Best Eye Doctors In Warwick, RI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Warwick Optometrists in Warwick, Warwick, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Warwick reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Warwick.
Atlantic Family Eye Care
1153 Warwick Ave, Warwick, RI 02888
Atlantic Family Eye Care is well regarded for attentive service, minimal waiting, and skilled optometrists. Patients value the comprehensive eye exams and friendly staff. Many also appreciate the broad selection of eyewear and convenient online booking. In summary, this is an excellent choice for eye exams and prescription lenses.
- Exceptional service and care: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional service and care received at Atlantic Family Eye Care. The staff is friendly, professional, and welcoming, providing a pleasant atmosphere for eye exams and eye care.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness and detail of the eye exams at Atlantic Family Eye Care. The eye doctors take the time to explain each step of the exam and answer any questions, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of eye health.
- Wide selection of glasses: Atlantic Family Eye Care offers a wide array of frame choices in their optical department, making it convenient for customers to find the perfect pair of glasses. This one-stop shopping experience is praised by reviewers.
400 Bald Hill Rd Ste 163, Warwick, RI 02886
LensCrafters Warwick Mall provides a positive customer experience through its friendly, knowledgeable staff like Dr. Glaser and Ms. Dias. Multiple reviewers praised the exceptional service of staff like Mary and Helene who assist customers with frame selection, adjustments, and insights. The location was also noted for fast service, good frame selection, and staff professionalism.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention staff members who were knowledgeable, friendly, and went above and beyond to ensure a positive experience. They provided valuable insights, personalized service, and took the time to understand customers' needs and preferences.
- Exceptional customer service: Reviewers praised the exceptional customer service they received at this eye care center. The staff was attentive, provided timely assistance, and showed great attention to detail. Customers felt valued and appreciated, with special mentions of specific staff members who made their experience memorable.
- Fast and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the quick turnaround time for eye exams and glasses. Customers were able to get last-minute appointments and had their glasses ready within a short period of time. This efficient service was highly appreciated, especially for those switching jobs or in urgent need of new glasses.
Dr. DeGiulio & Associates
400 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
This eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for its courteous, knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Lisa DeGiulio. Patients note thorough exams using modern technology like retinal scans, minimal waits, and convenient scheduling. A couple reviews cited isolated incidents with insurance and delays, but most customers strongly recommend the center.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center is courteous, helpful, and provides a great customer experience. They take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel welcome and well taken care of.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at this center. The optometrists are highly knowledgeable and use cutting-edge equipment to ensure a comprehensive assessment of eye health. The optional digital retinal scanning device is highly recommended by patients.
- Convenient and efficient: Patients value the convenience of scheduling appointments, with options available 7 days a week. The location inside a mall makes it easily accessible, and the proximity to LensCrafters provides added convenience for frame selections. The staff also ensures minimal wait times, making the entire experience efficient.
Precision Eye Care
1565 Post Rd, Warwick, RI 02888
Dr. Sidhom’s eye care center is highly recommended for thorough exams, clear explanations, caring service, and extensive eyewear options. Patients describe the doctor and staff as friendly, helpful, and attentive, taking time to answer questions and address concerns. Multiple reviewers mention feeling valued during visits.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Sidhom provided thorough and detailed eye exams, explaining the process and findings along the way.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praise the kindness and helpfulness of the staff, mentioning their polite and welcoming demeanor.
- Personalized and attentive care: Several reviews highlight Dr. Sidhom's attentiveness, patience, and genuine concern for patients' overall health and well-being, making them feel valued and cared for during their visit.
Ocean State Eye Care
1050 Centerville Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
Ocean State Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly staff, efficient service, and thorough eye exams. While delays in glasses and prescription concerns are noted by some, their professionalism and expertise make them an excellent choice overall.
- Highly recommended: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for their great service and well-done eye exams, recommending it to others.
- Thorough and informative doctors: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center were thorough, informative, and took the time to address their specific concerns and questions.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and cared for during their visit.
Robert J Parks,OD
120 Lambert Lind Hwy Ste 7, Warwick, RI 02886
Dr. Parks provides a thorough and knowledgeable eye exam in a caring atmosphere. Patients appreciate the friendly staff, wide frame selection, and convenient hours. Many reviewers recommend Dr. Parks for eye care.
- The office has a welcoming atmosphere with amazing sports memorabilia.
- Dr. Parks and his staff are friendly, thorough, and take the time to listen to patients' concerns.
- The optical has a wide selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses to choose from.
Visionworks Marshall’s Shopping Center
1400 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston, RI 02920
Visionworks received praise for friendly, helpful staff, modern exam technology, and quality glasses. Some reviewers cited negative experiences with inflexible appointment policies, frustrating staff, and a doctor who was rude to a child. However, many still recommended Visionworks.
- Comprehensive Eye Exams: Customers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were thorough and detailed, providing accurate prescriptions and addressing individual needs.
- Friendly and Helpful Staff: Many reviewers complimented the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They mentioned staff members by name, such as Amy and Donna, who provided great assistance in selecting frames and ensuring a positive experience.
- Wide Selection of Eyewear: Customers appreciated the wide selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses available at this location. They mentioned finding frames they liked and being able to use their vision insurance to save money on their purchases.
The Eye Doctor: Amy Falk OD
16 Main St Suite 300, East Greenwich, RI 02818
Customers speak highly of Dr. Amy for her compassion, use of the latest technology, and ability to thoroughly explain eye exam results. They also appreciate Dr. Falk’s professionalism, dedication, and attentiveness ensuring their comfort. Both doctors provide excellent eye care in a clean, modern, and welcoming office with a friendly staff.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention how friendly and welcoming the staff at this eye care center are. Patients feel comfortable and at ease during their appointments.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this center. The eye doctors take their time to explain each step of the exam and provide clear explanations of the results.
- Advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment: The eye care center is praised for having the latest technology and equipment. This ensures accurate and detailed examinations, leading to a better understanding of patients' eye health.
Victorian Eye Care and Medical Spa
215 Legris Ave, West Warwick, RI 02893
Victorian Eye Care is highly recommended by customers who appreciate Dr. Bradley’s attentive and thorough eye exams. The staff is praised as friendly and professional. However, some reviewers noted issues with disorganization and the presence of dogs in exam rooms.
- Thorough and professional eye exams conducted with care and explanations given.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, including the presence of a friendly golden retriever.
- Flexible and efficient service, including accommodating emergency appointments and providing state-of-the-art equipment for eye care needs.
- Personalized and patient-centered care, with a focus on comfort and communication.
- Positive experiences with cosmetic procedures, such as laser hair removal and facials, provided by knowledgeable and skilled aestheticians.
Eyes on Cranston
1255 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston, RI 02920
Customers consistently highlight the personable and professional staff at Eyes on Cranston, especially the knowledgeable and friendly optician Monique. They also praise the excellent service and wide selection of glasses. Overall, reviews strongly recommend Eyes on Cranston for a great eye care experience.
- Personable touch with eye exams and eyeglass fitting, providing an individual experience.
- Professional and friendly staff, ensuring a great experience during the visit.
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable opticians.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Rhode Island
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Rhode Island reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Rhode Island, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Rhode Island
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Rhode Island.
- The In Rhode Island in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 5.01% of the general population. and In Rhode Island in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.32%) compared to the overall population (5.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.31%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Rhode Island
- In Rhode Island, 5.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Rhode Island
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.97% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.96% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Rhode Island face even higher rates at 6.8%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Rhode Island
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Rhode Island.
- 10.2% of those with diabetes and 8.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Rhode Island
- Early vision care is crucial, with 74.77% of children in Rhode Island having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.93% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Rhode Island
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Rhode Island.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.