Best LASIK Surgeon In York, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 88 LASIK Surgeons in York, PA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 5178 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in York.
10025 Governor Warfield Pkwy Ste 103, Columbia, MD 21044
Patients consistently praised the lasik surgeon practice for their friendly and professional staff who made them feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Many highlighted the exceptional vision results they achieved, with some achieving close to 20/10 or 20/15 vision. Numerous reviewers mentioned recommending the practice to friends and family due to their positive experiences and life-changing results. Overall, the practice received high praise for its knowledgeable staff, painless procedure, and excellent customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice was friendly, professional, and helpful throughout the entire process. They made patients feel comfortable and answered all their questions, ensuring a positive experience.
- Excellent results - Many reviewers reported significant improvements in their vision after the procedure. Some achieved close to 20/10 or 20/15 vision, which exceeded their expectations. The positive outcomes demonstrate the effectiveness of the surgeon and the quality of the procedure.
- Life-changing experience - Numerous reviewers expressed their gratitude for the lasik surgery, stating that it was the best decision they ever made. They no longer need to rely on glasses or contacts and can wake up each day with clear vision. The procedure was described as quick, easy, and painless, providing patients with a newfound freedom from visual aids.
22 West Road Suite 201 A, Towson, MD 21204
The lasik surgeon practice in Towson has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff, quick and easy procedure, and excellent results. Many reviewers mention that the surgery was life-changing, with improved vision and no more need for glasses or contacts. The surgeons are praised for their calming presence and thorough explanations throughout the process. Overall, reviewers highly recommend the practice for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- The staff and doctors are friendly and comforting, making the process easier and less scary for patients.
- The procedure is quick and effective, with many patients achieving 20/20 vision in just a 20-minute procedure.
- The recovery process is quick, with minimal downtime. Patients have reported being back to work within a few days and experiencing no pain during or after the procedure.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2168 Embassy Dr Ste 100, Lancaster, PA 17603
Patients had a great experience at this lasik surgeon. The staff was friendly, professional, and attentive, putting patients at ease before and during the procedure. The surgery itself was quick and painless, with minimal discomfort afterward. Many patients reported exceptional vision improvement, with some achieving 20/15 vision. The surgeon, Dr. Brusco, was highly knowledgeable and personally checked in with patients after the procedure. Overall, patients highly recommend this lasik surgeon for their excellent results and exceptional care.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the surgery took less than 10 minutes and that they felt absolutely zero pain during or after the surgery. This indicates that the lasik surgeon practice prioritizes a quick and painless experience for their patients.
- Excellent staff and customer service: Many reviewers praised the staff for their professionalism, friendliness, and attentiveness. They felt welcome, comfortable, and reassured throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the post-operative follow-ups.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers expressed their happiness and gratitude for the amazing vision they achieved after the procedure. They reported having better vision than they ever had with glasses or contacts, with some even achieving 20/15 vision. These positive outcomes demonstrate the lasik surgeon's expertise in delivering life-changing results to their patients.
4640 High Pointe Blvd Suite 60, Harrisburg, PA 17111
The lasik surgeon practice received positive reviews for their friendly and welcoming staff who made patients feel comfortable throughout the process. Many reviewers praised the quick and efficient procedure, with some experiencing clear vision the morning after surgery. The surgeon, Dr. Procope, received high praise for his professionalism, thoroughness, and for personally checking in on patients before and after surgery. Overall, reviewers highly recommend the practice and express gratitude for the life-changing experience of achieving clear vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable.
- Excellent post-surgery care, including phone calls from the surgeon.
- Quick and efficient procedure with impressive results, often achieving 20/20 vision.
Eyes of York
1880 Kenneth Rd Suite 1, York, PA 17408
The positive reviews for Eyes of York, a lasik surgeon practice, highlight their amazing staff who are welcoming, professional, and take their time with patients. Multiple reviewers mention that they highly recommend Eyes of York to friends and family due to the friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to address any questions or concerns. The surgeons, including Dr. Park and Dr. LeCroce, are highly praised for their expertise, empathy, and thorough evaluations. Overall, reviewers appreciate the excellent care, detailed explanations, and positive outcomes they experienced at Eyes of York.
- The staff at Eyes of York is welcoming, professional, and takes their time with patients.
- The doctors are knowledgeable, thorough, and provide detailed explanations.
- The surgeons are highly skilled and have successfully performed cataract and Lasik surgeries.
Baltimore Washington Eye Center
200 Hospital Dr # 600, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Patients rave about the phenomenal staff and outstanding treatment received from Dr. Strier at the BWEye Center. They appreciate the professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the staff. Many people highly recommend the practice for routine eye care, surgery, and LASIK procedures, noting the great results and life-changing experiences they have had.
- Phenomenal staff: The practice has a highly skilled and friendly staff, providing excellent eye care and making patients feel comfortable during exams and procedures.
- Accommodating and flexible: The practice is willing to go above and beyond to meet their patients' needs, such as mounting lenses for Amazon Echo Frames and accepting prescriptions from other eye doctors.
- Experienced and trusted surgeons: Dr. Strier and Dr. Spagnolo are highly recommended for their expertise and have been providing successful eye surgeries, including LASIK, for many years.
New Vision Laser Center
1145 Professional Ct, Hagerstown, MD 21740
The New Vision Laser Center in Hagerstown is highly recommended by many patients. They have a knowledgeable and informative staff who make patients feel comfortable and are thorough in explaining the procedure. The surgeon, Dr. Gladsden, is praised for his professionalism and expertise, and the overall experience is described as painless and life-changing. Additionally, the staff is commended for their friendliness, kindness, and excellent customer service.
- Highly informative and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers praised the lasik surgeon and his team for being informative and providing detailed explanations about the procedure. They felt comfortable and well-informed throughout the process.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many reviewers mentioned that they experienced significant improvement in their vision after the surgery. They were able to achieve 20/20 vision or better and were delighted with the outcome.
- Professional and friendly staff: Numerous reviewers appreciated the friendly and welcoming nature of the lasik surgeon and his staff. They felt supported throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the post-operative care.
Dr. Brett B. Ernst, MD
10 Capital Dr STE 300, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Patients consistently praise Dr. Ernst and his staff for their kindness, professionalism, and caring attitude. Many patients appreciate that Dr. Ernst personally follows up with them after surgery to ensure they have no complications. The office staff are described as efficient, friendly, and reassuring, creating a positive experience for patients. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Ernst and his practice for LASIK, cataract, and other eye surgeries.
- Kind and Caring Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the practice, including Dr. Ernst, are kind, caring, and provide a positive experience. Patients appreciate the friendly and professional atmosphere of the office.
- Excellent Follow-up and Communication: Several reviewers highlight Dr. Ernst's follow-up care and communication. He personally calls his patients after surgery and ensures that they have no complications. This attention to detail and patient care is highly appreciated by the reviewers.
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Doctor: Many reviews mention that Dr. Ernst is experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled in performing LASIK and cataract surgeries. Patients express satisfaction with their improved vision and trust in his expertise.
- Overall, the pros identified from the reviews include a kind and caring staff, excellent follow-up and communication, and an experienced and knowledgeable doctor.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article