Best LASIK Surgeon In Hanover, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hanover LASIK Surgeons in Hanover, Hanover, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hanover reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hanover.
10025 Governor Warfield Pkwy Ste 103, Columbia, MD 21044
Current Specials: FREE Consultation
The lasik surgeon’s patients describe a smooth, comfortable process with professional staff. Patients mention excellent vision results, including 20/10 or 20/15 for some. Patients found the surgery painless, with dramatically improved vision that transformed their lives. Satisfied patients enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at LasikPlus was friendly, professional, and made patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers saw significant improvements in their vision, with some achieving 20/15 or 20/20 vision. The positive outcomes and clear sight were often described as life-changing.
- Knowledgeable and informative: The LasikPlus team was praised for being knowledgeable and informative. They took the time to answer questions, explain the procedure, and provide thorough instructions for pre- and post-operative care.
800 King Farm Blvd Suite 135, Rockville, MD 20850
Patients visiting LasikPlus Rockville had a positive experience. They felt welcomed with all questions thoroughly answered. Surgeons and staff were professional and knowledgeable. Many patients reported improved vision without glasses or contacts. The practice comes highly recommended by satisfied patients.
- Welcoming and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is described as welcoming and knowledgeable, answering all questions and making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Great results, especially for those over 40: Many reviewers mention that they experienced great results after their lasik surgery, with improved vision and the ability to see clearly without glasses or contacts. One reviewer specifically mentions that monovision LASIK is a great choice for people over 40 who would otherwise need glasses or contact lenses daily.
- Professional and efficient: Reviewers mention that the surgeons and staff at this practice are professional, efficient, and thorough. They feel well taken care of and have trust in the expertise of the surgeons.
The LASIK Vision Institute
22 West Road Suite 201, Towson, MD 21204
The lasik surgeon practice receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for their smooth and efficient process, knowledgeable staff, and excellent post-surgery vision results. A few reviewers did report last-minute surgery cancellations and post-op complications leading to regret.
- Quick and easy process, with a smooth consultation and quick scheduling of the procedure.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, including helpful representatives who walk patients through the entire process.
- Positive results, with many patients reporting excellent vision improvement, some even surpassing 20/20 vision.
The LASIK Vision Institute
9601 Blackwell Rd Suite 200, Rockville, MD 20850
Patients recommend this lasik practice for the professional and knowledgeable staff, thorough surgical explanations, fast procedures, and great results. The friendly and helpful staff make the experience extremely satisfying.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Highly professional and efficient doctors who explain the procedure and ensure a smooth and quick surgery.
- Excellent customer service and positive experience overall, with great results and improved vision reported by patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2168 Embassy Dr Ste 100, Lancaster, PA 17603
Patients consistently report satisfaction with their LASIK experience here. Dr. Brusco earns acclaim for his professionalism, clear communication, and dedication. The staff receive appreciation for their attentiveness, supportiveness, and expertise. Patients are pleased with the quick, pain-free procedure and rapid vision improvement. We come highly recommended for LASIK surgery.
- Efficient and streamlined process: Multiple reviews mention the quick and easy procedure, with most stating that it took less than 10 minutes. The staff are described as professional and knowledgeable, making the entire process fast and stress-free.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of their LASIK surgery. Several mention having achieved 20/20 or 20/15 vision, which has greatly improved their quality of life. The surgeon, Dr. Brusco, is commended for his skills and expertise.
- Personable and caring staff: Numerous reviews highlight the friendly and supportive nature of the staff, from the front desk to the surgeons. The staff take the time to explain the procedure, address any concerns or anxieties, and provide individual aftercare support. The personal attention and follow-up from Dr. Brusco are particularly appreciated by patients.
- Overall, the common pros are a quick and painless procedure, excellent vision outcomes, and caring and attentive staff.
4640 High Pointe Blvd Suite 60, Harrisburg, PA 17111
Patients were extremely satisfied with their experiences at the lasik surgeon practice, applauding the friendly staff, fast and efficient procedures, and the professionalism and thoroughness of Dr. Procope. Many experienced improved vision the day after surgery. Overall, reviewers spoke very highly of the practice and the life-changing results.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Excellent follow-up care, including phone calls from the surgeon before and after the surgery.
- Quick and efficient procedure, with many patients experiencing improved vision the next day.
Eyes of York
1880 Kenneth Rd Suite 1, York, PA 17408
The positive reviews for Eyes of York highlight the welcoming staff who take time with patients. Patients frequently recommend the practice, commending the surgeons for their kindness, thoroughness, and successful outcomes. The practice is described as friendly, knowledgeable, with great customer service, and a clean, comfortable environment.
- Friendly and professional staff: The reviews consistently mention the amazing and welcoming staff at Eyes of York. Patients appreciate their professionalism and the time they take to answer questions and make them feel comfortable.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Patients praise the doctors at Eyes of York for their expertise and thorough evaluations. They are described as knowledgeable, thorough, and attentive to patients' concerns.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: Many reviews mention successful cataract surgeries and improved vision after procedures performed by the doctors at Eyes of York. Patients report being highly satisfied with the results of their surgeries.
Memorial Eye Institute – LASIK Harrisburg
4100 Linglestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112
The lasik surgery practice at Memorial Eye Institute is highly regarded for its attentive staff and skilled surgeon. Patients report the staff, especially Valerie, offer excellent guidance. Dr. Chotiner performs quick, easy procedures with minimal discomfort. Patients experience noticeable vision improvements. This practice comes highly recommended.
- Attentive and supportive staff: Many reviews mention the helpfulness and support of the staff, particularly Valerie, who guides patients through the process and answers their questions.
- Quick and effective procedure: Multiple reviews highlight how Dr. Chotiner made the lasik procedure quick and easy, with patients experiencing improved vision shortly after surgery.
- Friendly and professional: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and professional nature of the staff, making them feel comfortable and well-cared for throughout the entire process.
New Vision Laser Center
1145 Professional Ct, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Patients remark on New Vision Laser Center Hagerstown’s educational consultations and attentive care, noting life-changing results like renewed vision clarity and freedom from glasses. Their professional yet compassionate doctors and staff aim to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Informative and knowledgeable surgeon: The lasik surgeon at New Vision Laser Center is highly informative and provides detailed explanations, ensuring patients understand the procedure before making a decision.
- Professional and accommodating staff: The staff at the center are described as professional and accommodating, working with patients to schedule appointments that suit their needs.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many reviewers mention that their vision improved significantly after the surgery and they were able to enjoy activities like playing sports and wearing sunglasses without relying on glasses or contacts.
Lasikpro Laser Eye Centers
5454 Wisconsin Ave #850, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Lasikpro patients report exceptional experiences with the knowledgeable and caring staff. Patients mention Debbie’s thoughtful process explanations, Dr. Schwartz’s honesty and thoroughness, and Dr. Perraut’s surgical skill and compassion. The modern, comfortable facility also draws praise. Many grateful patients achieved excellent vision results and recommend Lasikpro.
- The entire team, including Dr. Perraut, Debbie, and Dr. Schwartz, were consistently thorough and provided clear explanations of the lasik process, making patients feel calm and cared for.
- The facility is clean, modern, and comfortable, providing a pleasant environment for patients.
- Dr. Perraut is highly recommended for his confident work, genuine care for patients, and ability to address concerns and answer questions thoroughly.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.