther and Dr. Rodman, praising their knowledge, patience, and skill. The refractive coordinator, Joy Colameta, also receives praise for her helpfulness and responsiveness in coordinating appointments. Many reviewers express satisfaction with their vision results and recommend the practice to others.
- Dr. Dan Luther provided a wonderful experience for Cataract Surgery, answering all questions and providing step-by-step guidance.
- The staff at Microsurgical Eye Consultants were friendly and provided great customer service, making patients feel comfortable and taken care of.
- Patients have reported successful outcomes with cataract surgery and LASIK procedures, with improved vision and satisfaction with the results.
Koch Lasik and Aesthetics Center Cranston
2000 Chapel View Blvd Ste 100, Cranston, RI 02920
The lasik surgeon practice received numerous positive reviews. Patients praised the friendly and professional staff, as well as the flexibility and accommodation provided. Many reviewers also reported excellent outcomes after the surgery, with improved vision and a smooth recovery process. The doctors and nurses were praised for their expertise and compassionate care. Overall, the practice was highly recommended by patients who were satisfied with the results and the level of service received.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. This creates a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- Excellent service and thorough consultations: Many reviews praised the practice for providing excellent service from the initial consultation to the post-operative check-ups. Patients appreciated the thoroughness of the consultations, the ability to ask questions, and the attentive care provided by the doctors and technicians.
- Successful and satisfying results: Several reviews mentioned that patients experienced successful outcomes and were highly satisfied with the results of their lasik surgeries. Many reported improved vision, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article