Best Eye Doctors In Greenville, RI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Greenville Optometrists in Greenville, Greenville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Greenville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Greenville.
Advanced Eye Care Associates
780 N Main St, Providence, RI 02904
Reviews indicate issues with incorrect prescriptions, long waits, rude service, and lacking thoroughness, though some found professional, quality eye exams and positive doctor experiences.
- The eye care center took extra precautions during COVID-19 and followed safety protocols.
- The staff provided thorough eye exams and listened to the concerns and issues of the patients.
- The doctor remained patient and conducted the exam even with a crying baby present, avoiding the need for rescheduling.
70 Providence Pl, Providence, RI 02903
The eye care center received positive feedback for easy appointment booking, friendly staff, and comprehensive exams. Patients commented favorably on doctors like Dr. Roland Estrada for explaining conditions clearly. However, they refused service to one patient who had trouble with paperwork.
- Easy online appointment scheduling.
- Friendly and efficient staff.
- Thorough and informative eye exams.
- Helpful and knowledgeable doctors.
- Quick and simple process.
- Accommodating and understanding of patients' needs.
- Excellent workplace demeanor and customer service.
- Variety of options offered without pressure.
- Highly recommended by previous patients.
Dr. Lawrence Cohen
620 George Washington Hwy, Lincoln, RI 02865
Dr. Cohen receives high marks for his meticulous, patient-centered eye exams. Reviewers describe his approachable bedside manner and use of advanced technology. While a few cite issues with billing and the receptionist’s demeanor, most reviewers had positive experiences and would return to his conveniently located practice.
- Dr. Cohen is highly recommended and provides thorough and informative eye exams.
- The office is conveniently located and offers comprehensive eye exams along with medical evaluation and diagnosis of eye diseases.
- Dr. Cohen takes his time and makes patients feel comfortable during the exam.
Pugliese Family Eye Care
41 Sanderson Rd, Smithfield, RI 02917
Pugliese Eye Care receives glowing reviews for their eye exams, eye doctors, and overall service. Patients report an exceptional experience with the friendly, professional staff and knowledgeable, caring doctors. The office environment is clean and uses up-to-date technology while providing prompt, thorough eye care.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, including the office staff, technicians, and doctors.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors who provide expert care for your eyes.
- Prompt and efficient service, with quick appointments and no rushing.
Giulio Diamante, MD & Associates
1277 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
Dr. Diamante offers comprehensive eye exams utilizing advanced technology. Patients consistently compliment the doctor’s compassionate bedside manner and surgical skills. His organized and caring staff provides personalized attention, resulting in high satisfaction.
- Thorough eye examinations and good customer service provided by Dr. Diamante and his team.
- High-end equipment for eye exams and tests, making the experience enjoyable and helpful in selecting glasses.
- Advanced technology and experience for cataract surgery, giving patients peace of mind and excellent results.
Eyes on Lincoln
622 George Washington Hwy, Lincoln, RI 02865
This eye care center is highly recommended for its attentive staff, short wait times, and pediatric expertise. Patients appreciate the helpful assistance, large frame selection, and clear insurance guidance. The doctors take time with each patient, with a gentle manner towards children.
- Excellent customer service and friendly staff
- Quick and easy appointments
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctors and opticians
OPTX Rhode Island
1277 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
The eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for its professional staff, thorough exams using advanced equipment, and wide selection of quality eyewear. A small number of customers cited issues with scheduling or disappointment with specific products or services.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center has a knowledgeable and professional staff who provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams. They are praised for their expertise and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews highlight the exceptional customer service they received at the eye care center. Patients felt welcomed, comfortable, and well-taken care of throughout their visit. The staff is described as friendly, attentive, and professional.
- Modern facility and equipment: Many reviews mention that the eye care center has a state-of-the-art facility with modern equipment. This contributes to a positive experience and instills confidence in the quality of care being provided.
1875 Mineral Spring Ave, North Providence, RI 02904
Customers appreciated the helpful and efficient staff at the eye care center, particularly the frame selection process and prompt glasses completion. Several customers highlighted the outstanding service and professionalism of select eye doctors.
- Excellent frame selection and helpful staff in picking out flattering frames.
- Efficient and timely service for both eye exams and frame selection.
- Great customer service and knowledgeable staff in guiding through the process of choosing glasses.
Vision Associates Inc
12 Smith Ave #2, Greenville, RI 02828
Vision Associates in Greenville receives glowing reviews for their friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and comfortable office environment. Long-time patients recommend them highly for comprehensive eye care.
- The staff at this eye care center is described as helpful, friendly, and accommodating. They are available to answer questions and provide assistance, both in person and over the phone.
- The doctors at this practice are highly praised for being thorough, knowledgeable, and professional. Patients feel confident and comfortable with the care they receive during eye exams.
- Patients appreciate the modern facilities, latest technology, and personalized approach to eye care provided by the doctors and staff at this location.
Koch Eye Associates Johnston
1404 Atwood Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
Overall, this eye care center receives mostly positive reviews, with Drs. Bae and Lewis often complimented for their thorough exams, professionalism, and compassion. The front desk earns appreciation for friendly service. A few patients reported billing errors and appointment issues.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers for excellent service and thorough eye exams performed efficiently by skilled doctors.
- Dr. Lewis is praised for her caring approach, treating patients as individuals and taking the time to explain conditions and answer questions.
- The staff at the front desk is described as professional, friendly, and welcoming, creating a positive and efficient experience for patients.
1998 Mineral Spring Ave, North Providence, RI 02904
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly staff, expansive selection of eyewear, and excellent customer service from Steve and Chris. A small number of customers reported issues with inaccurate prescriptions and low-quality frames. Overall, most customers recommend this eye care center for meeting their vision needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The eye care center has received multiple reviews praising the staff's friendliness and helpfulness. This indicates that customers can expect a positive and welcoming experience during their visit.
- Extensive selection of frames: Many customers have mentioned the eye care center's wide range of frames, including designer brands. This suggests that customers will have plenty of options to choose from when selecting eyeglasses or sunglasses.
- Knowledgeable and professional service: Numerous reviews mention that both the father, Steven, and the son, Chris, provide professional and knowledgeable service. This indicates that customers can trust their expertise and rely on them for guidance during their eye care appointments.
Ophthalmic Surgeons Ltd
1524 Atwood Ave STE 240, Johnston, RI 02919
Patients report satisfaction with Dr. Nikolas N. Raufi, citing his surgical skill, attentive care, and vision improvements. His professional, caring team actively participates in patient procedures and recovery. Dr. Raufi emerges as a talented, reliable physician.
- Dr. Nikolas Raufi is highly skilled and has a successful track record in performing eye surgeries, such as cataract operations, with excellent results.
- The doctors and staff at the eye care center are known for their professionalism and friendliness, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for throughout their experience.
- The practice provides thorough explanations of treatment options and personalized care, ensuring patients receive the best possible outcome for their eye care needs.
Shalmar Eyes and Optics
1450 Atwood Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
Customers speak highly of this eye care center’s service, frame selection, and pricing. They describe the staff as friendly, professional, and attentive. Customers appreciate the no-pressure approach to purchasing glasses. This local boutique offers varied frames. Customers report great satisfaction with their experience here.
- Excellent service and friendly staff
- Wide selection of frames
- Professional and courteous staff
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Rhode Island
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Rhode Island reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Rhode Island, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Rhode Island
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Rhode Island.
- The In Rhode Island in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 10.2% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 5.01% of the general population. and In Rhode Island in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.32%) compared to the overall population (5.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.31%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Rhode Island
- In Rhode Island, 5.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Rhode Island
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.97% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.96% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Rhode Island face even higher rates at 6.8%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Rhode Island
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Rhode Island.
- 10.2% of those with diabetes and 8.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Rhode Island
- Early vision care is crucial, with 74.77% of children in Rhode Island having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.93% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Rhode Island
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Rhode Island.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.