Best Eye Doctors In Johnston, RI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Johnston Optometrists in Johnston, Johnston, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Johnston reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Johnston.
Westminster Eyecare Associates Inc
891 Westminster St, Providence, RI 02903
Patients complimented the eye care center’s helpful staff, knowledgeable doctors like Drs. Guarascio and Chan, and accommodating service. Reviewers appreciated the staff’s assistance with frames, lenses, and payment. They were grateful for the friendly, efficient service.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: The staff, particularly Camila and Rosa, were helpful and knowledgeable when it came to frames, lenses, and payment options. They provided assistance in finding the right glasses and were patient in addressing all concerns.
- Accommodating and efficient service: The eye care center was able to accommodate walk-in patients and provide same-day appointments, even for urgent cases like broken glasses. The medical secretary was attentive and managed to fit in a patient within a short time frame. The optometrist, Dr. Sarah Guarascio, conducted a thorough eye exam and answered all questions.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The entire staff at Westminster Eyecare was described as friendly, caring, and attentive. Landy, Wendy, Luisanna, Jenny, and the rest of the staff provided excellent service and assistance, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of. The staff also demonstrated good communication and follow-up with patients.
Pugliese Family Eye Care
41 Sanderson Rd, Smithfield, RI 02917
Pugliese Eye Care patients report an outstanding experience, with friendly and professional staff providing knowledgeable, thorough exams. Drs. Pugliese and John draw high praise for their prompt, attentive care. Most reviewers recommend this welcoming eye care center.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Pugliese Eye Care are friendly and welcoming. From the front desk to the doctors, the staff creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: The doctors at Pugliese Eye Care are highly praised for their expertise and professionalism. Reviewers mentioned that the doctors provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams, listen attentively to patients' concerns, and offer informative explanations of test results.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviews highlighted the promptness of appointments and the efficiency of the eye care center. Patients mentioned that they were able to get appointments quickly and that the staff took their time to ensure a thorough and unhurried experience.
1013 Reservoir Ave, Cranston, RI 02910
Dr. Sampalis and staff at Sampalis Eye Care are highly regarded for their comprehensive eye exams utilizing advanced technology. Patients highlight the friendly, knowledgeable service and clean, well-organized office. Convenience, frame selection, and accessible appointments complement the practice’s attentive, personalized care.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were very thorough, giving patients confidence in the quality of their care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently praised the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, noting that they felt welcomed and well-cared for during their visits.
- State-of-the-art technology: Patients appreciated the advanced equipment and state-of-the-art testing used at this center, highlighting the commitment to providing the latest technology for eye care.
OPTX Rhode Island
1277 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
Patients highly recommend Dr. Diamante and his staff for their expertise, professionalism, and attentiveness during comprehensive eye exams. The office’s welcoming atmosphere, stellar customer service, and wide selection of frames and lenses also earn praise. However, one review cites issues with poor service and communication about surgical options.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors: Both Dr. Diamante and Dr. Head have been praised for their expertise and thoroughness during eye exams. They take the time to listen to patients' concerns and explain the entire process, making patients feel comfortable throughout the exam.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and attentive staff at the eye care center. From the receptionist to the opticians, the entire team is described as helpful, efficient, and professional.
- State-of-the-art equipment and modern facility: The eye care center is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including modern equipment for eye exams. The facility itself is clean, well-maintained, and visually appealing.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently mention the excellent customer service they received, with staff members going above and beyond to ensure patients' needs are met. The staff is described as caring, patient, and willing to assist with frame selection and adjustments.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight how thorough the eye exams at the center are, with reviewers mentioning that their exams were more in-depth than any they had experienced elsewhere.
Dr. Elissa Contillo Optometrist
671 Atwood Ave, Cranston, RI 02920
Patients speak highly of Dr. Contillo at this eye care center, describing her as attentive, thorough, knowledgeable, and approachable. Patients appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and pleasant office environment. The office also receives positive feedback for its modern eyeglass selection.
- The eye care center is known for having a kind and attentive staff, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Dr. Contillo is highly praised for being thorough, knowledgeable, and accommodating, providing excellent eye care and personalized service.
- The office has a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere, with a friendly and helpful staff.
1875 Mineral Spring Ave, North Providence, RI 02904
The eye care center is lauded for its staff’s helpful explanations of options, insurance coverage, and frame selections. Patients appreciate the efficient service, professional eye exams, and knowledgeable doctors. Many compliment the customer service and attentiveness, which lead to positive experiences.
- Helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. They assisted customers in explaining various options, insurance coverage, and selecting flattering frames.
- Efficient service: Multiple reviewers praised the efficiency of this eye care center. They mentioned that everything, from scheduling appointments to getting eye exams and picking up glasses, was done in a timely manner. Some even mentioned receiving glasses within a week of their visit.
- Thorough eye exams: There were positive mentions of the eye exams being thorough and performed using the latest technology. Some reviewers specifically mentioned Dr. Blennerhassett's eye exam as being extremely comprehensive.
Vision Associates Inc
12 Smith Ave #2, Greenville, RI 02828
Vision Associates in Greenville receives positive feedback for their eye care services. Patients value the helpful staff, knowledgeable doctors, and accommodating atmosphere. Many recommend the practice due to excellent service and confidence in the care received.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are available for questions and provide quick responses.
- Knowledgeable, thorough, and professional doctors who provide excellent care.
- Accommodating and accommodating practice with modern technology and a comfortable atmosphere.
Koch Eye Associates Johnston
1404 Atwood Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
Most reviewers laud this eye care center’s courteous and professional staff, highlighting Drs. Lewis and Bae as attentive and meticulous. While largely positive, some cite frustrations with billing procedures and appointment availability.
- Excellent, thorough eye exams performed efficiently by knowledgeable doctors.
- Caring and compassionate doctors who take the time to explain findings and provide personalized care.
- Friendly and professional front desk staff who make you feel welcome and provide efficient service.
DeCesare Eye Associates
354 Broadway, Providence, RI 02909
The eye care center receives high marks for Dr. Oliveira and her attentive staff’s expertise and congeniality. Patients commend the wide selection of fashionable frames, thorough eye exams, and assistance navigating insurance. While a couple reviews cited minor billing and lens concerns, most describe a welcoming, skilled practice dedicated to finding the perfect fit.
- Knowledgeable and accommodating staff: Dr. Oliveira and her staff are highly knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating. They take the time to answer questions and ensure that patients feel comfortable during their visits.
- Excellent selection of glasses: The eye care center offers a wide selection of high-quality glasses, including unique options like pink lenses. Customers have received compliments on the glasses they purchased from this location.
- Convenient scheduling and quick appointments: The office takes customers' busy schedules into consideration when scheduling appointments. Additionally, appointments are described as quick and thorough, ensuring efficient and effective eye care.
Garden City EyeCare
1150 Reservoir Ave LL1, Cranston, RI 02920
The eye care center is highly recommended by most customers for its knowledgeable and caring doctors, helpful staff, convenient location, and accommodating service. While some reviews mention long waits and unsatisfactory experiences, the majority praise the professional, compassionate care and thorough exams provided by Drs. Medina and Lakin in a welcoming atmosphere.
- The staff is wonderful and provides top-notch care, with compassionate and knowledgeable doctors.
- The atmosphere is serene and beautifully decorated, creating a pleasant experience for patients.
- The clinic is conveniently located and offers excellent customer service, making patients feel respected and well taken care of.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Rhode Island
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Rhode Island reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Rhode Island, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Rhode Island
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Rhode Island.
- The In Rhode Island in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 5.01% of the general population. and In Rhode Island in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.32%) compared to the overall population (5.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.31%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Rhode Island
- In Rhode Island, 5.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Rhode Island
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.97% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.96% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Rhode Island face even higher rates at 6.8%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Rhode Island
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Rhode Island.
- 10.2% of those with diabetes and 8.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Rhode Island
- Early vision care is crucial, with 74.77% of children in Rhode Island having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.93% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Rhode Island
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Rhode Island.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.