Best LASIK Surgeon In Mechanicsburg, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 102 LASIK Surgeons in Mechanicsburg, PA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 3362 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Mechanicsburg.
The LASIK Vision Institute
22 West Road Suite 201, Towson, MD 21204
Overall, the positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight the smooth and efficient process, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and excellent results. Many reviewers mentioned that the procedure was quick and easy, with minimal discomfort. The staff, including Jada and Ceiy, were commended for their friendliness and assistance throughout the entire process. The majority of reviewers expressed satisfaction with their improved vision and recommended the practice to others.
- Smooth and efficient process from consultation to scheduling procedure.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and reassured.
- Positive results, with many patients achieving better than expected vision and experiencing a quick and easy recovery process.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2168 Embassy Dr Ste 100, Lancaster, PA 17603
Patients who had the LASIK procedure at this practice had overwhelmingly positive experiences. They praised the surgeon, Dr. Brusco, for his personable and professional approach, as well as his attentiveness in checking in on their progress post-surgery. The staff were described as friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful throughout the entire process. Many patients were amazed at the quick and painless procedure, and reported excellent vision results, with some achieving even better than 20/20 vision. Overall, patients highly recommended this practice and expressed gratitude for the life-changing experience.
- Highly professional and friendly staff: The lasik surgeon practice has a team of knowledgeable and supportive staff members who make patients feel welcome and comfortable throughout the entire process. Patients appreciate their attentiveness, ability to answer questions, and calming presence.
- Efficient and painless procedure: Many patients report that the lasik surgery itself was quick, taking less than 10 minutes, and they experienced no pain during or after the procedure. This is a significant advantage for individuals who may be anxious about the surgery.
- Excellent post-surgery care and follow-up: Patients highlight the personalized and sincere follow-up care provided by the surgeon. They appreciate that the surgeon checks in on their progress individually, ensuring their well-being and offering advice for aftercare. This level of attention and care contributes to a positive overall experience.
4640 High Pointe Blvd Suite 60, Harrisburg, PA 17111
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight the welcoming and friendly staff who made patients feel at ease. The surgeons, especially Dr. Procope, were praised for their professionalism and thoroughness in explaining the procedure. Many reviewers emphasized the quick and life-changing results of the surgery, with improved vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts. The post-operative care and follow-up calls from the doctors also received high praise. Overall, the experience was described as great, amazing, and life-changing, with many reviewers highly recommending the practice to others.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice were friendly, helpful, and made them feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent post-surgery care: Multiple reviewers appreciated the follow-up calls from Dr. Procope and the availability of the staff to answer any questions or concerns. They also provided resources and instructions for post-surgery care.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers expressed their satisfaction and gratitude for the improved vision they experienced after the surgery. They highly recommended the surgeon and the practice to others, emphasizing the positive impact it had on their lives.
Schein Ernst Mishra Eye
10 Capital Dr STE 300, Harrisburg, PA 17110
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight the excellent care and professionalism of the doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the patience and thoroughness of Dr. Misha in answering questions and explaining procedures. The office is described as peaceful and clean, and many reviewers mention the personalized follow-up calls from the doctors. Overall, the practice is highly recommended for anyone seeking lasik surgery.
- Dr. Misha is patient and takes the time to answer questions and explain everything.
- The office is peaceful and not chaotic, creating a relaxed atmosphere.
- The staff is friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable, making the experience comfortable.
Memorial Eye Institute - LASIK Harrisburg
4100 Linglestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the excellent staff, including Valerie Cupp, who was described as helpful and supportive throughout the process. The surgeon, Dr. Chotiner, was praised for making the procedure quick, easy, and painless. Many reviewers were amazed by the improvement in their vision and highly recommended the practice for a life-changing experience.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and supportive staff, particularly Valerie, who goes above and beyond to assist and provide information throughout the entire process.
- Skilled and professional surgeon: Dr. Chotiner is highly praised for his expertise and ability to perform quick and painless procedures, ensuring that patients feel at ease throughout the surgery.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of their LASIK surgery, attesting to the improvement in their vision and the positive impact it has had on their daily lives.
New Vision Laser Center
1145 Professional Ct, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Patients have had positive experiences at New Vision Laser Center. Many report that the staff is friendly, professional, and informative. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the procedure and feel that their vision has been significantly improved as a result of the surgery.
- Highly informative and knowledgeable staff - The reviews consistently mention that the lasik surgeons at this practice are helpful, informative, and take the time to explain the procedure and answer any questions the patients may have. They provide thorough explanations and ensure that the patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results - Many reviews express satisfaction with the results of the lasik procedure, with patients reporting improved vision and no longer needing glasses or contact lenses. Some reviewers even mention that their vision continued to get better after the surgery, and they were able to enjoy activities like playing tennis and wearing sunglasses again.
- Professional and caring staff - Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and kindness of the staff at the practice. Patients highlight that the entire process was well-organized and that the staff made them feel welcome, comfortable, and reassured. The staff takes the time to listen to their patients' concerns and provides a supportive and friendly environment.
Dr. Brett B. Ernst, MD
10 Capital Dr STE 300, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Dr. Ernst and his staff received high praise from patients, with many noting their kind, caring, and professional demeanor. Patients felt that they were well taken care of and appreciated the attentiveness of Dr. Ernst, who even called after surgery to check on their well-being. The practice was commended for its friendly and efficient staff, and patients reported excellent results from cataract and LASIK surgeries. Overall, Dr. Ernst was highly recommended for his expertise, compassion, and dedication to patient care.
- Kind and Caring Staff: Multiple reviews mention the kindness and caring nature of the staff at this practice. Patients felt comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visits and procedures.
- Expertise and Experience: The reviews consistently highlight Dr. Ernst's expertise and experience as a surgeon. Patients felt confident in his abilities and praised him for his knowledge and skill.
- Personalized Care: Many reviews mention Dr. Ernst's personalized approach to patient care. He took the time to follow up with patients after their surgeries, and even made himself available for phone calls in the evening. Patients felt valued and cared for throughout their entire experience.
Columbus LASIK Vision
100 Colonial Rd #2, Harrisburg, PA 17109
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight Dr. Columbus' exceptional eye surgery skills and professionalism. Many reviewers appreciate the reasonable prices offered by the practice and the high-end technology available. Dr. Columbus is praised for his dedication to patient care, including being available for questions and providing his personal cellphone number for emergencies. The results of the procedures are described as life-changing, with patients experiencing excellent vision without the need for glasses or contacts. Overall, Dr. Columbus and his team are described as friendly, caring, and thorough.
- Exceptional Results: Multiple reviewers mention outstanding results and excellent vision after the surgery, with no regrets.
- Reasonable Prices: The practice is praised for offering very reasonable prices compared to other providers in different locations, saving patients money.
- Professional and Compassionate Surgeon: Dr. Columbus is described as professional, compassionate, and attentive. He takes the time to walk patients through the procedure, alleviates fears, and provides personalized care even after the surgery.
Memorial Eye Institute:
4100 Linglestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise Dr. Bennett Choitner as the best in any vision situations, and the nurses, assistants, and office staff are described as top of the line. The overall experience is described as smooth, easy, and pleasant, with kind, knowledgeable, and patient doctors and staff. The facility is big, clean, and very nice.
- Highly skilled surgeon: Dr. Bennett Choitner is regarded as the best in any vision situations and has extensive experience in performing Lasik surgeries.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The nurses, assistants, and office staff are top-notch, providing excellent support and creating a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients.
- Convenient and comprehensive care: The practice offers all-in-one service, with consultations, surgery, and post-op follow-ups under one roof. The facility is clean and well-equipped, and the doctors and staff provide grade A quality care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article